4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Funky Rock Collaboration, FINAL MIX and COMMENTS
Regarding your comments
How did you find your detailed comments?
They were really usefull and I plan to work on things mentioned [ 15 ] ** [75.00%]
They were ok nothing spectacular, I already knew that about my playing [ 1 ] ** [5.00%]
They were too critical [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I hate you [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I feel bad about my playing now [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I feel like taking my guitar and playing now [ 4 ] ** [20.00%]
Total Votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
Pedja Simovic
Jan 4 2009, 05:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Jan 4 2009, 05:36 PM) *
thanks pedj! great work!

Thanks Marc!
You did a great job as well smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 4 2009, 07:00 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 4 2009, 05:01 PM) *
No rules on it then ?

Fine by me smile.gif I will put you first on list for every collab in future smile.gif

Put me standard 2nd then, don't want to miss out any of them smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
coloneldrew
Jan 4 2009, 10:01 PM
GMC:er
In the final mix, it sounds to me like my track doesn't match up with the rhythm. And also, are there pieces missing? I don't know if this is just me or not but according to my ears, it doesn't fit the way it should when I play it. Sorry to be a nag.

Thanks for your input Pedja its really inspiring. And yes, I did want the guitar to sound like that on purpose smile.gif

This post has been edited by coloneldrew: Jan 4 2009, 10:04 PM

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 5 2009, 01:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (coloneldrew @ Jan 4 2009, 10:01 PM) *
In the final mix, it sounds to me like my track doesn't match up with the rhythm. And also, are there pieces missing? I don't know if this is just me or not but according to my ears, it doesn't fit the way it should when I play it. Sorry to be a nag.

Thanks for your input Pedja its really inspiring. And yes, I did want the guitar to sound like that on purpose smile.gif

I taught your take sounded great with backing. If you don't like it I can put your take the way you mixed it - no problem for me there.
Which pieces do you feel are missing ?

QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Jan 4 2009, 07:00 PM) *
Put me standard 2nd then, don't want to miss out any of them smile.gif

No problem Roger, very happy to have you in future collabs smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 5 2009, 06:10 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Awesome collab I was amazed by all the takes , all ere very proffesional.

Thanks a lot for your comments pedja I totally agree with you. As I told you that was my first recording after I changed strings maybe that's why it sounded out of tune at some points, I'm really sorry for my weak take I promise the next one will be a lot better.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 5 2009, 01:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Jan 5 2009, 06:10 AM) *
Awesome collab I was amazed by all the takes , all ere very proffesional.

Thanks a lot for your comments pedja I totally agree with you. As I told you that was my first recording after I changed strings maybe that's why it sounded out of tune at some points, I'm really sorry for my weak take I promise the next one will be a lot better.

I agree with you Andru, everybody did really well. I have played for couple of friends yesterday (non musicians) and they really loved it!

I remember you mentioning new strings, and now it all makes sense and click. When you change strings they need some time to adapt to tuning especially if you do bending smile.gif
I know your level is higher then what you produced in this take but I take in consideration everything leading to it (holiday season, new strings, recording last minute, off time from guitar playing etc).
I am confident your next take will be great man, keep up the good work and I enjoy your videos a lot smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 5 2009, 01:44 PM
Any idea what style the next collaboration will be?

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 5 2009, 01:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 5 2009, 01:44 PM) *
Any idea what style the next collaboration will be?

Shoot me ideas I am open for suggestions , what would you prefer?

--------------------

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 5 2009, 02:06 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 5 2009, 01:58 PM) *
Shoot me ideas I am open for suggestions , what would you prefer?

Death METAL! laugh.gif laugh.gif

I won't recommend any genres because I want to rely on the BT you'll make - I think that'll decide the whole matter. It doesn't have to be pure funk or pure jazz etc. smile.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 5 2009, 02:10 PM
Instructor
I agree with you Berko smile.gif

I encourage you guys to play Jazz over anything, or anything over anything really. This will just create interesting balance in styles of soloing and backing. Sometimes it will sound awesome, sometimes not so great, but this will help you find your overall voice in music wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 5 2009, 02:13 PM
I have no idea what I want lol. Something that somebody as bad as me can sound good over lol biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 5 2009, 03:05 PM
Instructor
OC you make me laugh hard always smile.gif
I will see what I can do - perhaps a minor sounding collaboration next?

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 5 2009, 03:07 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 5 2009, 02:05 PM) *
OC you make me laugh hard always smile.gif
I will see what I can do - perhaps a minor sounding collaboration next?

That would be cool. I love sad progressions. Whenever I record solos in minor keys I hear my neighbours weeping next door.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 5 2009, 03:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 5 2009, 03:07 PM) *
That would be cool. I love sad progressions. Whenever I record solos in minor keys I hear my neighbours weeping next door.

laugh.gif

How about minor with some cool modulations ?
Already have chord progression in mind smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 5 2009, 03:13 PM
Sounds good smile.gif I will definitely join and record quicker this time smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 5 2009, 03:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 5 2009, 03:13 PM) *
Sounds good smile.gif I will definitely join and record quicker this time smile.gif

Even if its at 200bpm backing track ? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 5 2009, 03:21 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 5 2009, 02:19 PM) *
Even if its at 200bpm backing track ? biggrin.gif

I will get my cat to run down the neck of the guitar as I trem pick the strings laugh.gif

Or do an epic minute long bend tongue.gif smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 6 2009, 12:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 5 2009, 03:21 PM) *
I will get my cat to run down the neck of the guitar as I trem pick the strings laugh.gif

Or do an epic minute long bend tongue.gif smile.gif

Both sound awesome , I will comment on both takes if you do it like that laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 6 2009, 01:21 AM
Maybe they'll work well together on top of each other. smile.gif

I can't stop listening to this collab. I hope a lot of people in this get involved in the next one to follow their progress.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 6 2009, 03:26 AM
Instructor
I agree with you OC
This collab turned out to be absolutely great and very professional in my opinion.
Tolek and Velvet Roger signed up for all future collabs cool.gif
We need 17 more guys including you and we are all set smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:34 PM