Guitar Swap
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 12 2008, 05:57 PM
GMC:er
I've been faced with a hard choice. Somebody has offered me a guitar swap.

Somebody wants to swap an immaculate condition Ibanez JEM 7V White for my Caparison T.A.T 2 that is in a damaged condition (The paint has been knocked off the bottom of the body and in a fairly bad chunk) The Caparison is my favourite guitar I've ever played along with my Parker Nitefly M. But I can't play the Caparison since damaging it. It's too upsetting sad.gif

What would you guys do and what should I consider when deciding?

What's the JEM like?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Sep 12 2008, 05:57 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jer
Sep 12 2008, 05:59 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Sep 12 2008, 11:57 AM) *
I've been faced with a hard choice. Somebody has offered me a guitar swap.

Somebody wants to swap an immaculate condition Ibanez JEM 7V White for my Caparison T.A.T 2 that is in a damaged condition (The paint has been knocked off the bottom of the body and in a fairly bad chunk) The Caparison is my favourite guitar I've ever played along with my Parker Nitefly M. But I can't play the Caparison since damaging it. It's too upsetting sad.gif

What would you guys do and what should I consider when deciding?

What's the JEM like?

If you don't play the Caparison I'd get rid of it.

What good is it to you?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Sep 12 2008, 06:03 PM
Get to da Chopper!
I hear the JEM plays like butter- have you tried it out yet?

If your not playing the Caparison i think it's probably wise to trade. I'm sure one day after saving up your moneys again you can afford a new one- but in the mean time- why not play around with a JEM?

edit: obviously i realise its your favourite and remember reading about what happened to it- you may think you're giving up on it or something. But i'm sure it'll be put to good use elsewhere- it's a shame for a nice guitar like that to be sat around gathering dust.

This post has been edited by DeepRoots: Sep 12 2008, 06:05 PM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 12 2008, 06:06 PM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Sep 12 2008, 06:03 PM) *
I hear the JEM plays like butter- have you tried it out yet?

If your not playing the Caparison i think it's probably wise to trade. I'm sure one day after saving up your moneys again you can afford a new one- but in the mean time- why not play around with a JEM?

That's what I'm thinking. The guitar is currently on ebay though so if it goes it goes and if it doesn't I will swap I guess. So many people have asked questions about it since it's been on there. I'm selling it from between 1150 and 1350 which is a bargain in the UK for that guitar even a slightly damaged one.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Sep 12 2008, 06:06 PM
Learning Tone Master
The JEM is totally diffrent to the Caparison and you'll either love it or hate it. Don't swap before you actually played the exact guitar you'll be getting.

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 13 2008, 12:22 PM
Instructor
Get your friend a proposition to swap instruments for some time, like a week or so, in order to really try the JEM nicely. This is the only way to know if you like the JEM or not.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
fire
Sep 13 2008, 12:37 PM
i think you should swap it - just if you consider the price.

If you're willing to sell it anyway, i think you get a 1) undamaged TOPCLASS guitar and cool.gif the jem will earn you more money should you ever want to sell it again...

so i'd recommend to change it. smile.gif

cheers

--------------------
If you think you understood what I said, you neglect that the things you hear, are different from the thing I thought of. - Got it?

+Quote Post
Xuestor
Sep 13 2008, 01:43 PM
the JEM plays flawlessly, it's a dream, the neck is perfect, but the thing that is unbeatable with this guitar is it's really flat fretboard. It's great!

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden

+Quote Post
Gus
Sep 14 2008, 10:54 PM
I think Ivan's suggestion is the better. We really have a good idea of an instrument after playing it for a couple of days, not a couple of hours.

JEM is really great (10 out of 10 playability). I was going to buy it until I tried the RGT320q. Then I had to add a 11 out of 10 to the scale of playability ohmy.gif

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
CyanideChris
Sep 14 2008, 11:04 PM
I'd take a TAT over a JEM any day tbh.
I'd say no.

--------------------
ESP Horizon FR-II
ESP M-II
Ibanez UV777BK w/BK-Warpig/Coldsweat
ENGL Savage SE
Mesa Dual Rectifier (two channel)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 14 2008, 11:34 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
There is a rule that says "never sell a guitar"
Someday it will strike you and you'll question why you ever sold it - or why you even stopped playing it for so long.

+Quote Post
Noangels
Sep 15 2008, 02:21 PM
I wouldnt swap it for the Jem if I was you,cant you get that small chunk fixed?I expect there must be some artisans near you who could fix that no problem for not a lot of notes

Nothing wrong with Jems,I love their necks and the fretboard inlays are a work of art

I might get one of the 27 fret caparisons next year(orange colour)as the extended neck range sounds like fun

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 15 2008, 03:13 PM
It's an incredible guitar the TAT2. I might may someone local to try and fix it up. It may cost a bit but it would be worth it for sure smile.gif It's such a unique paint pattern though I hope they can do something about it smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Sep 16 2008, 01:22 PM
Instructor
Both are great guitars, so what ever you do, you will end up with an awesome instrument smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 16 2008, 01:28 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Sep 15 2008, 04:13 PM) *
It's an incredible guitar the TAT2. I might may someone local to try and fix it up. It may cost a bit but it would be worth it for sure smile.gif It's such a unique paint pattern though I hope they can do something about it smile.gif

Well if you still love that guitar , maybe it would be cool to fix it !! It should look fine then (and be unique).. smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:17 PM