5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Yngwie Malmsteen Collaboration, come on shredders sign up :)
Emir Hot
Mar 14 2009, 10:50 AM
Instructor
Hi

This time I prepared faster backing for you. This is intermediate/advanced collab but anyone is welcome to have a go.

Tempo is 130. The chord progression is simple. A5 (minor), E5 (phrygian dominant) and Bdim7

For the A5 section you can play A harmonic minor or A aeolian. For the E5 play E Phrygian Dominant. Bdim7 is just that apeggio but you can also continue with E Phrygian Dominant as it fits in the scale. We are looking for a neoclassical style so try to avoid any jazzy lines or non-stop minor pentatonic although minor pentatonic can be used sometimes.

Try to play some of Yngwie's common licks like 3 string A minor arpeggio, 3 string Bdim7 arpeggio and some fast scales. Find some logical patterns for the scales and do your best to produce a nice melody flow. You don't need to play fast non-stop but a couple of fast licks would be nice. Don't forget the important thing - VIBRATO. It needs to be very agressive and wide so don't be affraid to show your "dracula teeth" in playing if you woke up nervous smile.gif

The deadline is 28 March (2 weeks). If you have any questions you can ask here or send a PM.

On this thread you can find 15 licks in style of Yngwie which I hope you will find useful. There are 15 audio files and GP file.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...howtopic=25654

You can hear my take (attached) where I used many of these licks. I am now doing the exact same lesson for GMC so I hope you will see the video of it this month.

Good luck everybody.

---------------------------------------

1. superize
2. Dexxter
3. berko
4. Tjchep
5. Jakub Luptovec
6. Tolek
7. Chris Evans
8. Ajmurrell
9. Rated Htr
10. Jesse
11. DeepRoots
12. botoxfox
13. enforcer
14. Caelumamittendum
15. SensE
16. Gilmore
17. kaznie_NL
18. Branimir Habek
19. lcsdds
20. Sergei Polusmiak
21. coffeeman

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Mar 26 2009, 04:09 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Emir_take.mp3 ( 672.24K ) Number of downloads: 655
Attached File  malmsteen_collab_backing.mp3 ( 677.96K ) Number of downloads: 731

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 14 2009, 10:54 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
That BT is so cool!!!!! I hope I can try somehting... Although I'm not even close to intermediate/advanced, so there's a chance I'm not gonna upload anything wink.gif

EDIT: again, mono and no effects?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Mar 14 2009, 10:54 AM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 14 2009, 11:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Mar 14 2009, 09:54 AM) *
That BT is so cool!!!!! I hope I can try somehting... Although I'm not even close to intermediate/advanced, so there's a chance I'm not gonna upload anything wink.gif

Well you can give it a try if you want. You have a good chance to spend 2 weeks practicing some fast stuff. I used to like spending half a day practicing Yngwie licks. It was a very nice feeling when I managed to play his 3 string arpeggios and harmonic minor scales. I can post some tabs of common Malmsteen licks if it helps. Let me know if you're in smile.gif

QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Mar 14 2009, 09:54 AM) *

As you can see I didn't write anything about the recording and I am not going to care much if you export the way you want. Of course it would be better mono and dry so I can add that unique Malmsteen long delay to make it sound similar to his sound.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
superize
Mar 14 2009, 11:23 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I want in on this one

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Mar 14 2009, 11:33 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Very nice, I'm in! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
berko
Mar 14 2009, 11:36 AM
GMC:er
Really cool track! I totally regret now that I missed the boogie collab so I don't want to leave out this one... smile.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 14 2009, 11:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (superize @ Mar 14 2009, 10:23 AM) *
I want in on this one

in smile.gif

QUOTE (Dexxter @ Mar 14 2009, 10:33 AM) *
Very nice, I'm in! smile.gif

in smile.gif

QUOTE (berko @ Mar 14 2009, 10:36 AM) *
Really cool track! I totally regret now that I missed the boogie collab so I don't want to leave out this one... smile.gif

in smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Mar 14 2009, 11:40 AM
GMC:er
And I'm in!

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 14 2009, 11:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Mar 14 2009, 10:40 AM) *
And I'm in!

cheers mate smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 14 2009, 11:46 AM
Learning Tone Guru
That whole BT is for one take, or do we have to choose one of those parts? Either way, get me in:) I will try to write something on it smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Mar 14 2009, 11:46 AM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 14 2009, 11:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Mar 14 2009, 10:46 AM) *
That whole BT is for one take, or do we have to choose one of those parts? Either way, get me in:) I will try to write something on it smile.gif

Not sure if I understood smile.gif The whole backing is for one take, just 40 sec. Use step recording if you can't play it all at once.

you're in smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 14 2009, 12:13 PM
Learning Tone Guru
You did understood correctly:) I wanted to know, if the whole backing (40 secs) is one take:) Keep fingers crossed for me, this one is (I believe) right on the top of my playing ability, so its gonna be a challenge
biggrin.gif

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 14 2009, 12:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
I´m in! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 14 2009, 12:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Mar 14 2009, 11:13 AM) *
You did understood correctly:) I wanted to know, if the whole backing (40 secs) is one take:) Keep fingers crossed for me, this one is (I believe) right on the top of my playing ability, so its gonna be a challenge
biggrin.gif

I hope you'll manage something, you have 2 weeks. Ask if you need any help. As far as I know there is no collab on GMC where you can pick just one part of the backing smile.gif This should be one solo of 40 seconds.

QUOTE (Tolek @ Mar 14 2009, 11:16 AM) *
I´m in! biggrin.gif

Cheers Tolek

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 14 2009, 12:24 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
cool! I`d like to join please smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 14 2009, 12:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Mar 14 2009, 11:24 AM) *
cool! I`d like to join please smile.gif

No problem man, welcome smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
sted
Mar 14 2009, 12:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ha! No way I can join this but it will be great to see the finished product! Happy shredding guys!!

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Mar 14 2009, 01:18 PM
Learning Tone Master
I think this will be the toughest yet for me Emir, but... Sign me up danger mouse tongue.gif

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 14 2009, 01:26 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Joining lots of collabs but, ok, I'll join this one too if I may smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 14 2009, 01:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Mar 14 2009, 12:18 PM) *
I think this will be the toughest yet for me Emir, but... Sign me up danger mouse tongue.gif

I think you'll be ok smile.gif

QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Mar 14 2009, 12:26 PM) *
Joining lots of collabs but, ok, I'll join this one too if I may smile.gif

Sure smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 04:22 AM