Ascesion Into The Ranks Of Tone Gurus!
Marek Rojewski
Apr 6 2014, 12:17 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Let's celebrate! The unspeakable awesomeness of reaching the milestone of Tone Guru is achieved!
People from all corners of the world are seeking the Tone Gurus apartment to personally swear homage and fealty bearing valuable gifts. Bands are sending invites, and the whole music industry is in chaos as no one knows where the Tone Gurus gaze will turn, who will be elevated by His majestic presence?!?! No one knows that now He ponders upon His options... Perhaps there are new plateaus for Him to reach, far greater heights to which He must ascend? Yes! He will ascend and the universe will marvel to see His ultimate potential realized!!

biggrin.gif tongue.gif wink.gif

<Marek takes some medicine and slowly regains his fragile grip of reality>

Long last I achieved what I planed to achieve few years ago - reach the Tone Guru REC level. It was a pleasant journey, but as it is often the case, and the end of the road we realize that this is still just the beginning of a lifelong commitment.

I've been thinking what the next step should be, and haven't fully decided yet. I'm thinking about joining one of our GMC instructors Mentoring Programme, but don't know if it is necessary. On this moment I already formulated a list of over 30 lessons that I really like, and that would provide me with tons of practice.

The obvious goal would be to reach the title of Guitar Hero, but there are too many lessons below level 8 that I want to learn, that it would surely be mixed with reaching a higher REC XP Title.

As pleasant as reaching "higher titles" is, I realize that my affection to numbers is too strong, and it can be counter-productive in many ways, so maybe the idea of having additional guidance from MTP is a good one? What is the right next step on this journey?

Share your thought and celebrate with me biggrin.gif

PS: here is the link to my REC "profile" - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde.../Marek_Rojewski

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Marek Rojewski: Apr 6 2014, 12:18 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 6 2014, 12:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
Great job ,watching you grow, very inspiring
What I noticed was ,as your playing improved , your hair grew longer ,do you think there is a connection with Metal God and long hair ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 6 2014, 01:24 PM
Instructor
Well done, brother Marek ! I've enjoyed your REC's over the years and it's great to see you back and kicking ass again !

I say.. If the option for learning is there from a teacher, take it !

+Quote Post
Huargo
Apr 6 2014, 01:29 PM
Tone Seeker
Congratulations!
smile.gif
Mentoring it's a good idea but i know there's a tons of lessons here to practice.

and nice guitar!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Apr 7 2014, 08:09 AM
Learning Tone Master

Congrats Marek!!!
I always enjoy your lessons from Rec and I must say that you are very active in that section smile.gif Always a lesson finished it's a step forward for us. Great job and enjoy your achievement! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Apr 7 2014, 08:43 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Thanks everyone:) Without GMC I would still suck big time! laugh.gif And the community is a very important part of GMC.

jstcrsn while I suspect that hair length and rocking is connected I hope it is not the true, as my hair is already in such a bad shape, that if it is true, my skill will have to drop drastically in the near future;p

Monika, I just spent quite some time on your Youtube channel, and must say that you have very good composing skills (well considering you are a composer it isn't such a big surprise! wink.gif ), listening to those solos is pleasant for ones ears:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Apr 7 2014, 09:42 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Apr 7 2014, 07:43 AM) *
Monika, I just spent quite some time on your Youtube channel, and must say that you have very good composing skills (well considering you are a composer it isn't such a big surprise! wink.gif ), listening to those solos is pleasant for ones ears:)

Thank you so much Marek and I'm glad that you liked my style of composing smile.gif I'm not really a composer, I colaborate last year with FM Production for a movie. They put me this "status" for helping me for others deals. But I quit to compose and sell my ideas other persons after I saw how much money can others win with my ideas and I receive just promoting. Was a bad and sad experience. It's time to do things just for me smile.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Apr 7 2014, 09:48 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 8 2014, 01:23 PM
Instructor
Congrats Marek! I think the very basic question You should ask to Yourself is "who do I want to be" - what kind of player, how do I see my future with playing. If You consider Your future being highly addicted to playing guitar there is a need of doing the most important setp - start to composing own stuff. If You didn't do it by far , You'll see how much it helps with self development of Your view on music. It's also a lesson of how to use the skills You got. You said about the number and You've pointed very real risk of getting addicted to numbers - race of getting skills, confirmed by others. You already know it's and endless story and there will always be something worth trying, improving etc....I think You will always continue the journey but at the same time You can put more focus on getting the stuff You learned into Your original playing. I think this is the path for You. Well done on Your rec's smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2014, 04:41 PM
Instructor
Congratulations Marek! You deserved the new status! smile.gif

I think that mentoring programs are good for receiving a guidance, feedback, and also to feel an extra motivation to end the tasks and learn the lessons in a period of time. If you can choose the lessons by your own and notice that you are disciplined, you can use REC for feedback and write us for specific questions or more detailed feedback. So feel free to do the thing that you find more effective for you.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 8 2014, 04:47 PM
GMC:er
Congratulations and well deserved Marek!! I think you must be one of the busiest guys in the REC Room!!
smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 8 2014, 05:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Congratulations, Marek! Well deserved! Maybe one day I'll get to join you!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 01:41 AM