Today: Silverstein
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 12 2011, 04:04 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I just wanted to tell that tonight I was invited to the concert of this band... I like their albums but I don't know how the are live...
I'll tell the experience later... smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 12 2011, 04:27 PM
Instructor
well, I can say that this is a good cover smile.gif I like them and I'm curious to know how they sound live smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 12 2011, 05:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 12 2011, 12:27 PM) *
well, I can say that this is a good cover smile.gif I like them and I'm curious to know how they sound live smile.gif

yeah! I like it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 12 2011, 09:37 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Nice emo band, though I sometimes have a hard time telling them from others, they all sound so similar, and I've spent a LOT of time listening to this style.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Dec 12 2011, 10:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
Not my style, it sometimes sounds a bit like Green day punk, and then comes a metal part just out of place.
I want my metal melodic!

But I don't want to argue about taste, so enjoy the show.

It's not quite the same style, but I bought this album once:

Do you like this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 13 2011, 06:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ulrik @ Dec 12 2011, 06:36 PM) *
Not my style, it sometimes sounds a bit like Green day punk, and then comes a metal part just out of place.
I want my metal melodic!

But I don't want to argue about taste, so enjoy the show.

It's not quite the same style, but I bought this album once:

Do you like this?

I like the music and the clean vocals... I can't stand too much time those hysteric screams.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 13 2011, 07:18 AM
Instructor
I just returned from the show... they played for around 120 persons but they did a killer show. They have attitude, good vibe and sounded perfectly. The singer sings like in the albums. Nice concert! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
PeteLucifersAnge...
Dec 13 2011, 08:56 AM
Learning Roadie
I dont think this sound as all the other ''emo'' (its post hardcore) bands. I think its one of the most interresting of these kind of bands. I once was a big fan of that band but ive moved on to hardcore, punk and metal insteat... their last album is the only of these kind of albums i liked exept for the new we came as romans album xD but im not into this mainstream ''emo stuff'' anymore

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 13 2011, 09:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (PeteLucifersAngels @ Dec 13 2011, 07:56 AM) *
I dont think this sound as all the other ''emo'' (its post hardcore) bands. I think its one of the most interresting of these kind of bands. I once was a big fan of that band but ive moved on to hardcore, punk and metal insteat... their last album is the only of these kind of albums i liked exept for the new we came as romans album xD but im not into this mainstream ''emo stuff'' anymore

We came as romans sounds KILLER! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 13 2011, 04:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PeteLucifersAngels @ Dec 13 2011, 04:56 AM) *

Yes, I also think that they have something special. But you are saying that you consider "Silvestein" mainstream? Did I understand well? As I said in the previous post, they played for 120 people! That's 100% underground.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:05 AM