My Life...
Young Guitarist
Jun 16 2009, 12:50 AM
GMC:er
I just really cant decide guys. its summer vacation, i just finnished first 10 years of school. And im standing in the middle of a crossroad. I have different paths to chose. Some are safe, while others are risky. But are what i really want in life.

I was thinking about going to electric school, finnish that and then go in a college for programming for 5 years to get a Master grade. Thats my "safe path" ... The other one is..

Music... Music has had such a great impact on my life, id never be the same person i am today without music. I love all music that is instrumental, Blues, Acoustic, jazz, funk, rock, metal. I really express myself through music.

I am told that i have a true born talent in guitar from any guitar teacher i have had for short times. I learn fast, and they say i play with passion.

I really , really and i mean REALLY want to dedicate my life to music. But how shall i begin? Im not "pr0" on guitar yet. I started 12 months ago or so, but i can nearly play lvl 6 lessons here on GMC. But ive not been practicing much, maybe only like 20 mins a day...

But i really want to go seriously in for guitar, maybe after these 4 years at school that are up next, go to try and improve my music skills, become what im dreaming about. A musician...

I want, i really WANT to spend, 5-7 hours a day, studying guitar, and music in general. I can also become a programmer and work with music, but its a long path of school... And i feel its not the same. I want to dedicate my life to music. I express myself through music. And my soul and heart is just crying and want to burst out showing that expression. Through music. ARH! This is all so hard! I have my whole life in front of me (I'm 16) But these are all serious thoughts! You have no idea how many sleepless nights ive had, (3 in a row now) thinking about this.... I just... want to dedicate my life to music, study music, spend 5-7 hours a day playing guitar, try to make a living out of it, and i also have a talent! Atleast they say, very seriously. They told me NEVER EVER! To give up guitar.... Oh my god GMC, can you help me? I'm serious here, this is my future,

MY WISH IS MUSIC
MY SECURE PATH IS PROGRAMMING

I can go programming and still study music. But it wont be the same, im too sure... Sigh, please give me advice, i feel like my head is gonna blow up!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Rock On!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
AdamB
Jun 16 2009, 09:02 AM
GMC:er
I work as a programmer and do 5 hours practice every day.

Go the programmer route. You'll need money to fund your guitar playing. Even if your amazing, you'll still have a hard time making money from music. If you want to improve your playing badly enough, you'll find ways of fitting it around school/work.

-Adam

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:11 AM