2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Ebay Problems....
Trond Vold
Jun 14 2009, 05:09 PM
Instructor
I've been on a eBay shopping spree lately and every seller i've had to deal with up until three days ago have been very professional and helpful.

But then, three days ago the first problem came.
I won a Lyon distortion pedal in great condition for 3$. The auction seems to have gone unnoticed and there were no reserve price. The shipping fee was listed as being from 10 to 20$ international
I then requested a total from the seller, and he sent me an invoice right away with the shipping charge at 100$!
I thought it was just a typo and sent the seller an email about this.
In the meantime while waiting for an answer i won another item from his store at 3$.
And again, i sent him a new request for a total for combined shipping.

A few minutes after that i got a new invoice with 150$ shipping.... on EACH item!
So now he wants to charge me 306$ for everything.
I immedeatly sent a new email asking if this was a joke, been almost two days now and no reply.

Anyone got any idea of the best course of action to take here?
What will happen if i refuse to pay? I'm still kinda new to eBay and not quite sure what my rights are in this situation. The FAQ's and help feature on eBay is kinda messy and i havent found any good answers there.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Jun 14 2009, 05:10 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jun 14 2009, 05:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sounds really bad. sad.gif

I´d contact eBay and present them your situation. They´ll surely clear this up.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jun 14 2009, 05:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jun 14 2009, 06:12 PM) *
Sounds really bad. sad.gif

I´d contact eBay and present them your situation. They´ll surely clear this up.

I've been trying to.
The resolve-a-problem feature is only available 10 days after the sale ended.

But I think i found something useful now.
"Excessive Shipping Charges Policy". You can report item-numbers there, doing that now!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 14 2009, 05:21 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Contact ebay & report the situation. Maybe send them copies of your emails & his replies.

What's his % reputation? I bet it's low!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jun 14 2009, 05:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Fran @ Jun 14 2009, 06:21 PM) *
Contact ebay & report the situation. Maybe send them copies of your emails & his replies.

What's his % reputation? I bet it's low!

Thats what surprised me.. he's got an ok reputation.
Positive Feedback: 98.6%
Feedback score: 421

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 14 2009, 05:27 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Jun 14 2009, 06:23 PM) *
Thats what surprised me.. he's got an ok reputation.
Positive Feedback: 98.6%
Feedback score: 421

Wow! Unbelievable...
Let us know how this ends Trond!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jun 14 2009, 05:31 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Often the shipping rate visible on the auction site is inaccurate. If You were buying on USA ebay, than it is possible that the shipping rate IN THE USA was provided. All in all, most of the time shipping rates+insurance that is most of the time obligatory are terrible. So it is possible, that You haven't asked before bidding, and read wrong shipping rate.
IF so --> well I would talk to the guy and give back the cash that he spent for putting the auction online.

Of course maybe he is a cheater, but that doesn't happen often with sellers, really. You can not pay and get a negative comment, it isn't to troublesome, although some sellers don't want to sell anything to people with any negative feedback. But You can always open another account, for Your sister for example, and bid stuff with it in such circumstances.

EDIT: also, sometimes people don't do combined shipment, and it is bit problematic in this area -- sometimes sellers warn bidders, that there is no combined shipping. But on the other side, if combined shipping is possible, it is pointed out in the auction description also. So I am unsure is it obligatory, to warn about lack of combined shipment. I only encountered problems with lack of combined shipping when I wanted to buy some cd's from USA. Each of them was much cheaper than in Europe, but there was no combined shipment, so the price difference was nullified..

This post has been edited by Marek Rojewski: Jun 14 2009, 05:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jun 14 2009, 05:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Jun 14 2009, 06:31 PM) *
Often the shipping rate visible on the auction site is inaccurate. If You were buying on USA ebay, than it is possible that the shipping rate IN THE USA was provided. All in all, most of the time shipping rates+insurance that is most of the time obligatory are terrible. So it is possible, that You haven't asked before bidding, and read wrong shipping rate.
IF so --> well I would talk to the guy and give back the cash that he spent for putting the auction online.

Of course maybe he is a cheater, but that doesn't happen often with sellers, really. You can not pay and get a negative comment, it isn't to troublesome, although some sellers don't want to sell anything to people with any negative feedback. But You can always open another account, for Your sister for example, and bid stuff with it in such circumstances.

Yea, i've noticed that on alot of auctions. But that wasnt the case of this one. On the first automated invoice i got the second the auction ended i got this:

Sale price: $3.00
Estimated delivery: Varies
Shipping & Handling: US Postal Service Parcel Post $10.00
Standard Int'l Flat Rate Shipping $25.00

Nomatter where you are in the US, shipping an ordinary sized pedal cost from 4.70 to 10$ max through USPS with the simplest option. Everything above that usually gets pocketed by the seller.

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Jun 14 2009, 05:38 PM

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 14 2009, 05:47 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Yes Trond, often sellers will pad the cost of shipping with a "handling charge". They due this to offset ebay/papal fees in most cases. He has given a "flat International rate" so therefor must honor it.

Ebay will resolve the situation and I would certainly not pay until they do.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jun 14 2009, 06:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (skennington @ Jun 14 2009, 06:47 PM) *
Yes Trond, often sellers will pad the cost of shipping with a "handling charge". They due this to offset ebay/papal fees in most cases. He has given a "flat International rate" so therefor must honor it.

Ebay will resolve the situation and I would certainly not pay until they do.

Yea, i really hope it's sorted out without much problems.
Not doing combined shipping isnt much of a problem though.

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 14 2009, 06:04 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Big hoax! I'd fight this to the end, you two have a binding contract. He can however charge you $25 for each package but then he should send packages, not both pedals packed into one box. I.e not rip you off a single cent of the shipping charge.

What a loser. He has to realize he can suffer a loss on some items and not start crying over it throwing out unacceptable posting charge.
At least in Sweden charging an exorbitant price is illegal, maybe something you can inform him about, that you'll take this further to the bitter end.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jun 14 2009, 06:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jun 14 2009, 07:04 PM) *
Big hoax! I'd fight this to the end, you two have a binding contract. He can however charge you $25 for each package but then he should send packages, not both pedals packed into one box. I.e not rip you off a single cent of the shipping charge.

What a loser. He has to realize he can suffer a loss on some items and not start crying over it throwing out unacceptable posting charge.
At least in Sweden charging an exorbitant price is illegal, maybe something you can inform him about, that you'll take this further to the bitter end.

I always have 10-30$ shipping in mind when bidding (on smaller items), so 25$ each wouldnt be a problem at all to me.
I'll do a proper complaint if there's no resolution by tuesday.

I'll take this as a good lesson that not every seller is be a good one.
In contrast to this one; the seller i bought my new Schecter from (US based) even threw in free shipping.. to Norway! And responded to every question in a few hours.

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Jun 14 2009, 08:08 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I wouldn't worry. eBay have a good resolution center : http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

And sellers, especially if they are big ones, cannot afford to have negative comments. It's really kill their business. Perhaps he just went away for the week-end. A lot of them are doing that professionally.

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 15 2009, 01:26 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Man thats crazy, I wouldnt buy it thats for sure laugh.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 15 2009, 07:39 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Just silly if you ask me..
I'd just tell him (if he doesn't reply today) that you have reported the auctions to ebay due to the fact that he doesn't honor the "contract" you have.
It says flat reate int. 20$, and then to charge you 150$(!!) in shipping for each item is just an insult.
Fight him till the end and don't pay! smile.gif

+Quote Post
jimmypw
Jun 15 2009, 11:25 AM
GMC:er
I just ignored an auction there the seller was being awkward.... Really awkward! I got an email from ebay and a "black mark" whatever that is and a bad review.

I think your in a strong position as the auction page is still up with the price that you agreed to pay. Complain to ebay (thats what they do is host auctions and settle disputes of said auctions). Also add them up yourself and does it make sense just whatever you do DO NOT PAY IT! until he has explained the invoice to you.

In time you'll learn to spot the ebay hoaxes and "too good to be true" is usually screaming it. Contact the seller before you bid to make sure.

¢¢

J

--------------------
Equipment.
Axes: Bass: Ibanez GSR200 (red) Guitar: Peavey Predator
Amps: Bass: Laney HCM30B Guitar: Marshall G50RCD

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 15 2009, 01:44 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Who knows Trond...maybe the shipping is so high because Angelina Jolie is going to personally deliver the pedal to you in high heels and a bikini! ohmy.gif

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 15 2009, 06:02 PM
Instructor
Too bad to hear this Trond man. You got yourself a pretty good deal, I don't understand how he can charge 150$ for the pedal! That is way over the top, no pedal can cost that much to be shipped!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jun 16 2009, 01:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Jun 15 2009, 02:44 PM) *
Who knows Trond...maybe the shipping is so high because Angelina Jolie is going to personally deliver the pedal to you in high heels and a bikini! ohmy.gif

Add some bunny ears, and i'll gladly whip out 300$ shipping biggrin.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 16 2009, 02:01 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Jun 15 2009, 08:21 PM) *
i'll gladly whip out 300$ shipping biggrin.gif

Amongst other things! laugh.gif

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:54 AM