Tapping..hum/vibrating Strings
Sagie
Feb 24 2010, 07:30 PM
GMC:er
Hi,

can anyone please help me with an issue/ tell me how i can fix this.

i am practicing tapping lesson and i can get every sound to come out perfect with only one problem

when i move from one string to another, the other string vibrates or hums, taking away from the sound of the new string.

thanks,

Sagar

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 24 2010, 07:38 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
You need to apply muting to all the strings you are not playing at the time in order to avoid strange sounds/hums/buzzing from being heard. Try concentrating on that, it takes some time until muting makes its way into your technique.

Check out this lesson for more on the muting topic :
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...g-101-tutorial/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Mar 8 2010, 05:35 PM
Instructor
Very common problem. It's got to do with timing. You need to "leave" one string and "pick up" the next one at the exact moment. Practice the exact point where this happens isolated until you get it right, then the whole thing will become easier.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Sagie
Mar 14 2010, 08:01 AM
GMC:er
thanks guys...helped a bunch

+Quote Post
sted
Mar 14 2010, 09:11 AM
Learning Rock Star
When a string is played mate it oscillates which is what the pickups see, problem is it will try and make all the other strings around it oscillate too at the same frequency, thats why damping is so important. Remeber you can damp/mute with you left hand as well as your right hand!

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Mar 14 2010, 04:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
Do differrent test at a slow tempo and experiment with the muting of the left and right hand....

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:02 AM