Luis Salinas, Interesting guitar player!
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 6 2007, 09:38 PM
Instructor
Hey GMC! I would like to make you know this great Argentinian guitar player called Luis Salinas. He mixes lots of style in his music like jazz, rock, tango, flamenco, milonga, folk music and many more. He is very versatile. He makes incredible melodies and combines different kind of rythms in his music.
Anyone had known him?

Electric guitar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f76JGCG_WU...ted&search=

Acustic guitar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8DT10sPPts...ted&search=

gabriel.-

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jul 6 2007, 09:40 PM
GMC:er
nice link...Thanks cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 6 2007, 10:46 PM
Instructor
You said nice and I was listening to this nice Petrucci song. Just another nice link to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0WKeCGD4h0

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jul 6 2007, 11:11 PM
awesome feeling to that second video(petrucci). Gabriel you seem to listen to all types of guitar oriented music. I listened to some of Cirse's songs as well as Digital Fear recordings and all of your lessons. My question is what is your main influence and what guitarist(s) do you most compare yourself to and why. Im guessing Yngwie will be some of it but who else?

I ask this because you seem so well rounded as a guitarist...clean chops...finesse filled solos and great rhythm as well as a huge variation in styles...all played extremely well.

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 6 2007, 11:27 PM
Instructor
Oh Wishful Thinking is an amazing song! When i first got Petrucci's CD "Suspended Animation" - i listened to all songs only once but this one made me listen to it for 20 times!!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 7 2007, 12:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Layzer @ Jul 6 2007, 07:11 PM) *
awesome feeling to that second video(petrucci). Gabriel you seem to listen to all types of guitar oriented music. I listened to some of Cirse's songs as well as Digital Fear recordings and all of your lessons. My question is what is your main influence and what guitarist(s) do you most compare yourself to and why. Im guessing Yngwie will be some of it but who else?

I ask this because you seem so well rounded as a guitarist...clean chops...finesse filled solos and great rhythm as well as a huge variation in styles...all played extremely well.

Hey! Thanks for your nice words. The problem here is that I like every kind of good (subjetive, just good for me) music. I could say that the reason why I wanted to be a guitar player was SLASH. When I was 11 I used to play GNR videos all the time. When I was younger yet I used to listen to Queen, Rolling Stones, Nirvana and Ramones. Then I became progressive metal and neoclassical metal fan. But at the same time I have always enjoyed listening to bands like Green Day, Stone Temple Pilots, Korn, etc etc... Sometimes I have classical weeks when I listen only Bach, Vivaldi and Beethoven and sometimes I have Jazz days where I listen to Pat Metheny and John Scofield.
I also love industrial music like A perfect Circles and Trent Reznor's (NIN) music and also like Marylin Manson (he used to produce them). Hendrix is THE rock guitar player for me. Steve Vai is incredible.

I have a lot of musicicans friends that makes me listen lots of amazing music all the time. Yesterday I was with a drummer friend and we saw a David Bowie show presenting his album Ziggy Stardus, and after that a Mars Volta show and it was awesome.

I could name 100000000.... bands more.

It's possible that it would be reflected in my music. I couldn't name one or two main influences.

gab.-

QUOTE (Pavel @ Jul 6 2007, 07:27 PM) *
Oh Wishful Thinking is an amazing song! When i first got Petrucci's CD "Suspended Animation" - i listened to all songs only once but this one made me listen to it for 20 times!!

I agree. It's one of the best songs of the album!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Layzer
Jul 7 2007, 02:33 AM
Cool! your Slash is my Tim Mahoney of 311...hes probably not close to slash as an overall player but every time I have seen 311 in concert(5 times...awesome show), he plays with such awesome sounding notes with such finesse and his dirty riffs always pumped me up.

--------------------
Unity

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 7 2007, 02:59 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Wow, Luis has a great stlye, and the petrucci video is awesome, one of my favorites off the album!

+Quote Post
acousticwanabee
Jul 11 2007, 06:08 AM
awesome acoustic work in that video

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 11 2007, 07:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Layzer @ Jul 6 2007, 10:33 PM) *
Cool! your Slash is my Tim Mahoney of 311...hes probably not close to slash as an overall player but every time I have seen 311 in concert(5 times...awesome show), he plays with such awesome sounding notes with such finesse and his dirty riffs always pumped me up.

Great! I don't know him but I'll check his music!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:49 PM