16 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Enforcer-jer Mtp Sessions Thread, yeah this is our place :)
jer
Jan 16 2009, 04:15 PM
GMC:er
"This video has been removed due to terms of use violation",

Man.... nothing was working lst night....

Tonight the video I make will not have any titles or anything in it. Maybe that is messing up movie maker.... Also, I'll put it on my own webspace and put the link in my post here.

Take that YOUTUBE!!!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 16 2009, 06:04 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Jan 16 2009, 05:15 PM) *
Man.... nothing was working lst night....

Tonight the video I make will not have any titles or anything in it. Maybe that is messing up movie maker.... Also, I'll put it on my own webspace and put the link in my post here.

Take that YOUTUBE!!!!!

Ok buddy thats great looking forward to it! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 16 2009, 06:31 PM
The finger independence exercise is killing me.

I cant finish vol I.

Moving 1 finger at a time is ok. Moving 2 slows me down. I cant even do it at 40bpm. My metronome wont go any slower.

The 2 finger one where you move every other finger? Yeah, I couldnt even accomplish that at 20.....

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 16 2009, 08:34 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Jan 16 2009, 07:31 PM) *
The finger independence exercise is killing me.

I cant finish vol I.

Moving 1 finger at a time is ok. Moving 2 slows me down. I cant even do it at 40bpm. My metronome wont go any slower.

The 2 finger one where you move every other finger? Yeah, I couldnt even accomplish that at 20.....

Its very normal buddy, when I came by these exercises, I had a very difficult time with them, but believe me practice it slow, even without metronome if necessary, then after achieving to move them than you can fit that to metronome... biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by enforcer: Jan 16 2009, 08:37 PM

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 16 2009, 08:57 PM
I'll keep at it.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 17 2009, 10:08 AM
QUOTE (jer @ Jan 16 2009, 09:57 PM) *
I'll keep at it.

Jer, I am going out now, if you post your most recent videos, I'll make comments about it when I get back biggrin.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 17 2009, 01:48 PM
No prob. SOme stuff popped up last night that kept me from doing anything fun really....

I'll be doing some this morning though. (its 7:21am here as I write this. 3:21pm your time I think)

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 17 2009, 04:46 PM
OK. Video made. Still some sync issues but I think it'll be ok.

I'll work on that.

I put it together in Vegas. Which worked great. Except it output a 2.6GB video. (15min long)

So I am re-rendering it in movie maker down to 40mb. We'll see what happens.

This post has been edited by jer: Jan 17 2009, 04:47 PM

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 17 2009, 05:32 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Jan 17 2009, 05:46 PM) *
OK. Video made. Still some sync issues but I think it'll be ok.

I'll work on that.

I put it together in Vegas. Which worked great. Except it output a 2.6GB video. (15min long)

So I am re-rendering it in movie maker down to 40mb. We'll see what happens.

Ok buddy looking forward to it laugh.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 17 2009, 06:07 PM
youtube removed it again....

Is it due to it being 14min long?

They allow 1GB videos....

Putting it on my site. Link in a moment.

uploading now... 14min

www.jershangout.com/files/metalfrets/jer-mtp-wk1.wmv

I've been trying wider vibratos too.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 17 2009, 06:14 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Jan 17 2009, 07:07 PM) *
youtube removed it again....

Is it due to it being 14min long?

They allow 1GB videos....

Putting it on my site. Link in a moment.

uploading now... 14min

www.jershangout.com/files/metalfrets/jer-mtp-wk1.wmv

I've been trying wider vibratos too.

Ok I am downloading it biggrin.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 18 2009, 01:21 AM
Hey bro, that viddeo was quite a work for sure, I got lots of comments bellow biggrin.gif

I will start my comments about that video with a question, do you feel any difference when playing with accoustic guitar, or electric guitar? Well if you feel more comfy with you acc guitar, grab immediately your electric guitar and practice this strumming arpeggio exercise with it!!! If it feels harder, and you feel relieved and more comfy when you play that with you electric guitar, keep playing it with your accoustic guitar. Practicing on a harder guitar generally improves you faster, but practicing in a easier one, slows down your improvement, keep that in mind biggrin.gif

Now what I think about this exercise (arpeggio, strumming), you have some errors so you should return to 70 bpm or 65bpm, to provide you with more time to think where to fret on these F to G and and D to F, so when you play that right and comfortable a 20 times on 70bpm you can jump to 75 and further until you start to make these mistakes again, there stop return to previous speed where you felt comfortable, and play it a 20 times there then again start to move up. When you reach 100bpm, dont stop there go up to 105 and 110, only and only playing comfortably there will give you a perfect playing on 100bpm. So try this ok?

About the string skipping exercise, you nearly nailed the 1-3-4 form, just you need some more time to master it. Playing it with a drum track and distortion is a great idea, with that, you can actually make also some string muting exercises, and you were very successiful in that. Only comment about that, it is not easy to see clearly but I think at 3.23 you use the middle of your pinky to fret high E string 8th fret. That is incorrect. You must use always the tip of your fingers. Always biggrin.gif 1-2-4 wasnt too bad too, but that pinky critic is repeated for that exercise too. Maybe that is why you have some difficulty on descending (notewise) horizontally through the fretboard. So here comes the 1-2-4 wide. Man, there is a problem here, this is called 1-2-4 for finger numbers biggrin.gif So you need to use your index middle and pinky, but on the video you are using your index ring and pinky so this is a problem because your ability to strech the ring and pinky is lesser (anatomically) then the index middle strech. That is why if you continue to use these fingers with 5-7-9 type shapes, sooner or later you are going to have some difficulties. You should keep an eye on your fingers buddy biggrin.gif And about the playing, yes it is seen that you are playing it for the second time, keep working on it you will do great...

Finger independence exercises are going great, but you should play it a little slower, like 5-10 bpm slower, to alow you more time to think which finger(s) to move and to focus on it/them. For the 1-3 2-4 finger exercises, you should concentrate on your anchored fingers, not moving ones. It is easier to keep some finger still than deciding which finger to move... Dont push yourself hard on this about tempo, but try to move your appopriate fingers even it takes 1min for each movement. The only target is the ability to control them independently, so when you achieve this, you will be amazed how you build up speed. Ok, if you want to achieve this, you have really to dedicate yourself, and for doing this you really dont need your guitar on hand, just put your fingertips on the a table on work for example, and try to move your necessary fingers, without moving the others. And also, you are always picking with downstrokes on that exercises, even if this is like that in the video, you ignore how it is picked in video, just do alternate picking for all times buddy.

There comes the losferword exercise, It was more evident that you had a tuning problem on lower strings, possibly on B and/or E, (maybe just old strings) I recommend you to check you tuning often...

On losfer words, you are correct, there is a timing problem there, you just keep on following the bassline, it means, you should keep on doing the previous rhythm part, that dude that tabbed this, sucked also in solo part, it is generally wrong. Just keep following your bass tabs, until bar nr68, where you will start your open string run... You need some wider vibratos here, try to memmorise well the lead line. At this time do not increase the speed until you completely finish the song. You makes some timing mistakes here, but I believe they are made due to lack of concentration, I am sure you'll work on these, and again increasing the tempo will ruin everyting now. But, to be sincere, your overall progression on this is just amazing. You are doing great on this keep going.

And finally here comes the star of the video, sanitorium, yeah there are some mistakes here, and yeah you missed the last notes big time, but you play this with feeling. You seriously feel every note you play, you might consider widening and slowing your vibratos a bit, and exagerate the wideness of your vibratos where you must. Never waste a long note without a vibrato, because this multiplies the beauty of your solo with a high factor. Try to be a little faster and harder with your bends, but your accuracy on this is spectacular (tuning wise) and you should keep it that way. And I see you nailed the faster parts on this speed, and you play it clean, that is magnificient work. And one little comment about the entry part, try to play first few notes until 13.37 all with slides, never hammer on or pick that movement, it just requires the soft and warm sound of a slide. Try this biggrin.gif Now when you get more and more comfortable with this solo with all the mistakes are gone and vibratos added etc, you can increase the speed step by step and get to the final speed. You are doing awesome mate nice feelings there!!!

I am very pleased with your work, your explanations and your selfconfident attitude man, keep it that way and you'll become very good at this. As I said it before, playing guitar is %90 the work of brain, and %10 use of muscles. So feeling self comfident and with a good attitude is a great canvas to put your exercise layers on.

That is great man, we are ahead on the schedule (at least on my planning) so lets keep it that way...

Cheers smile.gif

Can

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 18 2009, 02:32 PM
Oh yeah, I found the acoustic not as comfortable. Playing the arpeggio strumming exercise I wouldn’t say is any harder. But its not as comfortable. So tyeah, I’m switching to the acoustic for that one. For exactly that reason! And it sounds nice.

Now what I think about this exercise (arpeggio, strumming), you have some errors so you should return to 70 bpm or 65bpm, to provide you with more time to think where to fret on these F to G and and D to F, so when you play that right and comfortable a 20 times on 70bpm you can jump to 75 and further until you start to make these mistakes again, there stop return to previous speed where you felt comfortable, and play it a 20 times there then again start to move up. When you reach 100bpm, dont stop there go up to 105 and 110, only and only playing comfortably there will give you a perfect playing on 100bpm. So try this ok?

Gotcha.

String Skipping Exercise. Yeah, I did hit it with the middle of my finger a couple of times. Making that big jump back to the high E is a sloppy one for me. I’ll pay attention to that and make sure it’s the finger tips all the time.

1-2-4, I used my ring finger? I’ll have to check that out on the video. I know what the 1-2-4 refer to… Oops. I’ll fix that.

Finger Independence Exercises. Slowing down. Always alternate picking. – Gotcha.

There comes the losfer word exercise, It was more evident that you had a tuning problem on lower strings, possibly on B and/or E, (maybe just old strings) I recommend you to check you tuning often...

I think its old strings. I’ve noticed over the last few days that they don’t stay in tune as much….. I even broke one. I’ve never broken a string playing guitar in 15 years. Seriously… I’m changing them today.

On losfer words, you are correct, there is a timing problem there, you just keep on following the bassline, it means, you should keep on doing the previous rhythm part, that dude that tabbed this, sucked also in solo part, it is generally wrong. Just keep following your bass tabs

Are you talking about bar 52? I should keep playing the pattern that came before that all the way up to the 2nd solo in bar 54?

You need some wider vibratos here, try to memorize well the lead line.

I am working on the vibratos. I’ll keep trying to make them wider. You are right, it does make all the difference in the world. And yeah, I need to get the whole song down to memory. Its coming, slowly.

At this time do not increase the speed until you completely finish the song.

I had no plans to.

You makes some timing mistakes here, but I believe they are made due to lack of concentration, I am sure you'll work on these

Yeah, concentration can be an issue at times. Busy house. Wandering mind. I am working on it.

And finally here comes the star of the video, sanitorium, yeah there are some mistakes here, and yeah you missed the last notes big time, but you play this with feeling. You seriously feel every note you play,

Thanks. I am really enjoying this one.

And one little comment about the entry part, try to play first few notes until 13.37 all with slides, never hammer on or pick that movement, it just requires the soft and warm sound of a slide.

13.37 on my video? Is it the part where the notes go up the high E string? Not sure exactly where you mean.

Now when you get more and more comfortable with this solo with all the mistakes are gone and vibratos added etc, you can increase the speed step by step and get to the final speed.

That’s the plan. I’m with ya!

I am very pleased with your work, your explanations and your self confident attitude man, keep it that way and you'll become very good at this. As I said it before, playing guitar is %90 the work of brain, and %10 use of muscles. So feeling self confident and with a good attitude is a great canvas to put your exercise layers on.

Thanks Can!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 18 2009, 03:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZHFpRalj6o

Question... How do I tag the link above so it appears in video form?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SGSzDhVcX0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiA78ZTsI5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDz2zG1cksY

yeah, I just noticed the camera couldnt see my picking hand...

I'll adjust that for the next ones.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 18 2009, 04:00 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Jan 18 2009, 03:32 PM) *
Oh yeah, I found the acoustic not as comfortable. Playing the arpeggio strumming exercise I wouldn’t say is any harder. But its not as comfortable. So tyeah, I’m switching to the acoustic for that one. For exactly that reason! And it sounds nice.

Ok buddy, roger that!

String Skipping Exercise. Yeah, I did hit it with the middle of my finger a couple of times. Making that big jump back to the high E is a sloppy one for me. I’ll pay attention to that and make sure it’s the finger tips all the time.

1-2-4, I used my ring finger? I’ll have to check that out on the video. I know what the 1-2-4 refer to… Oops. I’ll fix that.

Finger Independence Exercises. Slowing down. Always alternate picking. – Gotcha.

Great!
I think its old strings. I’ve noticed over the last few days that they don’t stay in tune as much….. I even broke one. I’ve never broken a string playing guitar in 15 years. Seriously… I’m changing them today.

Thats because you are starting to really play it buddy. Thats a good sign, try to change them whenever they start to get out of tune, but you got some easier solution to that too: You can wipe your strings throughly, and always store your guitar in your guitar case after playing, this doubles the string life.
Are you talking about bar 52? I should keep playing the pattern that came before that all the way up to the 2nd solo in bar 54?

Yes, in fact, you can play the same thing during, all the solo, you can play it up to 54th bar if you like, because that is Adrian Smith's line that holds the back chords for solo...

I am working on the vibratos. I’ll keep trying to make them wider. You are right, it does make all the difference in the world. And yeah, I need to get the whole song down to memory. Its coming, slowly.

I had no plans to.

ok thats great...

Yeah, concentration can be an issue at times. Busy house. Wandering mind. I am working on it.
Thanks. I am really enjoying this one.

Yes, thats the key! biggrin.gif
13.37 on my video? Is it the part where the notes go up the high E string? Not sure exactly where you mean.

Yes, 13.37 on your video, the part after the first two notes, where you hammer on the 10-12's until the high E. Try to play the vertically advancing notes with slides.
That’s the plan. I’m with ya!
Thanks Can!

You are welcome bro! laugh.gif

Cheers smile.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 18 2009, 04:04 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Hey Jeremy,

To embed the youtube vid's, you can copy and paste the embedded link that is provided to the right of your video into your post. However, that does not work for me. What I have to do is type it in like this......

[youtube insert the 11 character number here /youtube] You need to have the bracket's on both end's of "youtube" I had to remove them so you could see what I'm talking about.

Example of one of your last links (4SGSzDhVcX0) If you add &fmt=18 to the end, you will get stereo sound. Hope that helps man... smile.gif

This post has been edited by skennington: Jan 18 2009, 04:06 PM

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 18 2009, 04:21 PM
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 18 2009, 05:04 PM) *
Hey Jeremy,

To embed the youtube vid's, you can copy and paste the embedded link that is provided to the right of your video into your post. However, that does not work for me. What I have to do is type it in like this......

[youtube insert the 11 character number here /youtube] You need to have the bracket's on both end's of "youtube" I had to remove them so you could see what I'm talking about.

Example of one of your last links (4SGSzDhVcX0) If you add &fmt=18 to the end, you will get stereo sound. Hope that helps man... smile.gif

Thanks Skenny for assisstance buddy, but the problem is that, while there are zillions of clips containing original tunes, Youtube decided to lead a crusade against Jeremy's videos because of "Copyright Violations" tongue.gif That is why he wasnt able to embed them here, youtube removes them in a matter of seconds...

Cheers

Can smile.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 18 2009, 04:29 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Ah yes, I remember seeing that a while back. smile.gif However, as long as the video is live, and don't get cut by youtube, you can embed them here on the forum...

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 18 2009, 04:52 PM
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 18 2009, 05:29 PM) *
Ah yes, I remember seeing that a while back. smile.gif However, as long as the video is live, and don't get cut by youtube, you can embed them here on the forum...

Yeah in theory it musnt be cut, but actually youtube did it twice biggrin.gif Well thanks anyway for upload buddy laugh.gif

--------------------

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 18 2009, 06:48 PM
I think mine were cut due to length... I belive youtube limits you to 10min... Which is odd since they give you 1GB.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post

16 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:57 PM