How To Get The Freeze Effect In Th-u, Is it possible?
Phil66
May 31 2020, 08:37 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Is it possible to get what I think is called Freeze in Boss products? I used it for this creativity workshop with Gab. That first chord I is held on one note for the entire piece.

Does anyone know how to get this in TH-U?

Cheers

https://youtu.be/8qs8KFPQBD8

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 1 2020, 07:22 AM
GMC:er
Just at a guess I'd say a chorus, and delay. I would be a matter of quite a bit of knob twisting though. If I had a patch that sounded like it I'd just shoot it your way. I think it's just modulation and delay? There is also the multi track looper built in to THU which could do something similar, just by looping the note similar to what freeze does.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 31 2020, 03:37 PM) *
Is it possible to get what I think is called Freeze in Boss products? I used it for this creativity workshop with Gab. That first chord I is held on one note for the entire piece.

Does anyone know how to get this in TH-U?

Cheers

https://youtu.be/8qs8KFPQBD8

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 1 2020, 07:42 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 1 2020, 08:23 AM
Freeze (If that's what it was called in my Boss unit) was so simple, that whole piece was done with one patch but you clicked one pedal and it froze that particular sound, you could do it multiple times because it wasn't on or off you just hit the pedal when you wanted and it did it's job until next time.

I might contact Overloud wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 2 2020, 06:37 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 1 2020, 08:50 AM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 1 2020, 07:23 AM) *

Haven't done it for a while, yeah your example is with delay but I used to to use reverb for that (after hitting strings automated endless reverb tail).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 1 2020, 10:55 AM
I think it was part of the Tera Echo effect, that had Freeze as part of its function https://www.boss.info/uk/products/te-2/

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jun 1 2020, 10:04 PM
It'll help to understand how 'freeze' pedals or patches/presets work.
They are quick delays, 50 ms or less, that utilize infinite feedback with volume attenuation on the repeats so as not to introduce runaway feedback where the volume raises exponentially. A quick loop really.
Boss 'Feedbacker', EH 'Freeze', TC reverb pedals ... a lot of products can do it. Most digital reverbs have some sort of infinite hall preset.
Remember, it's delay. Nothing is actually holding. It's just repeats.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 2 2020, 06:35 AM
Thanks Ken,

I liked the way you could press one of the pedals once and I froze that moment until you pressed it again and it froze that new moment, you didn't have to switch it on and off, you may have been able to have it so you could switch it off when you wanted but the default was on with a press of the pedal and the next press got rid of the current freeze and replace it with the new one from when you clicked again.

I hope that makes sense. For me I can't see how I would set it so that it only froze that moment and didn't continue to try to freeze everything after pressing the pedal. I haven't got a foot controller yet for TH-U I'm just running things on my head for now.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jun 2 2020, 04:22 PM
That particular function is set either in hardware - the pedal itself, or in the software.
With the EH 'Freeze' pedal you set the switch on the pedal to latch, which means you can take your foot off the pedal or momentary, where in you have keep your foot pressed down. How ever long the internal delay is set to (usually about 40 ms), is how much of a 'capture' the pedal or software takes.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 2 2020, 08:07 PM
Thanks Ken

Looks like getting a foot controller then wink.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 3 2020, 03:50 AM
With the foot controller you should be able to control the THU looper and get the same type of thing. It just puts your chord or not in a infinite loop.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 2 2020, 03:07 PM) *
Thanks Ken

Looks like getting a foot controller then wink.gif

Cheers

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 3 2020, 09:13 AM
Thanks Todd,
That would be tricky in real time though I think. It's not something I would use prolifically I'm just bouncing an idea around my head wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 4 2020, 08:05 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 4 2020, 06:21 AM
True!! You should be able to program the behringer to start/stop the looper but yeah it would still probably be tricky.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 3 2020, 04:13 AM) *
Thanks Todd,
That would be tricky in real time though I think. It's not something I would use prolifically I'm just bouncing an idea around my head wink.gif

Thanks Todd,

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:50 PM