motivation
beebo
Jan 17 2007, 01:48 AM
GMC:er
Hello GMCers just a little advice (I did this to) if you want to learn a song make sure that it's not extremely hard and just start off with easy songs and work up to harder songs. Trust me you'll get frustrated like me and think you suck but you actually don't! So take my advice before trying to play one van halens hardest songs ever in 20 min. good luck biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nowheretohide
Jan 17 2007, 05:49 AM
Good advice. It can get very frustrating, but don't let a song intimidate you because think it sounds difficult. ( happened to me allot)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Jan 17 2007, 01:22 PM
I think this is why many people quit playing.
Most people pick up the guitar because they are inspired by something incredible.
Then they focus on learning that lick/song and dont learn the techniques first.
When they cant do it they quit.

Its understandable as it takes a couple of years in my opinion just to learn TO play, then you can start thinking about songs.
Not that thats how I did it of course, I took route A above...lol but fortunately I hung on long enough to get some techniques under my belt and am only just now (3 years after starting) able to realise why I could not play anything for the last 3 years. Its taken me this long to forget playing songs and start playing techniques. Now I can play the songs I had so much difficulty with before.

The best thing now though is that I can go back to all the things I tried to play before and gave up on and have the pleasure of hearing them come out of MY guitar - awesome feelings.
I am having a bit of a retro time at the moment playing lots of "strummy" acoustic songs from the '60's & '70's that I had loads of difficulty with before but now sound good. Its amazing that it seems so much easier to play them now, and yet was so hard before.

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:25 PM