2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Hi
redoced
Aug 23 2008, 05:27 PM
GMC:er
Hi,

I am Markus from Germany. Finally i am a member! I've been lurking around this site for like half a year now, and always wanted to join. So I created a paypal account only to notice i still can't joind without a valid credit card. now i even got me a credit card for guitarmasterclass ...
but i must say this is worth it! i've joined yesterday evening and have been playing guitar the whole night.

I am 23 years old and started playing guitar in 2002. Before that i had some keyboards to play on, but never had any lessons at all. so now i'm pretty good playing by ear but my technique lacks a lot (at least i think so).
At one point i stumbled across economy picking and thought this was the way to go. later i kind of felt it actually hindered me in developing speed and didn't quite sound as good as alternate picking.
when i first started to use a pick (i started with a classic guitar) i held it kind of like Lian Gerbino. a friend of mine said it was wrong so i changed the grip. seeing Lian play guitar i think i should have sticked with it.

some weeks ago someone joined complaining that his thumb was totally flexible. i have exactly the same problem. with such a thumb i think applying pressure on the back side of the neck needs a lot more muscles. that's why for a long time my hands got really tired even after playing only for some minutes.

oh and i've been reading many of the theory lessons and learned a lot of it. thanks for them!

so what i want to put a lot of energy in will be hand synchronization, finger independence, picking technique and i want to learn more jazz-stuff.

i'm happy to be here, so see you around!
- Markus

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Aug 23 2008, 05:30 PM
Instructor
Welcome Markus smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
superize
Aug 23 2008, 05:31 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Welcome

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 23 2008, 05:37 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Welcome Markus, glad you were able to join us! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Aug 23 2008, 06:01 PM
Instructor
Hay Markus!
Glad you found your way to the forum:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Aug 23 2008, 06:10 PM
HI!! tongue.gif

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Mac Canic
Aug 23 2008, 07:07 PM
Welcome marius biggrin.gif

--------------------
John Ch. Mac Canic

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Aug 23 2008, 07:07 PM
Welcome biggrin.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Aug 23 2008, 07:54 PM
Instructor
welcome markus! enjoy the site!

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Aug 23 2008, 07:59 PM
Instructor
Welcome Markus biggrin.gif

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Aug 23 2008, 11:34 PM
Instructor
welcome Markus to the site

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Aug 24 2008, 12:25 AM
Instructor
Welcome Markus, hope you enjoy the site.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Canis
Aug 24 2008, 12:33 AM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome, Markus =)
Getting a new credit card just to get into GMC is just the beginning for a GMC'aholic =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Aug 24 2008, 12:53 AM
Welcome to GMC markus smile.gif

About the thumb. I was planning on visiting my doctor the coming week for something completely unrelated, but I'll also talk with him about the thumb issue and see what his advice is. I'll be sure to post it, because it might benefit everyone on the site with similar issues.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 24 2008, 12:59 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Markus. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Aug 24 2008, 02:51 AM
Acoustic Instructor
Hello Markus welcome to the GMC biggrin.gif

Let us hear how you progress in GMC & don't hesitate to ask questions in related lessons so that instructrucors can help you in your matter.

Keep rocking

Vinod

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 24 2008, 11:31 AM
Instructor
Welcome and enjoy GMC

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 24 2008, 11:35 AM
Instructor
Welcome Markus !!! wink.gif have fun here !!

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Aug 24 2008, 03:40 PM
Singing Instructor
Welcome Marcus to GMC.smile.gif

--------------------

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Nazgul
Aug 24 2008, 04:04 PM
QUOTE (Nemanja Filipovic @ Aug 24 2008, 04:40 PM) *
Welcome Marcus to GMC.smile.gif

The same. smile.gif

--------------------
Chuck Norris rules!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:43 AM