Weekend Practice Check In
The Professor
Aug 11 2013, 01:08 PM
Theory Instructor
Hey Everyone!

Just checking in to see what everyone worked on the practice room this weekend.

Post below what you checked out in the practice room this weekend and your thoughts on any progress you made.

So, what went on with you and your guitar this weekend?

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Aug 11 2013, 06:49 PM
GMC:er
Sadly I haven't been practicing that much, first will after the 17th again, some band stuff going on, but after that I'll definitely get back to practicing! And I can't wait! smile.gif, although i've been working out, so I've done some sort of practicing i guess biggrin.gif

But the only thing I've done was just transcribing a song I've been playing into Guitar Pro.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
The Professor
Aug 11 2013, 08:07 PM
Theory Instructor
QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Aug 11 2013, 06:49 PM) *
Sadly I haven't been practicing that much, first will after the 17th again, some band stuff going on, but after that I'll definitely get back to practicing! And I can't wait! smile.gif, although i've been working out, so I've done some sort of practicing i guess biggrin.gif

But the only thing I've done was just transcribing a song I've been playing into Guitar Pro.

Bummer, too bad you're having time away from the practice room. At least you can get back soon, hopefully this week will go by fast and you get get your axe back in hand in no time!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 11 2013, 09:04 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ive been learning the solos from comfortably numb for a while now, just taking a section at a time. Spent most of the weekend doing that as I finally got to the end and was learning the final section biggrin.gif Next on the list is 'shine on you crazy diamond'.
rest of the time I spent just playing over all the lessons Im working on and a bit of improvising.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
The Professor
Aug 11 2013, 09:08 PM
Theory Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 11 2013, 09:04 PM) *
Ive been learning the solos from comfortably numb for a while now, just taking a section at a time. Spent most of the weekend doing that as I finally got to the end and was learning the final section biggrin.gif Next on the list is 'shine on you crazy diamond'.
rest of the time I spent just playing over all the lessons Im working on and a bit of improvising.

Very cool, a weekend spent learning Floyd tunes is never time wasted! Good luck with Crazy Diamond, some nice guitar work on that track.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 11 2013, 10:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (The Professor @ Aug 11 2013, 09:08 PM) *
Very cool, a weekend spent learning Floyd tunes is never time wasted! Good luck with Crazy Diamond, some nice guitar work on that track.

yes indeed smile.gif thanks dude.
I have the lick library floyd dvd ( im not too good at working solos out by ear ). Watching Jamie Humphries performance of crazy diamond is just excellent, I may need to take a lap of honour when I replicate it smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
The Professor
Aug 12 2013, 06:28 AM
Theory Instructor
All good either way. Have fun with it and post a video here when you get it down, be cool to check you out playing it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:25 PM