Pod Xt Live
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Dec 17 2007, 07:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys,
Would the Pod XT live be a good pedal to buy to use for live gigging? i need something that i can switch between several tones in the same song? would this be a good investment?
http://line6.com/podxtlive/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Stevie·Ray·Vaughn: Dec 17 2007, 07:55 PM

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 17 2007, 07:55 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Dec 17 2007, 06:53 PM) *
Hey guys,
Would the Pod XT live be a good pedal to buy to use for live gigging? i need something that i can switch between several tones in the same song? would this be a good investment?

Hi mate

Great question and I`m interested in the answers here, my wife has bought me one for Christmas smile.gif I`ve not been allowed to play with it yet laugh.gif so I`m really hoping so too! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 17 2007, 08:04 PM
Lets go fishing!
You lucky Pod XT owners!!! wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Dec 17 2007, 08:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
lol i dont own one, im wondering if its worth investing in.. the XT Live

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 17 2007, 11:06 PM
Instructor
If it is just for gigging, I dont think that is a good choise, because it has poor sound quality for that purpose.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Dec 17 2007, 11:35 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Dec 17 2007, 07:53 PM) *
Hey guys,
http://line6.com/podxtlive/

From what I've heard (from others) a Vox Tonelab LE would be best for gigging. While I belive the POD XT would be better to record with.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 18 2007, 12:11 AM
Lets go fishing!
I agree with MickeM, that Vox Tonelab is an awsome peice of kit !! and looks gig worthy for sure smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 18 2007, 01:30 AM
Learning Roadie
ive gigged with both the XT and X3. the X3 is alot better for live gigs as it has extra features which can really bring out your sound. i used the XT for about a year and a bit and i never really got the tone i was looking for. i have found brilliant tones with the X3 though.

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Dec 18 2007, 01:37 AM
Learning Rock Star
I have something like the Vox Tonelab LE, but i dont like the way that they are set up, with the knobs and everything. Id perfer something like the XT with 4 channels that i can save a tone to. Any other ideas of what i could use? something sort of like a Line 6 FBV shortboard

This post has been edited by Stevie·Ray·Vaughn: Dec 18 2007, 01:40 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 18 2007, 01:45 AM
Learning Roadie
the L6 FBV shortboard is just a midi controller (its basically a floorpedal addon for the POD's or similar items)

you could go for the latest Zoom models, theres plenty of multi-effects choices around. just check them out.

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Dec 18 2007, 01:47 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Dec 18 2007, 12:45 AM) *
the L6 FBV shortboard is just a midi controller (its basically a floorpedal addon for the POD's or similar items)

you could go for the latest Zoom models, theres plenty of multi-effects choices around. just check them out.

oh i know the shortboard is jus for the line 6 gear but i just needed an example. and alright, ill check out the zoom models

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Dec 18 2007, 12:26 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Dec 18 2007, 01:45 AM) *

have you any idea how zoom G9.2tt is for recording and gigs? It's definitely a competitor to the Vox Tonelab LE in my eyes.

QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Dec 18 2007, 01:37 AM) *
I have something like the Vox Tonelab LE, but i dont like the way that they are set up, with the knobs and everything. Id perfer something like the XT with 4 channels that i can save a tone to.

It has 4 channels per bank... 30 banks so in total 120 sounds.

I've listened to a lot of recordings and as far as I'm concerned the tube inside the Zoom G9.2tt and Vox tonelab adds a true tube feeling to the sound.

Other boards you could read up on are Digitech GNX3000 and GNX4. Korg AX3000 is another option. Plenty of ppl like the Boss GT8, I don't, but perhaps that could be something?

+Quote Post
Davide
Dec 18 2007, 12:40 PM
GMC:er
I have a POD X3 Live and use it for gigs with my Marshall 6100 Anniversary and I find it great. You have the option to go with 1/4 jacks in your amp and simultanius with XLR in the PA. So you will have a good monitoring thrue your amp and a good mix thrue the PA. That was the best solution for me as I was always the loudest but always complained that I can´t hear my self. The modeling quality is awesome too. I had the XT version but the X3 brings more sound quality (my opinion). For example a mesa sounds closer to an original mesa with the X3 then the XT. And the XT costs new in Germany about 420 euro and the X3 Live only 80 euro more.
So think about it..... for a few bucks more you´ll get the better version....

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 18 2007, 08:52 PM
Instructor
I havent used my PodXT for live gigs, but I can get nice sounds from it and I know that many people have had great results with the PodXT Live on gigs smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 18 2007, 09:19 PM
Learning Roadie
have you any idea how zoom G9.2tt is for recording and gigs? It's definitely a competitor to the Vox Tonelab LE in my eyes.

the only experience ive had with the zoom g9.2tt is when using my friends. it was running through the PA and sounded very full, but i cant really comment on its features as i just used it for 2 gigs (not really havingf the chance to check it out)

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:36 PM