New Video Layout, I Need Your Opinions
Joe Kataldo
Feb 9 2008, 03:07 PM
Instructor
Hi there, Joe Kataldo here, I'm thinking to produce my next lessons with a complete, more professional layout...please check the image and let my know what do you think....any suggestion is welcome

Thanks rolleyes.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Joe Kataldo: Feb 9 2008, 03:12 PM

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 9 2008, 05:53 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Looks very good wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Feb 9 2008, 06:13 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Joe Kataldo @ Feb 9 2008, 02:07 PM) *
Hi there, Joe Kataldo here, I'm thinking to produce my next lessons with a complete, more professional layout...please check the image and let my know what do you think....any suggestion is welcome

Looks good. More information is good. It's hard to show lots of information on a video of that size and length but I think your shot there is a good balance.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
inertia
Feb 9 2008, 06:22 PM
Very nice Joe, your lessons have been awesome btw

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 9 2008, 06:25 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Yeh great idea Joe but perhaps slightly more zoomed around the strings/pickup area as opposed to the entire body? (just a suggestion ofcourse)

BTW Im really liking your lessons especially the Bossa lesson- those chords are giving me a hard time tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 9 2008, 06:42 PM
Instructor
I thought about that kind of layout some time ago but people usually like the full zoomed camera view and the little square makes it pretty small so i stick to long videos but each angle gets it's place in the video smile.gif

Btw. Joe - do you record with 2 cameras at the same time? If not you will have a lot of problems with synchronization. If you DO use 2 cameras than it's amazing! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 9 2008, 07:18 PM
Instructor
This is a good layout man, I use similar. Based on my experience I can suggest that you do a zoom all the way to the right hand so we can actually see how you pluck the strings and I used to put the right hand video down too, but recently I'm putting it in the opposite corner. It can be bigger if you straighten up your guitar neck so it is more parallel with the down edge of the screen. This way you will have bigger right hand screen and if you do a close up of the hand it can come up quite nicely. Rock on man, I really like your improvement!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 9 2008, 08:01 PM
GMC Founder
Great idea Joe! biggrin.gif I like Ivan's dual-angle style alot.

I definitely think you should go for this!

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 9 2008, 09:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
It looks great and it's practicly! The two screens can be used when you are using effect pedals aswell. Like Ivan, in his Wah-Wah lesson he used the secondary camera on his Wah-Wah foot. It just works just like this works. Also with the text balloon where you state the chord, you make it more a lesson and not just an example!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Feb 9 2008, 10:07 PM
Instructor
good idea Kataldo but you have to use 2 cams it will be better

+Quote Post
swingline
Feb 9 2008, 10:14 PM
I like the concept but I think a bigger strumming shot will be nice.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 9 2008, 10:48 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Looks really nice, give it a shot!

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Feb 10 2008, 03:01 AM
Instructor
So let me explain...what you see in the picture is a video lesson that I'm working on funk, I'm already using two cameras, I borrowed one from my uncle to experiment, but I thing I'll buy a newer higher quality one that I'll use for main video, I'm putting money in GMC I've already bought a Pinnacle/Avid Bundle, next move will be a sony camera...agree the square may be more focused and zoomed on the pick-up string area and maybe a little bigger wink.gif laugh.gif

Thanks

P.S.
BTW Im really liking your lessons especially the Bossa lesson- those chords are giving me a hard time

Please PLEASE Please, don't spend too much time learning new chords...they can be very stressful for your hand & tendons, schedule a max of 15 minutes per day focused on chords, and maybe repeat the practice session after a couple of hour, consistency is more important than long hour of practices, also try to apply only the needed pressure to fret notes...anyway a series on chords will start parallel to I Got Rhythm Guitar...so stay tuned on my lessons laugh.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Joe Kataldo: Feb 10 2008, 03:05 AM

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 10 2008, 10:16 AM
Lets go fishing!
I think its a good concept and I really like the professional look. The only reservation I would have is that I can't watch the fretting hand and the picking hand at once smile.gif (my brain cant take to much info laugh.gif )

Good work though wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:08 AM