A Recording (a Simple Riff And An Improvised Solo), I'd like feedback on recording, not guitar playing.
Matt23
May 29 2008, 09:06 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I've been trying to improve my recording a bit recently, so here we have a simple riff, beat, and bass, with an improvised solo on the second half.

I'd like feedback on the sound of the recording (or guitar sound), and what i could do to make it better. smile.gif

Of course if you have something to say about my guitar playing, feel free, but this I didn't record this to show my guitar playing (i just stuck with my 1st take for everything).

Enjoy smile.gif

Attached File  recording_tone.mp3 ( 1.1MB ) Number of downloads: 241

Edit: its called "recording tone" cos that came into my head when i had to think of a name, cos im sort of trying to get a good tone on my recordings.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Matt23: May 29 2008, 09:13 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 29 2008, 10:58 PM
Instructor
nice idea Matt23 and good backing track
your guitar sound is strange near to keyboard drive than usual drives
but i see your playing is good

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
May 31 2008, 09:43 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I actually enjoy a raw guitarsound, a little old school metal/punk guitarsounds has never hurt anyone smile.gif
That's the vibe I'm getting from your tone, and I like it biggrin.gif

Could you tell me/us what you're recording through, what equipment you're using and what program you're recording with? That way it's much easier to help you out with what you wanna know smile.gif

If it's Cubase I can help you out smile.gif

+Quote Post
Matt23
May 31 2008, 10:16 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Ok, i'm using a Line 6 Podxt plugged straight into my PC, and i'm using reaper to record and acoustica beatcraft for drums. Bass is done by the pitch bend on my pod and a normal guitar.

Btw thanks for everyones comments smile.gif and Hisham: What do you mean by a keyboard drive

Audiopaal: What is it about the sound you think is old school metal/punk cos i just meant it to be a plain metal guitar sound. Also do you mean the lead or rhythm sound?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:49 PM