Follow Up On Picks Articles
Todd Simpson
Jul 22 2021, 08:48 PM
GMC:er
This is a follow up to the Part I and Part II "Do Picks Matter" articles that I did. Here is a link to part 1 and it links to part II at the bottom.
https://youtu.be/SWI3zuRTWk4
I've always used a variety of picks and Im always trying new ones out. Going to be making some vids about my experiences with some of the new picks that I've gotten in recently like the DUNLOP FLOW.

I wanted to share this vid of OLA going through a large selection of picks. It lets you see how each one fits in the hand and how each one can influence the tone. Of course, he using a lot of gain so the tone difference will be minimal. He does talk about what each one is like to use and how each one feels differently. Check it out!

QUESTION: HAVE YOU CHANGED PICKS RECENTLY OR ARE YOU USING THE PICKS YOU"VE ALWAYS USED?

*Here is a great lesson from TROND about picking!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...cking-exercise/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 3 2021, 02:50 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 22 2021, 08:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
As I've said elsewhere I used Dunlop Jazz III Max Grip for 10+ years. Recently went to the Dunlop .88 mm Flow (with a grip) and I REALLY like it. smile.gif I think it has improved my control, feel and even joy in playing. Not a huge change, but it all counts!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
FreePizza
Jul 22 2021, 09:45 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 22 2021, 07:59 PM) *
Recently went to the Dunlop .88 mm Flow (with a grip) and I REALLY like it. smile.gif I think it has improved my control, feel and even joy in playing. Not a huge change, but it all counts!

Sold! That was enough of an endorsement that I ordered two packs just now. 👍Worth a shot.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 22 2021, 09:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (FreePizza @ Jul 22 2021, 10:45 PM) *
Sold! That was enough of an endorsement that I ordered two packs just now. 👍Worth a shot.

Attached Image

Nice! Let me know how you like them! They might not be for everyone, as we're all different, but they work for me after the 10 years of Jazz III smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 23 2021, 12:31 AM
Did you switch after I sent you some flow in that grab bag of picks from the contest win? Or had you switched before? I have been liking them a lot and i'm working on a video about them. Very cool design!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 22 2021, 04:58 PM) *
Nice! Let me know how you like them! They might not be for everyone, as we're all different, but they work for me after the 10 years of Jazz III smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 23 2021, 12:31 AM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 23 2021, 01:42 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 23 2021, 01:31 AM) *
Did you switch after I sent you some flow in that grab bag of picks from the contest win? Or had you switched before? I have been liking them a lot and i'm working on a video about them. Very cool design!

I switched to the flow pick after you sent me the picks, yeah. smile.gif I've been meaning to buy more of those. It was the one from the pack that I liked the most smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jul 23 2021, 11:43 AM
Learning Roadie
As I've mentioned before i've used the V Pick Stiletto since 2008 and I don't see a reason to change. I do have the V Pick Dimension which is a very thick pick and it's great for teaching me to relax so I use that occasionally as a tool.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 23 2021, 09:28 PM
Still love the Vpicks. I've been using the switchblade for a long time as it one one of the first to have a pointy and bevel back when most picks didn't even have pointy versions. I find myself reaching for them when I am working on something tricky. Fine choice
!
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jul 23 2021, 06:43 AM) *
As I've mentioned before i've used the V Pick Stiletto since 2008 and I don't see a reason to change. I do have the V Pick Dimension which is a very thick pick and it's great for teaching me to relax so I use that occasionally as a tool.

Glad it worked out! I've been very impressed with the flow due to it's belvel/point and how the curvature is more significant than on other picks. It seems to do a great job on Traverse.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 22 2021, 08:42 PM) *
I switched to the flow pick after you sent me the picks, yeah. smile.gif I've been meaning to buy more of those. It was the one from the pack that I liked the most smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 23 2021, 11:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 23 2021, 10:28 PM) *
Glad it worked out! I've been very impressed with the flow due to it's belvel/point and how the curvature is more significant than on other picks. It seems to do a great job on Traverse.

Yup, and the grip, which is necesary for me. I think I have a very light grip, so "normal" picks tend to slip from my fingers.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:53 AM