Fender's Custom Shop's Working On A Yngwie Tribute Strat
Scott Gentzen
Aug 9 2008, 03:34 AM
GMC:er
http://www.fender.com/yngwie/english/html/photos.html

Nov 28, 2008

Frankly I'm surprised it took this long. Looks like they're doing it like they did the Frankenstrat though.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick325
Aug 9 2008, 03:48 AM
cool but doesnt yngwie already have signature model

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 9 2008, 03:51 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
WoW!! That movie trailer was just crazy. I don't even want to know what it cost.

Looks very cool if your an Yngwie fan.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 9 2008, 10:41 AM
Instructor
There is already Yngwie model from Corona factory, I don't get this one. It lookes aged, and most likely better quality but still... I don't expect too much sold, mainly because of the strict customization in Yngwie style.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 9 2008, 11:29 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
That will surly be a killer instrument ! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 9 2008, 03:11 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
cool video smile.gif

+Quote Post
rockztar
Aug 9 2008, 03:27 PM
loled when he said the marks was from biting =)

--------------------
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS CE24 Amber
Yamaha C40

Amp:
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:
dd-6, cs-3, Emma ReezaFRATzitz - morley wah- rc-2

Guthrie Govan, Thomas blug, alex hutchings and many others

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Aug 9 2008, 09:22 PM
Instructor
I don't think they will even produce many copies of this, seems that it will be kinda on the expensive side and since Yngwie already has a signature, I don't think people are gonna buy these so much.

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Aug 10 2008, 04:45 AM
They're doing it like the replica of Frankenstrat, which was a limited run of 250 or so and was $25k. This isn't a "signature model" arrangement...it's a replica guitar. More of a collector's thing than a player's guitar.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 2 2008, 03:36 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
bump wink.gif

an amazing amount of work put into these. In the other video Yngwie even comment on a crack that they even did that laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Noangels
Sep 2 2008, 04:10 PM
So is this going to cost 25k then?If not,what price tag will be dangling from its beutifull neck

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 3 2008, 07:25 PM
Instructor
freaks !!!! hahahaha

+Quote Post
FrankW
Sep 5 2008, 04:04 AM
I don't get this whole big name replica stuff. They make a guitar exactly like an artists' original, right down to all the imperfections like cigarette burns and bite marks, and then sell it for a ridiculous price.
I realize it will appeal to some "collector" with deep pockets but guess what? It's not the original beat up guitar. It's just an exact duplicate. How does that make this thing so "collectible"? Why would someone buy a replica of Eddies' beat to hell Frankenstein guitar for 25K?
I think it's idiotic but, then again, some nut bought a sandwich that looked like Jesus off E-Bay for alot of money.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Eric Johnson Signature Strat because of the input Eric offered to design a toneful guitar. But, it's a new, not beat to hell guitar that I can wear out myself.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 5 2008, 04:58 AM
QUOTE (FrankW @ Sep 4 2008, 10:04 PM) *
I don't get this whole big name replica stuff. They make a guitar exactly like an artists' original, right down to all the imperfections like cigarette burns and bite marks, and then sell it for a ridiculous price.
I realize it will appeal to some "collector" with deep pockets but guess what? It's not the original beat up guitar. It's just an exact duplicate. How does that make this thing so "collectible"? Why would someone buy a replica of Eddies' beat to hell Frankenstein guitar for 25K?
I think it's idiotic but, then again, some nut bought a sandwich that looked like Jesus off E-Bay for alot of money.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Eric Johnson Signature Strat because of the input Eric offered to design a toneful guitar. But, it's a new, not beat to hell guitar that I can wear out myself.

In answer to your question, a lot of people are just nuts today. A lot more than before. But there are also more prescription drugs to keep them quiet. So they just do things like walking around with their ass hanging out of their pants, or lusting after some beat up guitar. I won't consider it authentic unless Yngwie farts on it. Or at least he bites on it like in the video. Preferably both.

I have a 1958 Les Paul reissue. Now they did a few aging things that I could have lived without, but nothing real noticeable, although some look good. I mean the binding blends in better. But the finish was perfect. I bought it in spite of the aging bit, and it really is a good guitar, better I think than a new production one. They used to make them better. Now on new production the neck extends less into the body, they weight relief the body, stuff like that. They make the reissues in the same fashion as they did in the 50's.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Sep 5 2008, 05:02 AM

+Quote Post
FrankW
Sep 6 2008, 01:39 AM
name='fkalich' date='Sep 5 2008, 04:58 AM' post='253770']
In answer to your question, a lot of people are just nuts today. A lot more than before. But there are also more prescription drugs to keep them quiet. So they just do things like walking around with their ass hanging out of their pants, or lusting after some beat up guitar. I won't consider it authentic unless Yngwie farts on it. Or at least he bites on it like in the video. Preferably both.

I like the way you think.

This post has been edited by FrankW: Sep 6 2008, 01:41 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:00 PM