6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Claudiostrat's Boootcamp
ClaudioStrat
Jul 11 2021, 11:55 PM
Learning Roadie
hi,

Thanks for the vid.
I think I do hear it know, listen to the attach audio please I think it might be a bit better on the lower strings but maybe still happening a bit on the highers strings? could only work 30 min so today, but over the next few days want to fix this.

Gear-wise a bit handicapped at the moment, you will see a picture soon (using a beautiful 57yr old Italian guitar ... the bridges I'm dealing with is a LP-like where the palm muting gets a bit more extreme vs an ibanez or a strat), but i think the issue is still there.

SOLDIER ON THE MOVE lol

Attached File  Practice_lesson_20.m4a ( 394.51K ) Number of downloads: 6

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ClaudioStrat: Jul 11 2021, 11:56 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 12 2021, 07:20 AM
GMC:er
It's sounding better soldier!! Your cell phone cam should be more than enough for Mission videos. I know it's not easy to swtich to a new bridge system while still working on your mute!! The floyd has a nice flast surface but les paul tails and strat tele tails can be a bit tricky to get a clean mute.

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Jul 11 2021, 06:55 PM) *
hi,

Thanks for the vid.
I think I do hear it know, listen to the attach audio please I think it might be a bit better on the lower strings but maybe still happening a bit on the highers strings? could only work 30 min so today, but over the next few days want to fix this.

Gear-wise a bit handicapped at the moment, you will see a picture soon (using a beautiful 57yr old Italian guitar ... the bridges I'm dealing with is a LP-like where the palm muting gets a bit more extreme vs an ibanez or a strat), but i think the issue is still there.

SOLDIER ON THE MOVE lol

Attached File  Practice_lesson_20.m4a ( 394.51K ) Number of downloads: 6

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jul 12 2021, 11:15 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Sarge,

a bit more progress today I think, just focusing on isolating the notes.

thanks in advance

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 13 2021, 12:11 AM
This is much improved Soldier!! I think you are moving too fast through it though as this not a shred lick, it's just to complicated to be played fast and smooth. There are many licks in bootcamp that are shred licks, this is just not one of them. This one is all about precision. About controlling how long a note rings and then cutting it off before the next note is struck. In many ways, this is much harder to do that traditional shredding.

Slow this down a bit as speed isn't the point of this one. Focus on each note. Each note should stop ringing before you strike the next notes. your fingering/muting is looking good and your synch is good!! I think you are rushing it just a pinch and its' creating some issues as a result.

How is the lick feeling? Are you noticing that it feels a bit different now than when you first started playing it?

Also, NICE AXE!!!! What is that guitar? I don't thinkg I've ever seen one like it? Very cool!

Sarge

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Jul 12 2021, 06:15 PM) *
Hi Sarge,

a bit more progress today I think, just focusing on isolating the notes.

thanks in advance

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jul 13 2021, 10:22 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

a bit more progress today. Yes I definitively hear the difference in the lick. I didn't quite approach it the right way I think to start but I think I'm getting there. The muting is more of an issue now in the around the G/B string where this high bridge is a bit of a tricky one to deal with (i.e. it either kills the note of not muting at all) or probably just not used to it... but to be honest I'll be back to my usual axe in 2/3 weeks so curious to see how this goes with the Ibby for instance.

Having said that this Guitar is great and quite a piece of history too and it plays surprisingly well: dated 1962 it is my Dad 1st guitar. Attached a proper picture so you can see it. The pick-ups are microphone like.... weird, have a good look! The clean, bluesy sound is really nice.
Manufacture is probably now defunct "Gemelli", 1962, Italian made. Mahogany, fingerboard is pearloid... kind of plastic the neck is surprisingly thin (almost like an Ibby!!)
The finishing is quite amazing for a guitar of this age, it is not particularly valuable mostly sentimental value really, It was re-fretted a few years ago. This is the first time in my life I use it (as really started to play a bit more than a year ago)... love it .

Attached Image

see below

This post has been edited by ClaudioStrat: Jul 13 2021, 10:47 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 14 2021, 03:37 AM
That guitar is awesome!! It's a vintage piece now and needs tending. That wood grain is lovely. I've never seen a guitar quite like this. A very rare piece indeed!

Your progress video let's me hear you are making very good progress. I"m amazed you can play it this well on an instrument that is not your primary. The bridge looks very tricky to mute as well. I hear what you are talking about on the G/B string. One tip I can give you is to try to only fret the note that is being played. It's tempting to bar more than one string with the first finger. This results in notes ringing too long. It's a lot more work of course to shift fingers for each note, but it's the best way to keep everything clean. I can't see what you are doing very well in this video but I can hear it. Slow things down just a pinch more and focus on only fretting the note being struck as it's being struck. This will isolate the notes and get rid of any bleed you are getting. Make sense?

Sarge

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jul 14 2021, 05:38 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

sorry didn't realized the video quality was so poor!

today you'll see better. I think I manage to mute it better too now on top and bottom string, I think it was a right hand position problem, need to put a touch more pressure when I cross the g/b ... very small difference but seems to work. Left hand you mentioned barring but I do not think I was doing it (but today you can see better from the video)

one slow one normal speed with vintage AXE lol. what do you think?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 16 2021, 02:12 AM
Congrats Soldier!! You have made a lot of progress on this and are using a guitar with a very tricky bridge to mute on. I think you have more than earned your badge on this one!! i can hear a little open string bleed on the first run but the notes themselves are nice and tight which is what I wanted to see smile.gif This type of lick is all about keeping focus on each note as it's being played and stopping the previous note from ringing out which is an important thing to learn as it's going to be coming up a lot as we move forward!! You've got this one Soldier! Well done and congrats!

You just...

LEVELED UP!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th August 2021 - 06:01 PM