Periphery's New Album - Listen Here
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 20 2014, 07:55 AM
Instructor
This is a totally new and interesting concept - they wrote a song each from A to Z and all the other guys had to learn it and play/record it biggrin.gif Pretty amazing, right?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 20 2014, 12:20 PM
Instructor
Very cool concept smile.gif Good modern stuff smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Amitai Kedmi
Feb 20 2014, 12:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes! Awesome!

I also read in wikipedia that this album is sold in a way that you pay what you want or can.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 20 2014, 02:22 PM
Instructor
Thanks for sharing mate! I will listen to it later.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 21 2014, 08:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Amitai Kedmi @ Feb 20 2014, 11:45 AM) *
Yes! Awesome!

I also read in wikipedia that this album is sold in a way that you pay what you want or can.

This, I had no clue about smile.gif It is a very popular method amongst artists on the internet nowadays, but at their level, who knows what the gimmick is? smile.gif They are not an underground band anymore, so I guess there's a marketing stunt somewhere in there.

How do you guys perceive such a move?

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Feb 21 2014, 08:50 AM
Learning Rock Star
So many people pirate music nowadays, so if I was in Periphery's shoes I would rather them download it from free from Bandcamp than have them torrent it or something. Plus, they get an email address like that smile.gif

The sad truth is, in many cases, online music retailers make it really hard for consumers to buy music (ie. Sign up, subscriptions etc.) that they want people to just get it legitimately.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 21 2014, 10:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Feb 21 2014, 07:50 AM) *
So many people pirate music nowadays, so if I was in Periphery's shoes I would rather them download it from free from Bandcamp than have them torrent it or something. Plus, they get an email address like that smile.gif

The sad truth is, in many cases, online music retailers make it really hard for consumers to buy music (ie. Sign up, subscriptions etc.) that they want people to just get it legitimately.

Giving your name and email address in exchange for music is the least you can do, in my opinion. Plus, if you like what you purchased, it's obvious that you want to know when more of that will be out or simply stay in touch smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 21 2014, 11:50 AM
Instructor
To be honest I never spent too much time to dig Periphery's music but have to admit...I replay this album a few times smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 22 2014, 12:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 21 2014, 10:50 AM) *
To be honest I never spent too much time to dig Periphery's music but have to admit...I replay this album a few times smile.gif

I like the first one a lot, the second one .. meh, it has a lot of interesting things sprinkled here and there, but this third one, I haven't really gotten round to it just yet.. I'll have to listen some more smile.gif Which one did you like best?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 22 2014, 04:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
I listened to it a while back, and I actually really like it, even though a lot of people say it's a bit different from what they're usually doing.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 23 2014, 02:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 22 2014, 03:34 PM) *
I listened to it a while back, and I actually really like it, even though a lot of people say it's a bit different from what they're usually doing.

Ah, well it's different because each member has stated their musical personality much more obviously than before smile.gif I wrote the story up in the thread, if you didn't know it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 23 2014, 02:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 23 2014, 02:27 PM) *
Ah, well it's different because each member has stated their musical personality much more obviously than before smile.gif I wrote the story up in the thread, if you didn't know it biggrin.gif

Yeah, I like it! Misha used to write most otherwise, right?

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 23 2014, 04:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 23 2014, 01:29 PM) *
Yeah, I like it! Misha used to write most otherwise, right?

Out of what I know, yes smile.gif

+Quote Post
miguelbatalha
Feb 25 2014, 03:02 AM
GMC:er
I can't stand the fall out boy/pop punk singing though that has become or is becoming a trend in progressive metal (Check out Intervals) tongue.gif It just does not fit to me.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 25 2014, 08:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (miguelbatalha @ Feb 25 2014, 02:02 AM) *
I can't stand the fall out boy/pop punk singing though that has become or is becoming a trend in progressive metal (Check out Intervals) tongue.gif It just does not fit to me.

I like melodic singing in the metal genre - for me at least, it has to be a balanced mix of melodicity, aggressiveness and groove. That's how I like music smile.gif For instance, I think that Parkway Drive sounds great, but I feel that they are lacking melody in the vocals, while the instrumental kicks total behind!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 26 2014, 08:40 PM
GMC:er
I agree smile.gif The All Screaming, All The Time approach just turns in to wallpaper after about two songs IMHO. I still love CARCASS smile.gif The singer never actually sings, but it's mixed in my playlists with folks that do sing, and some gals that sing/scream.

For me it's about the dynamics/balance created between softest and loudests notes/riffs/vocals that create the tension in a great song. But hey, some folks can listen to an entire Marduk record smile.gif To each his own.

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 25 2014, 02:43 AM) *
I like melodic singing in the metal genre - for me at least, it has to be a balanced mix of melodicity, aggressiveness and groove. That's how I like music smile.gif For instance, I think that Parkway Drive sounds great, but I feel that they are lacking melody in the vocals, while the instrumental kicks total behind!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 27 2014, 09:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 26 2014, 07:40 PM) *
To each his own.

Well said! smile.gif I noticed another transition in my tastes - I tend to go toward more soft acoustic stuff lately... Am I growing old or what the hell is happening to me... ? laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:31 AM