Reel Big Fish, Opinions?
Duncan
Jan 28 2008, 03:02 AM
GMC:er
Reel Big Fish

I've liked this band for going on 6 years now, and they were one of the first bands that got me into the 'alternative scene'. I've seen them live more times than I can remember. I hadn't listened to one of their albums though since May 2007 (when I last saw them), which is a damn shame, because after putting on Favourite Noise again today I remembered how good they are.

Sure, many of you might not be in to the ska scene, or see them as a bit stupid. True, they are a very fun band, who shouldn't be taken too seriously. Live though, they are clearly one of the best bands out there. They play well, and still put on a very entertaining show. Through all this as well some of their songs are quite complex, and they are all catchy. Songs like 'Somebody Hates Me' and 'The Set Up' are testament to this.

The live version of S.R I have off Our Live Album Is Better Than Your Live Album it amazing too. They basically play the song through once, then decide it is a bad song, and think what could make it better. They end up playing punk rock/blues/disco/country/grunge/death metal/emo versions of the song, which is very clever, and at the same time very entertaining. If anyone would want to hear this version I would happy emailing it to you.

So what are everyone else's opinions on the band?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Jan 28 2008, 02:37 PM
Instructor
Sounds really cool!! I like them. Thanks for the link!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jan 28 2008, 05:27 PM
The live versions of Suburban Rhythm is awesome! I usually play the live album when taking my girlfriend to north shore. I personally like Less Than Jake better when it comes to ska punk.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Jan 30 2008, 12:43 PM
RBF are great!
They have a nice energy in their music. The "Take On Me"-cover they did is probably one of the best covers I've ever heard. Why the heck wasn't that a skasong from the beginning? Brilliant!
They're visiting Sweden now in Febraury so I'll probably go see 'em!

This post has been edited by PanicProne: Jan 30 2008, 12:44 PM

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Jan 30 2008, 07:19 PM
Absolutely love this band, saw them at Desert Rock 2 years ago, and they blew me away.
I've listened to them also for around 6 years, and they don't get old. Always put me in a good mood biggrin.gif
My ska band is heavily influenced by them, and we cover a lot of there songs.
Everything sucks, beer, and she has a girlfriend to name a few smile.gif

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
erik
Jan 30 2008, 09:26 PM
I will NEVER get the song from fifa 2000 out of my head! tongue.gif cool band, but not really my type of music. I still enjoy listening to it though =)

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Feb 5 2008, 06:35 AM
hahahahaha, the live Suburban Rhythm is amazing! so funny, and very clever.
Great band

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:29 PM