> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Alternate Picking Workout #3, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Timmez
Jan 7 2016, 05:07 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Alternate Picking Workout #3 by Darius Wave

The second take. Hope this one is better then the previous one. Greetsz tIm

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=56380

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 9 2016, 12:27 PM
Instructor
Hey Tim!
Your take is a little better than previous one but still not enough to pass I'm afraid sad.gif There is less improper notes in this one but still not all notes are correct with original lesson and your hands sync needs a lot work. Maybe try to make a little wider motion of left hand fingers for some time, before you manage to put all of those exaclty at the moment they should be on their place. You basic issue is that some of your fingers get confused and stay too long on the fret while the other note should be already played. Try to imagine you're hammering each note with left hand only. See how would it behave and get used to proper moments of fingers exchange before you add picking again. That would be my main advice. This lesson is not a top speed but still has a lot of tricky moments for a both hands workout. Keep up your hard work and you'll get it done! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 9 2016, 05:28 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

As Darius said, this lesson shows improvements compared with the previous lesson but you still need to practice the solo at slower tempos to be able to hit each note right and to focus on making your movements small to slowly increase speed but keep cleanness and synchronization between both hands.

Try starting with a slower backing, maybe around 20 bpm slower, or maybe more. Isolate the different sections and work on 1 at a time. That's what I would do to master this lesson and to polish alternate picking technique.

Keep working!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 18 2016, 12:50 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim, it's good to see you expanding your horizons and working on improving your technique.

Your picking hand looks quite comfortable and I think it is definitely capable at these speeds. Your fretting hand is struggling to keep up mainly for two reasons:

1. The stamina / speed isn't quite there yet

2. Your fingers are not confident in what they're doing because you're not 100% sure of the patterns. Before you go for the top speed you need to know that you've memorised all the patterns completely because hesitation makes your fingers slow down and take the wrong turns - all those things build up and affect your pace and hand synchronisation. I often find that this contributes to wrong notes more than a lack of stamina. So make this your priority first. Know the lesson 100% and you'll find it easier to concentrate then on making it sound cleaner.. and then you can work on increasing tempo.

Keep it up!

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 19 2016, 09:24 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 5

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:16 PM