Suit Or Doesn't...
Rated Htr
Apr 7 2009, 03:31 AM
Experienced Rock Star
I'm in love with this guitar

For those who don't know this is a Schecter 2008 Hollywood Classic See-Thru Red. I'm planning on getting it, but not sure if it suits my needs for power metal, things like galneryus, sonata arctica and such...I already have a fender american stratocaster, so no need for super clean power...

What do you guys think?

For more information: http://www.proguitarshop.com/product.php?P...;CategoryID=398

Thanks in Advance
Filipe

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 7 2009, 07:03 AM
Instructor
Nice Schecter!

I guess it would work fine for power metal
and everything else that includes high gain
but that also depends of the rest of your gear,
amp, pedals etc.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 7 2009, 09:09 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
It's impossible to play that one... it got no dots !!! laugh.gif I could never manage.

+Quote Post
29a
Apr 7 2009, 09:29 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 7 2009, 10:09 AM) *
It's impossible to play that one... it got no dots !!! laugh.gif I could never manage.
There are dots on top of the neck, that's no problem.

Anyway, I considered that guitar too. But I've already got far to many guitars dry.gif I couldn't find any sound samples online but you can make some assumptions about the sound. The wood they've used is mostly very hard. Because it's a neck through the maple/wenge/walnut neck heavily affects the tone. Those hard woods will probably give you a a pretty bright tone with a fast attack. The ebony fretboard will add to that too. Also the guitar doesn't seem to be designed as a metal axe (but neither is a strat or les paul!).

So I'd guess it's not an optimal metal axe (look at the hellraiser or blackjack instead if you want a Schecter that was designed for metal). However it looks very cool, probably plays very nice (most Schecters do) and I'm sure you could get a good metal tone out of it.

Jonas

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy." - Phil Zimmermann

+Quote Post
2mazzo
Apr 7 2009, 09:45 AM
Go for it! Schecter guitars are just awesome.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP M-I/FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez AEF37E Acoustic
Kimbara Classical

Amp: Kustom Quad 100DFX 100watt 2x12" Combo

Gear: Line6 Pod XT Live with all model packs

Midi controller: M-Audio Ozone

Software: RiffWorks, Cubase SX, Cubase Sequel and Guitar Pro 5.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 7 2009, 11:07 AM
Instructor
Great looking guitar, and very good specs. I think it will do fine for metal, just need to have a nice hi gain amp and you will be set.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Apr 7 2009, 12:10 PM
Experienced Rock Star
I have a fender cyber deluxe, a fender fm 212-R and a Fender G-DEC 30...Do these do the job well for it?

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 7 2009, 12:23 PM
Instructor
I'm not sure man, I don't use any of those amps, but if you can find a sound with these amps that is great for metal then I think you're good. Possibly you can try and compare different amps, like ENGL, Peavey, Randall tube heads and see how the guitar is behaving on those if you wanna make a reference.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
29a
Apr 7 2009, 03:02 PM
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Apr 7 2009, 01:10 PM) *
I have a fender cyber deluxe, a fender fm 212-R and a Fender G-DEC 30...Do these do the job well for it?
Probably not. It's a generalization and generalizations are evil but I think fenders don't work well for metal. You can get some usable results with pedals. But I think that good amp distortion sounds way better.

For HiGain Settings the Amp is in my opinion more important for the tone than the guitar. After the Amp, the pickups. Then the rest of the guitar.

For Power Metal I'd also add Marshalls and Mesas to Ivans suggestions. Although ENGL is very popular within this genre. Hammerfall, Rage, Stormwarrior, Stratovarius, Gammaray all use ENGL's. Heck even Andre Olbrich from Blind Guardian seems to use them (Marcus uses Boogies).

- Jonas

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy." - Phil Zimmermann

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Apr 7 2009, 03:26 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Sharp looking wood! Very nice!!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:00 AM