> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Rhida's Music Journey, for Gab's Army
Rhida
Oct 22 2014, 07:12 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That sounds right to me! laugh.gif
Love it!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 22 2014, 07:50 PM
Instructor
Done! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Rhida
Oct 26 2014, 02:19 PM
Hi Gabe

First of all, thanks for your comments at REC.

I look forward to some tips for relaxing my pinky. I press too much on this one!
I concentrate a lot on it, playing slowly, it helps but maybe you can give me some tips, tasks or a lesson I can work on.

And for the collab, don't worry mate. You did a great job and I'm more than happy with the practice time I spent on it as I learned a lot from it.

EDIT
Back at REC, I just couldn't resist! wink.gif

This post has been edited by Rhida: Oct 26 2014, 03:14 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 27 2014, 03:54 AM
Instructor
Hi mate. smile.gif

I'm checking your new bending REC take and I can note that your left hand is not relaxed when you play. You are pressing too much with all the fingers, including with your thumb. You should try to focus on it and try to relax the whole hand while you play. Remember to do some massages and stretches (let me know if I didn't share with you Petrucci's video) just to relax your arms and hands a bit between each take. Take a deep breath and do the less effort possible.

Try it and let me know what happens.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Oct 28 2014, 03:54 PM
First of all thanks for the new clip, I know it must have been some extra work for you. So again thank you very much! You're the best! wink.gif

Yes it helps to relax between each repetition.
I tend to play non stop and I accumulate a lot of tension that way. I've been changing my practicing since your last post and it seems to work nicely.

I just uploaded a new video at REC on my pull-offs technique.
It's been six weeks or so since I began to work on this lesson.
For the last week it seems to sound the same so I thougt it was time for REC.

I am also working on the beginner's corner hammer-on lesson but I'm not quite ready for REC with this one.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 29 2014, 05:44 PM
Instructor
Hi Rhida! I'm glad to know that you liked the new version of the collab! smile.gif Your solo was really nice, there were many parts that could fit on this one. So congrats again on your great job.

Thanks for the update. If your hands are starting to get more relaxed while you are practice, you are doing the things right. I'll will check your new REC take in a moment.

Keep on the great job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Nov 5 2014, 08:47 PM
Hi my friend smile.gif!

Still practicing, still enjoying every minute of it.
Thanks for your comments at REC.

And here's my work on week 03 of the improvisation course.

My goals with this one as usual :
-musicality
-phrasing
-not letting my fingers on auto-pilot but playing what I hear in my head (love this kind of ear training by the way!).

And a little update on the pull-offs lesson by Bear I 'm working on.

This post has been edited by Rhida: Nov 6 2014, 07:01 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 7 2014, 12:42 AM
Instructor
Hi Rhida!

You are doing a very good job as always. The pull offs lesson is getting better! I can hear the your timing is a bit tighter compared with the previous take. There is still room to improve timing, but you are getting close. Just keep on practicing it over the original lesson and record a new REC take in a few days.

Regarding the improvisation, I have to say that your goals are exactly what I would suggest, and it's very good to have them in mind before each practice session. The first thing that comes to mind while I hear your take is that your playing is starting to sound very good regarding pitch. I just hear some pitch problems from 01:29 to 01:49, and that bend at 02:08. There other parts sound very on pitch.

Your phrases are very musical and have a good sense and evolution. I can notice that you are using the call and response concept. Well done!

Some things to improve:

- More rhythm variations. Try to experiment more with less predictable rhythms for your phrases. As soon as you reach the first half, I start to feel a bit bored and I suspect that the reason is the lack of rhythm.

- Dynamics: Use more dynamic variations, more aggressive parts and softer ones.

- Use more more vibrato.

- Use more bending technique. Experiment with longer bends, more aggressive, double strings, half step bends, whole step bends and all the different possibilities.

That's all by now, keep on the hard work! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Nov 24 2014, 08:53 PM
Hey Gab
I followed some of your instructions for the next collab thing where I uploaded my take too.

You will as usual give me some great advice for improving it though.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 25 2014, 05:04 AM
Instructor
Hi Rhida!! Great job with this one!! I love the first idea played with a very bluesy lick that sounds like an industrial version of Slash. It's killer!! I only think that you should polish the last two faster licks. It's a good idea to add two licks like those ones there, but you are not playing them well and I'm not sure about the notes that you are using. What scale is it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Nov 25 2014, 05:59 AM
So glad you liked the first part! biggrin.gif
Slash is definitely on my top list!

I used strictly G minor pentatonic, diagonal position for the first lick (going from Bflat on the fifth string to D on fthe first string) and octave position for the last one.
Maybe some notes are not clear I will check them out at slow speed.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 25 2014, 06:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rhida @ Nov 25 2014, 01:59 AM) *
So glad you liked the first part! biggrin.gif
Slash is definitely on my top list!

I used strictly G minor pentatonic, diagonal position for the first lick (going from Bflat on the fifth string to D on fthe first string) and octave position for the last one.
Maybe some notes are not clear I will check them out at slow speed.

yeah, the problem is that the notes are not sounding clear. These two licks are great exercises to write down and incorporate into your diary practice. Do you have them on guitar pro to let me check exactly what you want to play?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Nov 29 2014, 07:46 PM
Hi friend and thanks again for your help.
You don't know how much it means to me. wink.gif
I have guitar pro but I never figured out how to use it.
So instead I made 2 videos, one for each lick playing them slower than the previous recording so you can check where the problems occur.
I improved them a little though.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 29 2014, 08:09 PM
Instructor
Hi Rhida! I just commented and graded your two takes for REC. You are working really hard! I'm very proud of you. smile.gif

Thanks for this two videos, now I can notice where is the problem on each one.

Lick 1: The problem is mostly the unwanted noises that appear when you cross strings. You need to work on your muting techniques in order to make the notes sound clear without noises from other strings. I mostly use the palm of my right hand and my left hand index finger for muting the closer strings. Please let me know if you need more details about this.

Lick 2: The problem here is hands sync. Your hands are not going tight and perfectly synchronized and this make that the lick sound weak and not clear. You need to slow down this lick and be sure that you are picking and pressing at the same time. This type of licks are not easy, so be patient and incorporate these licks to your diary practice: LINK.

These are two things to improve on your playing: Hands Sync and Muting. So maybe both licks can have a it of each issues.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Dec 4 2014, 09:56 PM
Thanks for your help, your kind words and your useful advices!

So here's my take. I also uploaded it on the collab thread.
I changed the last bit to make it easier for me. I actually stole that lick from the exercises you gave me! And I think it ends nicely my solo.
Hopefully, I have all my afternoon free tomorrow to work on it, improve it and record a video.

This post has been edited by Rhida: Dec 4 2014, 09:58 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 5 2014, 03:12 PM
Instructor
Hi Rhida, thanks for this new take! I think that your solo is really cool. The last licks still need to be polished, but this won't happen in just 1 week. These ones are tricky licks and I think that you should keep them in your diary practice for the next weeks, creating variations, and working on those exercises that I suggested. You really need to polish this kind of stuff.

About the collab, don't worry about it, do it the best you can and share the audio and video today to let me start working on it. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Dec 5 2014, 06:24 PM
I just uploaded my files at the collab's thread.
I managed to make the last licks sound better I think.
It's far from perfect, I know it's a long time process! wink.gif

Thanks for your support!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 5 2014, 07:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rhida @ Dec 5 2014, 02:24 PM) *
I just uploaded my files at the collab's thread.
I managed to make the last licks sound better I think.
It's far from perfect, I know it's a long time process! wink.gif

Thanks for your support!

Excellent!! Thanks a lot for joining and congrats on your hard work! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 10 2014, 07:45 PM
Instructor
Pentatonics 3 Weeks Workout

Week#1 - Major Pentatonic

Day 1:

- Learn Pentatonic Major Pattern 1. (10 minutes)
- Apply some patterns and sequences from this thread: LINK.. (10 minutes)
- Play the sequences, scale up and down and random notes over the backing of this lesson: LINK (10 minutes).
- Choose a lesson based on Major Pentatonic licks (link this one: HERE), learn the first lick. Practice it over the backing track, create variations and combine it with some improvisations.

On days 2, 3, 4 and 5, do the same but with the other Pentatonic major patterns.

Day 6 & 7:

- Work on this lesson: LINK (30 minutes)
- Play the parts over the backing track and combine the patterns with some other licks and phrases by your own. (30 minutes)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week#2 - Minor Pentatonic

- Learn Pentatonic Minor Pattern 1. (10 minutes)
- Apply some patterns and sequences from this thread: LINK (10 minutes)
- Play the sequences, scale up and down and random notes over the backing of this lesson: LINK (10 minutes).
- Choose a lesson based on Minor Pentatonic licks (like this one: HERE), learn the first lick. Practice it over the backing track, create variations and combine it with some improvisations.

On days 2, 3, 4 and 5, do the same but with the other Pentatonic minor patterns.

Day 6 & 7:

- Work on this lesson: LINK (30 minutes)
- Play the parts over the backing track and combine the patterns with some other licks and phrases by your own. (30 minutes)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week#3 - Expanding your pentatonic licks library

Day 1:

- Learn parts 1, 2 and 3 of this lesson: LINK
- Practice the licks over the backing and combine it with variations and other licks of your own.

Day 2:

- Learn parts 4, 5 and 6 of this lesson: LINK
- Practice the licks over the backing and combine it with variations and other licks of your own.

Day 3:

- Learn parts 7 and 8 of this lesson: LINK

Day 5:

- Learn parts 1 and 2 of this lesson: LINK

Day 6:

- Learn parts 3 and 4 of this lesson: LINK

Day 7:

- I'll be very close so take some time to master everything, and record some audios and videos to share with me! smile.gif

All lessons can be changed by one that you think is more appropriated for your level and taste. The most important thing is the structure of the routine.

I hope you had a great time!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Rhida
Dec 10 2014, 07:51 PM
Gab you are THE BEST!!!

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:55 AM