Pick-up Selector Lesson
Jeff
Jan 9 2008, 04:20 PM
GMC:er
Hey Marcus! smile.gif

In reading your "Three-Step" lesson, I noticed a question about your pick-up selector and switching back and forth between pick-ups. Do you think you might give a future lesson/exercises on when you do that. It's such a great technique and one that I never though about before. I would love to see something like that! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jan 14 2008, 03:12 PM
Instructor
Thanks Jeff!

Absolutely, I've been thinking about this for a while. But it's a so simple "technique" that I have a hard time coming up with a whole lesson/exercises about it.
But I'll give it some more thought now that you mentioned it. Thanks for reminding me! smile.gif

-Marcus

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Jan 14 2008, 03:46 PM
You could do a talking video lesson where you explain when it´s more suitable to use the different pickup selections. Talk about why it should be done. Maby some basic theory about sound --> how the pickups work (which has more bass and so on). Maby relate to some famous guitarplayers... Relate styles of music to different pickup selections and maby even brand of guitars. And then finally after this and other things you come up with you show how it´s done practicly.

( This wouldn´t be just a switch lesson so it could be called... I don´t know..
Pickup lesson...?? Should attract a wider audience then just guitarplayers.. wink.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Marcus Lavendell, one of the fastest confident players in the game shows you how to hit correctly and then switch your pickup whenever you feel like it with no remorse and guaranted satisfaction. World famous for his incredible fingerwork, fast endurable legato and even vibrato!!! Be that guy everyone is talking about on town. "That guy knows what he´s doing.. If you know what I mean." aahhhwww yeaah..")

Sorry, things went out of hand, first part is a serious suggestion though biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jan 14 2008, 03:57 PM
Instructor
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Thanks for the tips! biggrin.gif
I'll think about it some more and see what I can do smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
visi0n
Jan 14 2008, 04:07 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
i think thats very hard to explain, i switch it 100 times when i play too... you just need to feel when you want that screwie high treble sound at youre bridge pickup, i switch to my bridge pickup when i want that feedback sounding while in a bending for example...and switch back while playing fast notes to have the sound sounds like a bit warmer and thicker... i dont know how to explain, mayb you know what i mean Marcus .. ? and maybe you can explain it better then me .. geheheh..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jan 14 2008, 04:15 PM
Instructor
I know exactly what you mean Ekrem (and I think you explained it very good)!
So it is hard to make a lesson out of it. But maybe the way Mackietao described could work... smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Jeff
Jan 14 2008, 04:21 PM
No problems for me Marcus. I get it! smile.gif Yes, I can tell from your lessons what you are trying to do with the different selections. It also depends on the guitar. The Strat has the selector located where it is easy to get to vs. the other guitars where the pick-up selector is above the strings - Les Paul for example.

+Quote Post
visi0n
Jan 14 2008, 05:20 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
i love the pick-up selector of Les Pauls, it always looks like you make a nice move to select another pickup biggrin.gif like steve vai always does with his crazy moves .. biggrin.gif lol

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:16 PM