Paiva
Aug 31 2009, 08:17 PM
GMC:er
Hey Pedja!

Here is my "CV"

Any more stuff just ask

Attached File  CV.txt ( 1.21K ) Number of downloads: 393

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Antonio Pinto de Carvalho Classical Guitar
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:
Epiphone Studio 10s combo
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe!!!!!!!!!!

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

2nd song :) Please go check it and post something ;) (again link below)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 31 2009, 08:27 PM
Instructor
Very nice Tiago smile.gif

Could you tell me specific things regarding techniques you use and don't use?
Go more into theory if you can, let me know of things that you know well so we can pick it up from there.
Can you transcribe music? With and/or without instrument?

Let me know smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Paiva
Aug 31 2009, 10:35 PM
GMC:er
Hey again Pedja about techniques I use most techniques like sweeping legato alternate tapping string skipping. But when I'm playing jazz I just use alternate picking and some sweeping (and some string skipping to play wide intervals) I would like to know a way to use more legato when improvsing jazz but I find this a bit hard (?).

Theory - I know my way around all the 7 modes of the major scale (as well as melodic minor and lydian dominant) and pentatonics but I would like to use them in a different way. I would like to think in the chords and notes I'm playing rather than scale shapes and licks (like I'm doing now but I'm changing). I think the way to achieve this is to know all the notes around the fretboard (?). I know music notation but not enough to sigh read a a piece (maybe some easier ones) but again when I sight read something I usually play everything in 3 fret region (open strings to 3rd fret) I'm also trying to change this but again I think this would be alot easier if I know all the notes around the fretboard. I also have a problem with timming while reading but I still haven't got time to practice it well.

My ear could be better but I'm working on transcribing (!) some charlie parker and coltrane solos using amazing slow downer using note by note technique. I can only transcribe when I have the guitar on my lap.

Anything more to say?

OH btw I just got a real book so there is a really good away to practice my sight reading!

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Antonio Pinto de Carvalho Classical Guitar
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:
Epiphone Studio 10s combo
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe!!!!!!!!!!

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

2nd song :) Please go check it and post something ;) (again link below)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 31 2009, 11:53 PM
Instructor
Great info Tiago. This is more than enough to help me out. Keep working with transcribing and we will work with every area you mentioned no worries smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:42 AM