Farewell..., Sad news... :-/
David Wallimann
Oct 29 2009, 04:30 PM
Instructor
Dear friends,

This is quite a difficult post for me to write, but I have decided to leave GMC.
My schedule is getting quite busy, and a growing stack of unfinished projects made me take that difficult decision.
I have learned a lot and enjoyed working at GMC for the last 2 years and a half. I will always remember my time here and will miss being part of such a talented staff.

I'd like to thank Kris for giving me a chance by hiring me as an instructor.
Thank you to my fellow instructors, you have been such an amazing influence in my playing!

And most of all, thank you who are reading this. I have made real friendships here and know that my departure does not mean that I am closing the door on the relationships I have established here. Don't hesitate to keep in touch via email and thanks for everything that you are to me!

Much love,

David

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
JVM
Oct 29 2009, 04:35 PM
Learning Roadie
David, good luck with whatever you decide to do. A stack of projects is always a good thing to have, just don't let it get you down smile.gif I usually don't respond to these kinds of posts, people come and go, but you've made a really big impact here and I've learned a lot from your lessons smile.gif Thanks. And don't be a stranger, stop by the forum now and again.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 29 2009, 04:35 PM
GMC:er
This is sad news David, although we must all make choices at some time in our life! Your lessons have been inspirational to me and really helped my grasp onto Modal applications.
I wish you well in all your future projects and hope that you will be back at GMC one day!
I know I won't be the only one who will want to express their thanks for all your amazing lessons here!
Thank you!!!
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 29 2009, 04:40 PM
Instructor
I wish you all the best with everything that you do my brother,
it has been an honor and pleasure to work here with you side by side,
will stay in touch for sure, God Bless. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 29 2009, 04:41 PM
GMC Founder
This has sadened me since the day I got the news from you. It will feel very empty here without you, and to say that you have been a good guy to work with would be quite an understatement.

I wish you best of luck with your projects and musical career, and I hope that one day we will be able to do that song collab we have spoken about...

/Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darknodar123
Oct 29 2009, 04:41 PM
One of the reasons I joined GMC was that I was influenced by many instructors with great talent and techniques
and one of them was you,David.

I would really have liked to have you here in GMC but I guess it cant be.

As the other guys said come in the forum sometimes when you have the time.

Good luck with whatever you plan in the future smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Oct 29 2009, 04:45 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Good luck bro! I've enjoyed any interaction I've been involved in with you. God's speed!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 29 2009, 04:55 PM
Instructor
This came as quite a shock to me. I felt sad when I read this David. Hope your projects and other things you got going will turn out great man. All the best to you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
arctic1234
Oct 29 2009, 04:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
Sad news! sad.gif

I'm really sorry that you are leaving!...
But I would still like to wish you good luck with all of your future plans,
and hopes everything works great for you... Which I'm sure it does rolleyes.gif

I have really enjoyed the last few months with you as my mentor in the MTP.
And I of course hope you could stop by GMC to just say hello sometime.

Cheers ... and good luck! smile.gif

--------------------

"Fake it ´til you make it"

+Quote Post
SensE
Oct 29 2009, 04:59 PM
David, you are a great instructor and a nice guy in person. I wish you luck in your music career!

+Quote Post
Artemus
Oct 29 2009, 05:07 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Man, this place is gonna miss you lots. You're an inspiration to many, including myself and you're not just a talented musician but a talented teacher. I'm sure I don't just speak for myself when I say that your lessons, collaborations and interaction in the forum have been of the utmost help to me to improve as a guitarist and overall musician.
I'll just have to make sure I pester you on facebook and the likes wink.gif

And I haven't forgotten... I still intend to send you some better coffee!! laugh.gif

All the very best David

-Art

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
steve25
Oct 29 2009, 05:07 PM
Best of luck David, sorry to see you go

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Oct 29 2009, 05:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
Goodbye and Good Luck!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 29 2009, 05:20 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Sad news indeed. Wish you all the luck for the future David. Drop in and say hello whenever you can smile.gif .

Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Oct 29 2009, 05:22 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Oh my sad.gif This place surely won't be the same without You David, all the best wishes for You!

--------------------

+Quote Post
vampire18
Oct 29 2009, 05:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
sad news man, many instructos went offline and just stopped looking at gmc and stuff but i dont remember anyone that was this into gmc leaving, your surley gonna be missed.
i hope youll still post and check up on us sometimes, and if you ever need some programming tips and im guessing thats part of the reason your leaving dont hesitate to ask(were facebook buddies if you dont remember lol).
im sure we will catch you online from time to time, after all
you can get the instructor out of gmc but i doubt you can get gmc out of the intructor;)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Oct 29 2009, 05:25 PM
Instructor
That are indeed bad and sad news. I wish you good luck and succes with your carrer and projects.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Oct 29 2009, 05:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
This is really sad news .

I am very sorry to read this

Your are a great teacher a good musician and a very friendly guy.

You are also very productive and I enjoyed your lessons very much, especially your full song lesson

I wish you all the best with your projects and I hope to see you around again

Cheers

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Tolek
Oct 29 2009, 05:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
sad.gif
David, I remember when you started working at GMC (Metalhead lesson was killer biggrin.gif) and you´ve always been a very big and kind help for everyone. I loved your collaborations and comments. They motivated me so much and pushed me to get a better guitarist. I won´t write more because I´m gonna cry. laugh.gif
Thank you for the work you´ve done here at GMC and for the nice time we passed with you! I wish you all the best for your future!
Goodbye David. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Tolek: Oct 29 2009, 05:34 PM

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 29 2009, 05:40 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Really sad news...Wasn't expecting this at all, thanks for everything David, I really hope that in the future you will be able to come back, you will be sadly missed, good luck with your life and projects man smile.gif

Filipe

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:34 PM