> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

Robin's Guitarevolution
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 20 2012, 09:33 AM
Instructor
Hey Robin biggrin.gif This spot is only for you smile.gif in here we can discuss about anything guitar and music related which will help you evolve into a better player.

Please, tell me a little bit about your skills so far and your desired musical direction. if you have some recordings, regardless of the quality, it would help a lot to see where you're currently at smile.gif

let's rock mate

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RobinDutchZHero
Apr 23 2012, 08:51 AM
GMC:er
Hey Cosmin!

Oh that's cool, my own place. Now it gets REAL hehe...
Allright, let me tell you a bit me and my guitar. I have had lessons with a teacher for I think 3 years. But, that's like 10 years ago. I didn't really practise every day back then. So I never really got very good at it. I guess I wasn't that interested.

But, two months ago I bought a new guitar and with that my motivation grew to start all over and do it better!!! To become a reasonable player! I must say; the movieclips of you teachers out here motivates so much.

I play guitar now almost every day (5 days a week) for I guess half an hour to an hour. I do some of the lessons of Todd, to train my fingers. This are lessons like this:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...0%9D_-_Lesson_5
And then lessons like you Voice of Your Guitar.
And besides I play along with some favourite bands. That would be: Green Day, The Killers, Blink 182, Simple Plan. But, I'm also into just poppy Top40 songs, Jason Mraz, James Morrisson, Gavin DeGraw...

Then, some recordings for you. This is one of me playing one of your lessons; but only the beginning. I wanted to get that part good first, before continueing to the next part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miMy5VPNNCQ...eature=youtu.be

Then, there's me playing Blackbird by the Beatles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVKxfPnSYIQ...mCQPA9Eci2AuPA=

That's the recordings that I have for so far.
I think of myself as still in the beginners phase. Though I have not much problems with rhythms, now most of the chords and can grab them fast. I can read notes and also try to play by ear sometimes. I would like to play more 'lead guitar', meaning playing solo's and also be faster, also with my right hand. I think I cannot really keep up with fast alternate picking. I srew up when it gets real fast. I don't see myself being really fast and cannot believe I'm ever getting fast tongue.gif

I'm really motivated right now. And I try to come here almost every day (not in the weekends though).

Okay mate, looking forward to your reply!

Robin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 23 2012, 12:14 PM
Instructor
hey Robin!

the vid where you are playing chords is good man - you got timing and flow (there are a few dead notes but with practice, they can be solved wink.gif)

Regarding the 'Voice of your guitar' you have omitted a little bend and some of the bends are not quite reaching the desired tones - nothing we can't solve together wink.gif

Now, lead playing is based on a few aspects which we shall have to dive in:

Mechanics - various techniques such as alternate picking, legato, tapping, hybrid picking, sweep picking and articulation elements - harmonics, slides, bending and vibrato. Aside from articulation which in my opinion is compulsory tongue.gif what techniques do you like?

Theory - harmony and the relationship between harmony and melody

Rhythm - a good rhythm player has more chances to become a good lead player smile.gif so, I strongly recommend to tackle some rhythm based ideas as well.

What would you like to start with?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
RobinDutchZHero
Apr 23 2012, 01:50 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 23 2012, 11:14 AM) *
hey Robin!

the vid where you are playing chords is good man - you got timing and flow (there are a few dead notes but with practice, they can be solved wink.gif)

Regarding the 'Voice of your guitar' you have omitted a little bend and some of the bends are not quite reaching the desired tones - nothing we can't solve together wink.gif

Now, lead playing is based on a few aspects which we shall have to dive in:

Mechanics - various techniques such as alternate picking, legato, tapping, hybrid picking, sweep picking and articulation elements - harmonics, slides, bending and vibrato. Aside from articulation which in my opinion is compulsory tongue.gif what techniques do you like?

Theory - harmony and the relationship between harmony and melody

Rhythm - a good rhythm player has more chances to become a good lead player smile.gif so, I strongly recommend to tackle some rhythm based ideas as well.

What would you like to start with?

Cosmin

He Cosmin,

Thanks so far. Yeah, I do hear those 'false notes' or not correct bendings. I guess that's the first step of getting at it laugh.gif

I'd like to start with the mechanics. That sounds good! Are you thinking of mixing them up all together? Or focus on one of those each period, or?

Speak soon cool.gif
Robin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 24 2012, 07:34 AM
Instructor
Hey Robin,

it is a very good step smile.gif once you know what's wrong, you can start working on correcting it wink.gif

I would suggest we start with articulation, legato and alternate picking, if you can squeeze an hour a day, we can work on them as follows:

Day 1 - alternate picking and articulation
Day 2 - legato and articulation

and so on and we can also include rhythm in this whole story, by replacing the articulation part with rhythm 2 times a week smile.gif I will choose lessons which fit the idea and we'll work together on them wink.gif

what do you think?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
RobinDutchZHero
Apr 24 2012, 08:21 AM
I think it's great and I can and will def. have a free hour for practising!

Let me know and I will start rocking! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 25 2012, 10:23 AM
Instructor
Ahoy Robin!

Let's start with these:

AP - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

Legato - https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

Bending - I was thinking we could start off by showing you this video - please observe the way the fingers are placed and the wrist motion smile.gif try to emulate it as well as possible and, make a vid, why not? biggrin.gif The positions won't matter - we are focusing on the mechanism and hitting the right tone. Try it with a whole step and with a half step smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
RobinDutchZHero
Apr 26 2012, 03:02 PM
Allright, cool! Here I go, practicing! I'll let you know how I do and record myself this week.

Thanks so far

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 27 2012, 06:53 AM
Instructor
All the best and wind in your sails man! Keep me updated!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
RobinDutchZHero
Apr 27 2012, 01:49 PM
Ola Cosmin,

Well I've been busy with my guitar all day now, and I've got some results for you. This is from today. I did like 10 tries before camera, but I kind of mess up when there's a camera pointing at me! Damn things tongue.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guNKIqJEIHY...eature=youtu.be

I can say that I have the most problems with the faster notes, the triplets. But... it's only day 1 isn't it biggrin.gif

Speak later biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 27 2012, 07:29 PM
Instructor
Heya Robin! For day one - it's EXCELLENT! Focus a bit more on the triplets mate smile.gif those were the ones with the most 'dirt' tongue.gif but you are very clean in general in your playing! My sincere congratulations smile.gif

What are you preparing next my friend?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
RobinDutchZHero
May 16 2012, 04:29 PM
Ola Cosmin,

So I had a little break and took a holiday last two weeks. It was great, but I missed my guitar. I guess thats a good sign! I'm practising the triple notes now more and have been trying your bending video. I'm gonna let you know how it goes....

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 16 2012, 05:53 PM
Instructor
Hey there Robin! smile.gif Great man biggrin.gif Welcome back wink.gif

I am here, so give me a shout when you are ready!

Cosmin

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:22 PM