Received The Flu
Qenzoz
Jan 4 2013, 08:45 AM
GMC:er
Hey! smile.gif So I am the lucky winner of the flu, not just any flu, one bad-ass! Started Dec. 26, yesterday I went to the doctor and I had to get penicillin and something else for yeast infection. Now the yeast infection ain't that bad, it's more taking the penicillin since I can't swallow pills I got the lucky opportunity for it in liquid form, bam tongue.gif, BTW - doesn't taste well..

Mainly my only problem left is my coughing, it is keeping me awake, so I haven't really slept in a few days, I only get about 1-2 hours sleep at a time and that's maybe 2 times a day. So I was wondering if anyone else have gotten lucky enough to receive the less and more nice flu or maybe some have gotten in the same situation as me and trying to fight off the flu of death? tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Gitarrero
Jan 4 2013, 09:14 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Same here, it hit me 2 days later on the 28th. Not a minute to soon, considering the two concerts I've been to.
I spent New Year's Eve at home with my mom, no alcohol or party laugh.gif
Feling much better since yesterday thanks to the penicillin, even though I had taking meds (it's not the swallowing part but just a general dislike of stuff that messes with my body).
Get well soon Tobias!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 4 2013, 11:06 AM
Instructor
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallz ! Sorry to hear that, guys. Rest up and just think of donuts ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jan 4 2013, 11:23 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Both you guys need to be careful as flu can lead to other chest infections. Quenzoz - if the coughing persists have the doctor check you out again.

In the UK I'm on the at risk register as I have a COPD so I'm offerred the flu vaccines every year. I can't take penicillin though as I'm allergic to it.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jan 4 2013, 11:46 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Get well soon , yes and take things for a while a bit easier .

Flu can be a harmful thing but on the other way it cleans your body out too .

Best Wishes for you !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 4 2013, 01:35 PM
Instructor
I'm sorry of knowing this mate! I hope that you feel better soon! I had flu lots of times but it seems that never as hard as this one that you have.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 4 2013, 01:37 PM
Hope you guys feel better soon... The FLU can be nasty for sure and take you out of commission for a long time before you really start feeling back to normal again.

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Jan 6 2013, 10:19 AM
This is one serious cocktail! fungus / yeast infection combined with whatever is going on in my chest that needs the penicillin, that is just wicked! Since when I have to take my penicillin I need to drink soda (which MEANT I had to break my 6 month break of no-soda..) but since my fungus thingy LOVES sugar, it just gets worse, such a bad mix-up! Of course I got some medication for it (sort of) so it'll hopefully work out.

Anyways feeling a bit better so far, got a bit of sleep, and I think my fever is about more or less gone! Still my coughing can knock me out, but now I can at least walk around the house and laugh a bit at whatever is going on in the TV tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jan 4 2013, 09:14 AM) *
Same here, it hit me 2 days later on the 28th. Not a minute to soon, considering the two concerts I've been to.
I spent New Year's Eve at home with my mom, no alcohol or party laugh.gif
Feling much better since yesterday thanks to the penicillin, even though I had taking meds (it's not the swallowing part but just a general dislike of stuff that messes with my body).
Get well soon Tobias!

Yeah, I spent my new year day coughing into the new year, my way of making some firework! tongue.gif , did you have any particular coughing?

And thanks!

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 4 2013, 11:06 AM) *
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallz ! Sorry to hear that, guys. Rest up and just think of donuts ! smile.gif

Donut is bleeh, and bacon is bleeh, yes.. I am really sick! sad.gif , already lost like 5 kilo, which is annoying because I was actually on my road to gaining weight dry.gif - well bacon is not bleeh but haven't had it which makes me sad and not sure if I could eat it, but donut is definitely not good for me right now, the fungus infection will just grow like well a donut due to that tongue.gif

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jan 4 2013, 11:23 AM) *
Both you guys need to be careful as flu can lead to other chest infections. Quenzoz - if the coughing persists have the doctor check you out again.

In the UK I'm on the at risk register as I have a COPD so I'm offerred the flu vaccines every year. I can't take penicillin though as I'm allergic to it.

Yes well, it seems to be getting better, I think my fever is more or less gone, and the extreme coughing comes here and there, just hit me again, but yesterday a bit more relaxed. And when I was at the doctor he listened to my lungs whist I was breathing and he also toke like a finger blood sample to check the infection level (i guess tongue.gif)

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Jan 4 2013, 11:46 AM) *
Get well soon , yes and take things for a while a bit easier .

Flu can be a harmful thing but on the other way it cleans your body out too .

Best Wishes for you !

Dieter

Hah, I think after this one my body is cleansed for the next 20 decades tongue.gif

Thanks!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 4 2013, 01:35 PM) *
I'm sorry of knowing this mate! I hope that you feel better soon! I had flu lots of times but it seems that never as hard as this one that you have.

Thanks!
Me neither, but this one suddenly got to me! At first it just felt like a normal bad flu, suddenly the coughing started, and suddenly when you cough for 80% of a day you start to know something is wrong, well at first I thought it was nothing then it got a bit better, then it just came back at me with extra force laugh.gif

QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 4 2013, 01:37 PM) *
Hope you guys feel better soon... The FLU can be nasty for sure and take you out of commission for a long time before you really start feeling back to normal again.

Thanks! I will I have 5 good seasons of Supernatural waiting for me when I'll stop coughing or it'll be minimized tongue.gif, pretty hard to follow a series when you start coughing for 10 minutes laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Qenzoz: Jan 6 2013, 10:20 AM

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 7 2013, 09:34 AM
Instructor
Hey buddy, how are you feeling?

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Jan 7 2013, 10:08 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 7 2013, 09:34 AM) *
Hey buddy, how are you feeling?

Better, thanks smile.gif , my coughing still comes here and there and can sure knock me out, but my fever seems to be gone! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Qenzoz: Jan 7 2013, 10:08 AM

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 7 2013, 03:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Jan 7 2013, 06:08 AM) *
Better, thanks smile.gif , my coughing still comes here and there and can sure knock me out, but my fever seems to be gone! smile.gif

Nice to know it! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 7 2013, 06:08 PM
Instructor
My grandma would say, eat a lot of garlic! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Jan 7 2013, 10:56 PM
biggrin.gif , I've actually read that it should be good for the fungus infection tongue.gif
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 7 2013, 06:08 PM) *
My grandma would say, eat a lot of garlic! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 8 2013, 09:08 AM
Instructor
Garlic is good for a lot of stuff - as much as I don't enjoy eating it ... Everyone in my family likes it a lot, my girlfriend included laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Jan 8 2013, 11:00 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 8 2013, 09:08 AM) *
Garlic is good for a lot of stuff - as much as I don't enjoy eating it ... Everyone in my family likes it a lot, my girlfriend included laugh.gif

Haha biggrin.gif never really tried garlic just like that tongue.gif. But in the meanwhile I'll go to bed and try and sleep my illness away smile.gif , sleep is a powerful thing! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jan 8 2013, 12:00 PM
Since i'm not at home and haven't played guitar for Christmas i received throat ache , so i'm killing it with a lot of spirits a, wine and meat... I'm starting to feell better right now, cos i'll be able to play guitar and kille the flu with some speed metal today finally!

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 8 2013, 02:31 PM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jan 8 2013, 11:00 AM) *
Since i'm not at home and haven't played guitar for Christmas i received throat ache , so i'm killing it with a lot of spirits a, wine and meat... I'm starting to feell better right now, cos i'll be able to play guitar and kille the flu with some speed metal today finally!

An angry agressive thrashing speed metal riff a day will keep the doctor away..... mostly due to fear! laugh.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2013, 11:07 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 8 2013, 01:31 PM) *
An angry agressive thrashing speed metal riff a day will keep the doctor away..... mostly due to fear! laugh.gif

laugh.gif indeed, and not only the doctor biggrin.gif Heavy metal freakout for everyone!! Quenzoz - sleep is indeed a powerful medicine and a powerful source of energy. I can literally feel how much more stronger I can be after I get a good night sleep!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jan 9 2013, 11:10 AM
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 8 2013, 02:31 PM) *

You got the point mr. you'll feel more stronger while playing it, so the flu would obey and had to surrender and vanish wink.gif

+ i would add High Pitched Singing in style of Judas Priest to scare the flu before it even knocked on a door!! cool.gif

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Jan 9 2013, 11:14 AM

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Jan 21 2013, 02:00 PM
Heh.. So I thought I was healthy etc, but now my throat hurts laugh.gif just started this weekend, so it goes from lungs to throat then maybe ears next?

Anyways... All I can hope for is that it'll get better fast and that I don't have to start on penicillin again..

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:08 PM