Pod X3 Problem
edguy
Aug 29 2008, 02:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey guys I have a problem with my POD X3. When i use it as a effect pedal and connect it to my amp (from the left output to the guitar in on my amp) i am not satisfied with the sound i get. My amp is a Line 6 Spider 2 Amp but all my presets on the Pod doesnt sound good like they do when i play with headphones directly connected to the POD.

I don't know what i have to choose in the Output settings of the Pod. Should I use Combo Preamp or Combo Front.
When i choose The Pre amp all the distortion sound very harsh and not powerful. And on the Combo front settings the effects doesn't come out anymore. By the way I use the clean channel from the amp.

Maybe someone can help me.

Edguy

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Aug 29 2008, 02:13 PM
GMC:er
well for me my pod seems to just [work]. maybe your amp settings are colouring your pod's sound too much? try changing your amps setting. and about the combo,head etc settings, i have mine on combo front, seems to do fine. hope that helps

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
javari
Aug 29 2008, 02:18 PM
My POD sounds best through headphones or monitor speakers.
Adding the coloration of the amp has always been diasappointing for me (and I tried several amps)
I think there is a very clean Roland solid state amp (JC 120) which is supposed to be good to be used with a POD.

I use mine through monitor speakers and that works pretty well.

--------------------
Guitars: Fender US standard Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Amps: Fender Princeton Recording Amp, H&K Statesman Dual EL84
Effects: Pod XT, Keeley TS808, Keeley DS-1, RAT

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 29 2008, 02:23 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Putting it through the input of the amp, you choose Combo front.
Plugging to the fx return, bypassing the pre amp you select "Preamp" but then I suppose you'd be better off with the pod ampsimulator simulate a preamp, nothing else.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 29 2008, 03:05 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Its designed to work with a good clean amp with lots of headroom, like a keyboard amp or a PA. Putting it through a guitar amp will always be a compromise. If you do that, make sure it is a completely clean channel with neutral EQ and no effects for the best results.

In all of this there s no right or wrong, base it on what sounds good to you!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
kjutte
Aug 29 2008, 08:36 PM
QUOTE (edguy @ Aug 29 2008, 03:03 PM) *
Hey guys I have a problem with my POD X3. When i use it as a effect pedal and connect it to my amp (from the left output to the guitar in on my amp) i am not satisfied with the sound i get. My amp is a Line 6 Spider 2 Amp but all my presets on the Pod doesnt sound good like they do when i play with headphones directly connected to the POD.

I don't know what i have to choose in the Output settings of the Pod. Should I use Combo Preamp or Combo Front.
When i choose The Pre amp all the distortion sound very harsh and not powerful. And on the Combo front settings the effects doesn't come out anymore. By the way I use the clean channel from the amp.

Maybe someone can help me.

Edguy

1:your amp is a transistor amp.
2:it has no fx loop.
3:stick with using the pod with your computer I think.

I sometimes use my old line6 amp, and I like the tone.

Trebble 6, mid 10, bass 6, nice delay and about 75% gain works for me.

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 29 2008, 04:05 PM) *
Its designed to work with a good clean amp with lots of headroom, like a keyboard amp or a PA. Putting it through a guitar amp will always be a compromise. If you do that, make sure it is a completely clean channel with neutral EQ and no effects for the best results.

There you have it tongue.gif from the guru himself.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 30 2008, 01:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 29 2008, 04:05 PM) *

I agree 100% POD is not gonna work nicely with that amp, but experiment with as neutral sound on the amp as you can, and you may wanna rework your presets on the POD as well.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
edguy
Aug 30 2008, 11:38 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for your answers. Now I know that is not my fault that it sounds not that good. I think i experiment a little bit to get a sound that fits for me.

Edguy

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:01 AM