8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
The Eye-opening Gmc Collab, You too can write amazing melodies
fzalfa
Apr 8 2015, 03:41 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi everyone
this is my take... it was lost with with a lots od 'clones'....

[attachment=41556:GMC_eyes...lfa_take.wav]

take care of it Kris !

we (MisterM and me) really don"t know what you'll do with theses..... biggrin.gif

regards

Laurent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Procyon
Apr 8 2015, 06:37 PM
GMC:er
I spent about 500 years trying to create that special tone I was thinking of - unfortunately I was not successful. huh.gif Things don't always go well. However - here are my takes.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  GMCeyeOpenerProcyonFullFinal.wav ( 12.75MB ) Number of downloads: 145
Attached File  GMCeyeOpenerProcyonSoloFinal.wav ( 12.75MB ) Number of downloads: 124

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 8 2015, 08:02 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ok, sorry but time was limited and my creativity on this one was blocked but here are both parts.

[attachment=41560:Eye_Open...lab_FULL.wav]

[attachment=41561:Eye_Open...lab_SOLO.wav]

Thanks again for this gentlemen, I really enjoy these even though I haven't had much time with this one.

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 8 2015, 10:24 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Procyon @ Apr 8 2015, 06:37 PM) *
I spent about 500 years trying to create that special tone I was thinking of - unfortunately I was not successful. huh.gif Things don't always go well. However - here are my takes.

Well this was different beast, I really like your tone and playing here! Beautiful with lots of creative ideas. biggrin.gif

Improvement wise the accuracy of the bend at 00:51 could be better, but all in all this felt excellent to me.

What tone where you looking for? Maybe something that 'squashes' a little more with the pick attack? Anyway if i were you I'd be happy with this tone.

Btw what guitar did you use?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 8 2015, 08:02 PM) *
Ok, sorry but time was limited and my creativity on this one was blocked but here are both parts.

[attachment=41560:Eye_Open...lab_FULL.wav]

[attachment=41561:Eye_Open...lab_SOLO.wav]

Thanks again for this gentlemen, I really enjoy these even though I haven't had much time with this one.

Phil

Excellent Phil, this is probably the most musical one I have heard from you so far. And in here I never got the impression you ran out of ideas. Definite progress! biggrin.gif

As always 'making progress' also means priorities change, and you need to start thinking about other areas to improve. If you had send me this take in the beginning of the collab, I would have commented on:

* timing. This is this biggest thing, and it is something I keep nagging about. To get good timing, you need to know the solo so well you can close your eyes and play it (almost) flawlessly. When you can do this, you should start to consciously relax your whole body a little extra, and try to play a little 'after' the beat, as this is where the sweet lies spot lies.

This might sound like hocus-pokus, but with great timing a simple scale played up and down (without any musical tricks) can sound amazing. I think this is one of the most important 'pro secrets' that often gets overlooked because it's such a subtle thing. But if you consider it for every note played, it is definitely not subtle.

* Tone: Your tone is slightly harsh for this kind of backing, you might want to try dialing in something a bit softer.

Extremely well done Phil, I feel very proud of you wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 8 2015, 10:46 PM
I've uploaded AIFF versions of my finals to dropbox and linked them in my original post smile.gif Can't wait!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=708776

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 8 2015, 10:50 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 9 2015, 07:18 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 8 2015, 10:24 PM) *
Excellent Phil, this is probably the most musical one I have heard from you so far. And in here I never got the impression you ran out of ideas. Definite progress! biggrin.gif

As always 'making progress' also means priorities change, and you need to start thinking about other areas to improve. If you had send me this take in the beginning of the collab, I would have commented on:

* timing. This is this biggest thing, and it is something I keep nagging about. To get good timing, you need to know the solo so well you can close your eyes and play it (almost) flawlessly. When you can do this, you should start to consciously relax your whole body a little extra, and try to play a little 'after' the beat, as this is where the sweet lies spot lies.

This might sound like hocus-pokus, but with great timing a simple scale played up and down (without any musical tricks) can sound amazing. I think this is one of the most important 'pro secrets' that often gets overlooked because it's such a subtle thing. But if you consider it for every note played, it is definitely not subtle.

* Tone: Your tone is slightly harsh for this kind of backing, you might want to try dialing in something a bit softer.

Extremely well done Phil, I feel very proud of you wub.gif

Thank you Kris,

I can try to dial in a softer tone tonight if that will fit in with your plans. I know there's a deadline of yesterday but maybe for tone alterations?

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Procyon
Apr 9 2015, 07:56 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 8 2015, 11:24 PM) *
Well this was different beast, I really like your tone and playing here! Beautiful with lots of creative ideas. biggrin.gif

Improvement wise the accuracy of the bend at 00:51 could be better, but all in all this felt excellent to me.

What tone where you looking for? Maybe something that 'squashes' a little more with the pick attack? Anyway if i were you I'd be happy with this tone.

Btw what guitar did you use?

Thanks a lot, Kris! I agree with you: this bend is a bit out of control - but since I put so much effort in my tone-experiments I thought it wouldn't matter anyway, I was a bit frustrated. But - when I listened to my take today the tone doesn't really seem to be that bad! rolleyes.gif
But I definitely wanted what you mentioned: A bit more "squash" and more brilliance - but it always turned out too aggressive. Most of the time I play distorted tones so this was a real challenge for me.

I used my Parker Fly Deluxe for this take.

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 9 2015, 08:32 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
here's my files -
with backing:
[attachment=41570:eye_full.mp3]
guitar only:
[attachment=41571:eye_guitar.wav]
sorry Kris, I couldn't get a behind the beat version. I did try but just could not seem to find the groove at all. I even tried leaving it for a few days and attacking it fresh last night but I still couldnt nail it.
Im not really 100% with my take tbh, its a bit meandering but hey, what ya gonna do rolleyes.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 9 2015, 02:38 PM
Here are my files. It's the best I could do with a fractured index finger on my fretting hand!! It's also the first time I've played in over two weeks because of it!!!
https://soundcloud.com/neilwaller/eye-opener-wbt
https://soundcloud.com/neilwaller/eye-opener-nbt

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Apr 9 2015, 05:42 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Hey Kris, Things are starting to get pretty busy for me around here with work so I was unable to set aside some time to further work on my take. I wanted to record it at the beginning of the long version of the backing and then improvise a bit over some of the rest of it but it just wasn't in the cards. I can't wait to see how this one turns out with all the different interpretations and flavors that everyone contributed. Thanks for the backing and the opportunity to take part in another awesome collab! smile.gif Here are my files.

[attachment=41575:eye_open...llab_2.0.mp3]

[attachment=41576:eye_open...b_2.0_NB.mp3]

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 9 2015, 07:29 PM
Ok, I know it's past the deadline but here are a couple more with tonal differences. I prefer the #3 ones. Use them if you want to wink.gif

[attachment=41577:Eye_Opener_2_FULL.wav]
[attachment=41578:Eye_Opener_2_SOLO.wav]

[attachment=41579:Eye_Opener_3_FULL.wav]
[attachment=41580:Eye_Opener_3_SOLO.wav]

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 9 2015, 07:31 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 9 2015, 08:55 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 9 2015, 05:42 PM) *
Hey Kris, Things are starting to get pretty busy for me around here with work so I was unable to set aside some time to further work on my take. I wanted to record it at the beginning of the long version of the backing and then improvise a bit over some of the rest of it but it just wasn't in the cards. I can't wait to see how this one turns out with all the different interpretations and flavors that everyone contributed. Thanks for the backing and the opportunity to take part in another awesome collab! smile.gif Here are my files.

Loving that Rich!! Very Santana-esque!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 9 2015, 10:01 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 9 2015, 08:32 AM) *
here's my files -
with backing:
[attachment=41570:eye_full.mp3]
guitar only:
[attachment=41571:eye_guitar.wav]
sorry Kris, I couldn't get a behind the beat version. I did try but just could not seem to find the groove at all. I even tried leaving it for a few days and attacking it fresh last night but I still couldnt nail it.
Im not really 100% with my take tbh, its a bit meandering but hey, what ya gonna do rolleyes.gif

Thanks Bleez

No worries, the intention with my feedback is never really for people to perfect their timing in two weeks - but rather become aware that there are improvements to be made. So I think that just by trying to achieve it actively for a couple of weeks will give you the awareness you need to get control of it. This will require more time, because if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

But I can tell you I am really looking forward to hear how your playing will evolve the coming collabs! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Apr 9 2015, 02:38 PM) *
Here are my files. It's the best I could do with a fractured index finger on my fretting hand!! It's also the first time I've played in over two weeks because of it!!!
https://soundcloud.com/neilwaller/eye-opener-wbt
https://soundcloud.com/neilwaller/eye-opener-nbt

Thanks Jones!

I think the ideas are good as usual, especially when considering the circumstances! smile.gif

With a different tone, I think this one would have been on another level. Your sound here seems more adapted to cut through a rock backing, and has lots of treble. But with this backing, there is plenty of space for warm and juicy midrange.

With a bit of EQ:ing (and magic plugins!)we should be able to make it work in the final mix though - its awesome to have you in. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Apr 9 2015, 05:42 PM) *

Thanks for the files AK - and once again I think this is a neatly constructed solo!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 9 2015, 07:29 PM) *
Ok, I know it's past the deadline but here are a couple more with tonal differences. I prefer the #3 ones. Use them if you want to wink.gif

[attachment=41577:Eye_Opener_2_FULL.wav]
[attachment=41578:Eye_Opener_2_SOLO.wav]

[attachment=41579:Eye_Opener_3_FULL.wav]
[attachment=41580:Eye_Opener_3_SOLO.wav]

Cheers

Phil

Tanks Phil, I think both are better. But I also prefer #3 - I think the sustain coming from the distortion is needed for these types of lines.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 10 2015, 05:47 AM
I posted the links to my files in the original post I'd made with the updated solo. Just want to make sure you found them, as I didn't see a response in your post smile.gif

my AIF files are 40 MEGABYTES in total so I thought I'd skip trying to upload them here in the forum smile.gif

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 10 2015, 05:54 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 10 2015, 09:08 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 10 2015, 05:47 AM) *
I posted the links to my files in the original post I'd made with the updated solo. Just want to make sure you found them, as I didn't see a response in your post smile.gif

my AIF files are 40 MEGABYTES in total so I thought I'd skip trying to upload them here in the forum smile.gif

Todd

Got it, thanks Todd!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 10 2015, 09:52 AM
Cool! smile.gif Looking forward to the final! I bumped up the level of the backing in the "with backing versin" per your comments smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 10 2015, 04:08 AM) *
Got it, thanks Todd!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 10 2015, 04:24 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 9 2015, 10:01 PM) *
Thanks Jones!

I think the ideas are good as usual, especially when considering the circumstances! smile.gif

With a different tone, I think this one would have been on another level. Your sound here seems more adapted to cut through a rock backing, and has lots of treble. But with this backing, there is plenty of space for warm and juicy midrange.

With a bit of EQ:ing (and magic plugins!)we should be able to make it work in the final mix though - its awesome to have you in. biggrin.gif

Thanks Kris!
smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Apr 10 2015, 04:28 PM
Learning Roadie
and now, kris, what's next ? biggrin.gif

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 10 2015, 07:48 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Apr 10 2015, 04:28 PM) *
and now, kris, what's next ? biggrin.gif

Laurent

Hehe what would you want to see next Laurent? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Apr 10 2015, 09:08 PM
Learning Roadie
i like to see the results of our hard job wink.gif

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:01 PM