Gallop Picking, Basic Metal Rhythm Lesson
Mike RR24
Feb 14 2012, 01:16 AM
Learning Roadie
Marcus,

Awesome lesson Basic Metal Rhythm, I love it! I struggle so hard with the gallop picking it almost feels impossible. Not sure what the mental block is with me. It's really holding me back from stepping up to the next level in my playing. If I could gallop pick it would open lots of other doors as it's close to 98% in all Metal. I love that sound but have always struggled to pick right without my pick feeling like it gets stuck on the string etc... Do you have any advice that would help me out ?? I really appreciate anything anyone has for me. It would be much appreciated. I've tried different size picks and like the Dunlop Jazz II picks but still can't gallop any better with them. What is the secret? I remember when I learned to muffle it looked easy but took a whole lot of practice to perfect it but I did it. I've been practicing with the gallop picking but never make any progress. It's so frustrating. Thanks again guy's.

Michael Connell

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Michael Connell - Ciudad Juarez Chihuahua, Mexico

Gear: Jackson Pro RR24.
Ibanez XPT700.
Mexican Fender Strat 2008 Model.
Marshall MA 100 Watt Head w/Crate Blackheart slanted cab 300 Watts.
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Digitech Metal Master Heavy Metal Distortion Pedal.
THD Hotplate 16 Ohms.
BOSS BR-1600CD Home Studio
DigiTech GSP1101 Guitar Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech Control2 Remote Foot Controller
TC-Helicon VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Processor
Switch-3 Pedal for VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Processor
ISP Technologies Decimator Noise Reduction Pedal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:32 AM