> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Vinnie Moore Style Patterns: 1, Lesson By Laszlo Boross
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

thevenin
Jun 23 2014, 05:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Vinnie Moore Style Patterns: 1 by Laszlo Boross

Second take on this lesson. Three things on which I have focused attention: - Lower gain tone - Better synchronization with backing track - More consistent picking and sync between hands I hope to be improved in these aspects of my playing this lesson

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=52397

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 23 2014, 06:13 PM
Instructor
Hi thevenin, congrats on your work.

I can notice clear improvements on this take comparing the previous one. Your tone sounds much better now, it clearer and fits better with the backing. To improve it a bit more I would add some delay or reverb to your sound as it happens with the original lesson. Compare both takes and you will notice how the original lesson has more ambiance and it's more into the overall mix. Experiment with this effects to keep on modeling your guitar tone.

Regarding your playing, there are two details that you should improve:

- timing: Your timing is better but it should still go tighter with the drums. This music styles requires to play very tight so you have to pay extra attention to play connected to the drum's groove.

- dynamic: Your playing sounds all the time with the same intensity. I invite you to listen to the original lesson focusing on dynamics, intensity and groove. You will notice that it doesn't sound as a machine, it sounds organic. It time to humanize your take a bit more regarding dynamics. Play the lesson over the original main video and try to emulate Laszlo's dynamics, start making it exaggerated until you find a good balance.

Keep on the hard work! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 23 2014, 07:55 PM
Instructor
Hi, this is a definite improvement over your first take of this lesson.

The tone is sounding sweeter and the timing is a bit better.

-Try to avoid playing in front of the beat, this will help with your timing.

Now it's time for the -

***IMPORTANT NOTICE***

If you watch your picking hand closely you will see that you're not always following alternate picking. Sometimes you play 2 up strokes in a row, or 2 down strokes. (This was noticeable in the 1st video too)

In a piece like this, it doesn't matter what a player does to get the sound as it is slow enough. But we don't want you to adopt bad habits so you must try to fix this issue whilst you can.

So pay attention to maintaining the down/up/down/up picking pattern even when you change strings and you'll find that your alternate picking will soon become natural smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 25 2014, 08:26 AM
Instructor
Hey there mate!

Congrats on improving! It's really visible so - a step forward is always great!!

I think the guys stated the main things that can bring your take to the next level, so all I would add, is to take these advices and apply them with awareness on the mentions - establish short and very focused practice sessions, in which you should work on:

- timing
- anticipating each move
- dynamics
- taking care to execute the alternate picking technique consistently

Once you are comfy with these aspects at a slow tempo, slowly raise the BPM until you reach the original tempo while keeping all of the above under control and playing relaxed smile.gif

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Jun 25 2014, 09:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thevenin @ Jun 23 2014, 04:28 PM) *
Original lesson: Vinnie Moore Style Patterns: 1 by Laszlo Boross

Second take on this lesson.
Three things on which I have focused attention:
- Lower gain tone
- Better synchronization with backing track
- More consistent picking and sync between hands

Great take!!!
Yeah, you already mentioned the three important things by yourself.Try to focus a bit more on theses points and you'll make it!

I think you could also add a stronger and more powerful vibrato as well. Hey, It's a neoclassical Vinnie rock lessons, so rock it!!!! tongue.gif

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 27 2014, 04:52 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.5

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:30 PM