Read this
beebo
Jan 8 2007, 01:18 AM
GMC:er
How good do you think you are whom ever is reading this. 1 to 10 for rating

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 8 2007, 06:50 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (beebo @ Jan 8 2007, 03:18 AM) *
How good do you think you are whom ever is reading this. 1 to 10 for rating

ou... this is a tricky one - you start! blink.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Jan 8 2007, 10:52 AM
I would say that I am a 9 at my current level - which is level 4 on a 1 - 10 grading and chapter 3 out of 7 chapters.
in the Useless, crap, laughable, OK, Nice, Wow. Jeez that guy can play ratings I am sort of OK

in the wife ratings I have gone from "Turn that bloody noise down" to "I recognised that one - what was it, and can you please turn it down"

In the mates at work rating - I took in an MP3 on my phone of me jamming and got "Thats never you"

so where does that get me?

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 8 2007, 11:00 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (fretdancer @ Jan 8 2007, 12:52 PM) *
in the wife ratings I have gone from "Turn that bloody noise down" to "I recognised that one - what was it, and can you please turn it down"

The wifes/girlfriends are the only ones that really know - trust me. blink.gif biggrin.gif

I very seldomly manage to surprise my girlfrind with something I have recorded - so that inspires me to work even harder...

--------------------

+Quote Post
beebo
Jan 8 2007, 09:08 PM
ok that's cool. My mom thinks i'm good but that's so i'll quit asking lol I think i'm probably at a rating of 5 to 6 blink.gif

blink.gif
QUOTE (fretdancer @ Jan 8 2007, 01:52 AM) *
I would say that I am a 9 at my current level - which is level 4 on a 1 - 10 grading and chapter 3 out of 7 chapters.
in the Useless, crap, laughable, OK, Nice, Wow. Jeez that guy can play ratings I am sort of OK

In the mates at work rating - I took in an MP3 on my phone of me jamming and got "Thats never you"

so where does that get me?

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................ blink.gif huh.gif

This post has been edited by beebo: Jan 8 2007, 09:07 PM

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jan 9 2007, 04:58 AM
Is suck a number?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
beebo
Jan 10 2007, 12:56 AM
lol

+Quote Post
PickNGrin
Jan 10 2007, 02:41 PM
I typically describe myself as "skilled amatuer".
Basically -I can hold my own with the average group of guys around town, or at the local guitar centers, or on most open Internet forums. But, as compared to real professionals who are earning their living playing, gigging out on a regular basis, I would be near the bottom of the line up.
*Being able to sing decent somewhat "raises my value" wink.gif

+Quote Post
Fender23strat
Jan 11 2007, 01:25 AM
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Jan 8 2007, 09:58 PM) *
Is suck a number?

I think I belong with dime on this one lol.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 11 2007, 08:21 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Jan 9 2007, 06:58 AM) *
Is suck a number?

biggrin.gif Yes it probably is a low one - although I doubt it would suit you.

THis kind of thing is so hard answer - who's bad and who's not? If you have played for six month and can come up with your own little melodies - is that good or bad?

If you have played for ten years and can only shred your *** off - good or bad? I can't tell - it all depends on who's listening...

--------------------

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Feb 29 2008, 04:35 PM
And I thought the test board was the only place with random nonsense. unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 29 2008, 04:43 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Feb 29 2008, 03:35 PM) *
And I thought the test board was the only place with random nonsense. unsure.gif

lol this was a year ago....you can see that threads have got a little more productive nowadays...sometimes...

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Feb 29 2008, 04:44 PM
Yeah offcourse, there wasn't even a test board back then.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 29 2008, 11:18 PM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Feb 29 2008, 09:44 AM) *
Yeah offcourse, there wasn't even a test board back then.

how come we are replying to a thread made 1 year ago.... blink.gif ?

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Feb 29 2008, 11:20 PM
Lol, I guess we are slow sometimes.

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Feb 29 2008, 11:21 PM

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Apr 23 2011, 11:33 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 29 2008, 11:22 PM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Feb 29 2008, 03:43 PM) *
lol this was a year ago....you can see that threads have got a little more productive nowadays...sometimes...

I'll still give myself a 8 or 9 though lol biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Mar 1 2008, 03:50 PM
QUOTE (beebo @ Jan 8 2007, 09:08 PM) *
ok that's cool. My mom thinks i'm good but that's so i'll quit asking lol I think i'm probably at a rating of 5 to 6 blink.gif

Moms don't count smile.gif They are on the opposite side of wifes/gf's so those two would be cancelled. biggrin.gif

I'd say I'm a 2 on an absolute scale, and maybe an 8 on my level.

This post has been edited by blindwillie: Mar 1 2008, 03:52 PM

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 1 2008, 05:04 PM
Instructor
I don't understand... like good in general?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 1 2008, 05:14 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I'm one of the good guys! So good I deserve 10, just asked my kids for confirmation - Dad just gave you candy, how good am I between 1-10.
One said 50 and one said 1 million, then changed to 1 million BAD but the other then said I'm as good as the largest number anyone can ever say.

So the average from that would be quite large biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:31 PM