Amptweaker Pro Playthrough!
Todd Simpson
Oct 17 2014, 02:31 AM
GMC:er
Big props to James Brown @ AMP TWEAKER for letting me get my grubby hands on the "TIGHT METAL PRO" and give it a whirl smile.gif

Anyhoo!! This pedal is pretty darn spiff. LOADS of gain, responds a lot like a high gain tube head, not a high gain solid state pedal which is what it actually is. Very "tubey" gain structure imho. Also...

*Three FX Loops
-You can patch in your other pedals to work when "clean", "dirty" or "boosted" or all of the above.

*Pre/post switches
-Put your external fx before or after the gain stage.

*Built in Gate
-with fine tracking control

*runs in 9 or 18 volt mod
-crazy and insane setting.

Those are some highlights here is the vid!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 17 2014, 02:54 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Todd Simpson
Oct 18 2014, 03:08 AM
Anyone ever try these ?

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 16 2014, 09:31 PM) *
Big props to James Brown @ AMP TWEAKER for letting me get my grubby hands on the "TIGHT METAL PRO" and give it a whirl smile.gif

Anyhoo!! This pedal is pretty darn spiff. LOADS of gain, responds a lot like a high gain tube head, not a high gain solid state pedal which is what it actually is. Very "tubey" gain structure imho. Also...

*Three FX Loops
-You can patch in your other pedals to work when "clean", "dirty" or "boosted" or all of the above.

*Pre/post switches
-Put your external fx before or after the gain stage.

*Built in Gate
-with fine tracking control

*runs in 9 or 18 volt mod
-crazy and insane setting.

Those are some highlights here is the vid!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 18 2014, 05:26 PM
Not I.

Todd, I like better your sound when you use software and plug-ins and whatever that distortion pedal is that you favor. Plugins, software, modeling and profiling really seem to excel at the high gain tones especially where the low end concerned.
To me, the Amp Tweaker has something weird in the mids that I just don't like as much.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 18 2014, 06:03 PM
Thanks for checking out the vid smile.gif I hear what you are saying on the mids and lows. The low frequency is fixed on the pedal with one dip switch for variance. I usually sweep the mids and focus the bass with a parametric eq pre and post gain in my plugin sound (TH2 lets you put eqs on both sides of the chain and stack them if needed) so you get a lot more control.

Taming the mids is a lot more of a challenge on this pedal as well. The mid knob is a a set frequency with one dip switch. There is the "tight" knob which tweaks the mids but it also rolls back the gain so any manipulation loses you precious gain which is sorta the point of the pedal.

It reminded me of working with a high gain amp with set eq points. I miced with a E.V. Raven only and skipped my usual addition of a condenser to capture lows. Seemed like it was cheating the honest sound to much. It's a very upper mid/low mid focused pedal which is fine until you throw a 7 string guitar at it. I was using my 7 and the low 7th string is below the typical range the fixed eq wants to address.

I did like the flexibility of the gain structure quite a bit and I liked how it felt a lot like a tube amp. It responded very well to being hit hard or soft. One of the best agressive distortion pedals I've tried so far. I'm going to make another vid using all 3 fx loops to show how it can be the hub/center of a pedalboard setup. smile.gif

QUOTE (klasaine @ Oct 18 2014, 12:26 PM) *
Not I.

Todd, I like better your sound when you use software and plug-ins and whatever that distortion pedal is that you favor. Plugins, software, modeling and profiling really seem to excel at the high gain tones especially where the low end concerned.
To me, the Amp Tweaker has something weird in the mids that I just don't like as much.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 18 2014, 06:48 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:43 AM