Gp6 Question
Phil66
Dec 17 2015, 10:19 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello everyone,
I didn't know if this should go into the theory thread or gear (is GP6 gear?) as it relates to both sort of unsure.gif
I've started logging my ideas, I record them in Reaper but I also like to create TAB. I've found an easy way to do this is to use GP6. I don't understand music so I get a few red areas but that doesn't worry me, it saves me a whole lot of time later on trying to work out the notes.

Something just cropped up that I didn't understand. it doesn't matter to the way I am working but I'm curious. The first F# I type in each bar shows the # symbol by the note but the rest don't. Why is this?

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Dec 18 2015, 02:09 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Whenever a note has an accidental in musical notation (in other words, whenever there is a sharp, flat, or natural to indicate a note not in the scale), that accidental applies for the duration of the measure. In other words, if you have multiple notes that are outside of the scale in the measure, only the first one needs the accidental, the remainder are implied.

For example, if the notation is in C major and you enter an F# followed by a second F#, only the first one needs the #. The second F is assumed to be F#. If you want the second F to be F natural, you must use the natural mark.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 18 2015, 08:20 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Dec 18 2015, 01:09 AM) *
Whenever a note has an accidental in musical notation (in other words, whenever there is a sharp, flat, or natural to indicate a note not in the scale), that accidental applies for the duration of the measure. In other words, if you have multiple notes that are outside of the scale in the measure, only the first one needs the accidental, the remainder are implied.

For example, if the notation is in C major and you enter an F# followed by a second F#, only the first one needs the #. The second F is assumed to be F#. If you want the second F to be F natural, you must use the natural mark.

Thanks Rammikin,
I was thinking that was maybe the case. In cnc programing, G codes are modal, once you put a G1 (feed) you need put no more in until you want to change to maybe G0 (rapid) or any of the other G codes. It was the CNC thing that made me wonder if music was the same even though they are completely different things biggrin.gif

Thanks for clarifying smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:04 PM