Metal Mash Mummy, My new music video
thefireball
Oct 31 2012, 07:48 PM
Learning Roadie
This Halloween 2012, I bring you a mummy clad in cheap toilet paper.

Download for free:
http://soundcloud.com/fireball100/metal-mash-mummy

I am playing my Jackson SLSMG in Drop Bb, with DR DDT 13-65 gauge strings. My tone was derived from POD Farm. If you are interested, we can discuss the tone in the comments. The main rhythm guitars were only dual-tracked, as well as the occasional lead guitars. You are hearing EZdrummer DFH, a church organ vst, and a eerie synth vst. The bass was recorded with my guitar, as in POD Farm. The scary sounds came from a pack included with my Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10 software - I only added effects.

I've been working hard on this the past week for you guys. It's finally here in record time.
- - - - - - - - - -
FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
http://www.facebook.com/analyzedwithin

CHANNELS:
https://www.youtube.com/analyzedwithin
https://www.youtube.com/thefireball100

MUSIC PROJECTS:
http://soundcloud.com/fireball100

BLOG & EXCLUSIVES:
http://fireballnews.blogspot.com

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zoom
Nov 1 2012, 08:27 AM
Learning Roadie
Great stuff FireBall.

Your've got some great stuff going on there. Great Video also. Love the dramatic effect of the red guitar on the monochrome backing.
Very creative I think that's what's important these days. Visually and with our ears.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 1 2012, 09:43 AM
Instructor
Great track Brandon! I always keep using you as an example of how nicely someone can evolve!

My favorite part? Min 1.05 laugh.gif CRUSHING! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 1 2012, 02:35 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for the support, guys. wink.gif

Glad you noticed and liked the color effect, zoom. I was playing with the saturation adjustment when I had that idea. Cosmin, once again I thank you for your uplifting words! I lived and breathed this song the past week in preparation. I almost hate this track now. haha

Brandon

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 1 2012, 03:43 AM) *
My favorite part? Min 1.05 laugh.gif CRUSHING! biggrin.gif

Yeah, I have been listening to a lot of Metalcore lately. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Saddlefall
Nov 1 2012, 03:27 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Pretty awesome man! I don't have any composing skills... I have lots of riffs and stuff, but I just can't seem to scrap them together into a song...

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Explorer
Jackson Warrior WRXT
Jackson RR24
Schecter Demon 7 string

Amp:
Marshall JMD:1

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 1 2012, 03:35 PM
Instructor
hahaha great costume, track and video mate! Well done! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Nov 1 2012, 08:13 PM
Tone Seeker
Hah excellent stuff man biggrin.gif You sure know how to handle odd time riffage !!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 2 2012, 03:40 AM
Learning Roadie
Thank you people!! smile.gif Much appreciated.

Ville - I have become very comfortable with 7/8 or 7/4. smile.gif I am also embracing syncopation. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 2 2012, 03:55 AM
GMC:er
Awesome, I was really diggin the spooky sound of it. What were the eerie sound and church organ vst's that you used I really like them? Also that guitar is sweet what is your opinion of it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 2 2012, 10:05 AM
Instructor
That was excellent B-Master ! biggrin.gif

Really creative riffs, time signatures !

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 2 2012, 11:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks, Ben! smile.gif

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Nov 1 2012, 09:55 PM) *
Awesome, I was really diggin the spooky sound of it. What were the eerie sound and church organ vst's that you used I really like them? Also that guitar is sweet what is your opinion of it?

Honored you enjoyed. smile.gif I really like my guitar. It is a Jackson SLSLMG Soloist. It's meant to be played closer to standard tuning. However, such a low tuning gives a unique warm sound. I still like the sound of a 7 string better. Never got to try a baritone guitar. But this guitar tuned that low is not producing the exact tone I was going for right away. I have to be careful with the intonation. Sometimes you just barely get it setup. I had the get the nut filed down to allow thick strings. It's a great guitar, with the 81/85 EMGs. I miss the sound of it as a soloist. I originally got it to practice Trond Vold's lessons. One day I will get a 8 string (or 7) and I will be very happy. If you want to downtune this low, I recommend a baritone for that warm sound. Other than that, it sounds amazing as a soloist. It's a killer guitar!! Just listen to Trond's lessons. smile.gif

The plugins I used were shareware. Here I have provided the download links.

I tweaked the sound just a little inside the program.
Church Organ VST download

I used the stock preset called "Whish." To make the notes slide into each other in programming, overlap the ending of the note with the beginning of the next note.
Cosmos 2 VST download

-Brandon of Analyzed Within

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Nov 3 2012, 01:52 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 2 2012, 10:27 PM) *
Thanks, Ben! smile.gif

Honored you enjoyed. smile.gif I really like my guitar. It is a Jackson SLSLMG Soloist. It's meant to be played closer to standard tuning. However, such a low tuning gives a unique warm sound. I still like the sound of a 7 string better. Never got to try a baritone guitar. But this guitar tuned that low is not producing the exact tone I was going for right away. I have to be careful with the intonation. Sometimes you just barely get it setup. I had the get the nut filed down to allow thick strings. It's a great guitar, with the 81/85 EMGs. I miss the sound of it as a soloist. I originally got it to practice Trond Vold's lessons. One day I will get a 8 string (or 7) and I will be very happy. If you want to downtune this low, I recommend a baritone for that warm sound. Other than that, it sounds amazing as a soloist. It's a killer guitar!! Just listen to Trond's lessons. smile.gif

The plugins I used were shareware. Here I have provided the download links.

I tweaked the sound just a little inside the program.
Church Organ VST download

I used the stock preset called "Whish." To make the notes slide into each other in programming, overlap the ending of the note with the beginning of the next note.
Cosmos 2 VST download

-Brandon of Analyzed Within

Sweet! Thanks for the links, I'm a free vst junkie! My computer is filled with more than I have even been able to try yet. laugh.gif I have actually been eyeing up a 7 string soloist, that why I asked about your guitar!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blister
Nov 3 2012, 03:44 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Monsterously awesome video, Brandon! Nice licks & really dug how the organ & synth sounds all came together for the entire composition. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 3 2012, 05:05 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Nov 2 2012, 07:52 PM) *
Sweet! Thanks for the links, I'm a free vst junkie! My computer is filled with more than I have even been able to try yet. laugh.gif I have actually been eyeing up a 7 string soloist, that why I asked about your guitar!

You are welcome. smile.gif Yeah, I am kind of a junkie like that too.

QUOTE (Blister @ Nov 2 2012, 09:44 PM) *
Monsterously awesome video, Brandon! Nice licks & really dug how the organ & synth sounds all came together for the entire composition. smile.gif

Glad you liked, Gary. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:33 PM