3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Gmc'ers And Our Rides!, What do you drive?
Chris Evans
Feb 11 2008, 11:52 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Feb 11 2008, 10:46 PM) *
LOL - most cars would be mate !

seriously I tried thinking of all different ways to keep it, but it just wasnt financially viable, I even considered selling my wifes car letting her have it and buying a diesel for work and getting to play at the weekends, but ... we bought her car brand new a year ago and you should see the state of it!! I couldnt possibly see it get ruined, that would have broken my heart more than when I left it sitting there on the forecourt as I drove away in the Astra.

anyways, sozzles gone off topic laugh.gif I `ll try dig out a picture over the next couple of days

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gen
Feb 11 2008, 11:53 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 12 2008, 01:48 AM) *

Ok so what I don't have driver's licence dry.gif

Mine looks kinda like that aswell actually laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
PolackHax0r
Feb 12 2008, 12:09 AM
My first car: Very Very Very comfy car!

Attached Image

Traded that car at the dealer and a little while later my brother crashed his car and we were at the junk yard pulling out his radio and speaker and crap and I was just looking around at how messed up the other cars were and I saw this...

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

I was very sad to see my first Audi there! sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

My second car was another Audi:

Attached Image

I destoryed the power steering pump doing doughnuts. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Attached Image

And this is my Jeep I drive now:

Attached Image

And I LOVE to go four wheeling!

Attached Image

-Polack

This post has been edited by PolackHax0r: Feb 12 2008, 12:23 AM

+Quote Post
Stratman58
Feb 12 2008, 12:54 AM
QUOTE (PolackHax0r @ Feb 11 2008, 03:09 PM) *
Attached Image

-Polack

I daresay, one a' these days, you, Kris, and I are gonna have to do some offroadin' laugh.gif

--------------------
God said "Let there be LIGHT"
and Chuck Norris said "Say Please"

Gear:
Ibanez RG Prestige 1570 Mirage Blue
Fender Mexican Strat HSS Arctic White
G&L Climax Marble body (Found my Gotoh trem bar!)
Crate GT1200H Half Stack
PodXTLive board
Ibanez delay and chorus tank pedals

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 12 2008, 10:20 AM
I can't drive so don't have a car but hopefully this time next year I will be able to. I walk everywhere now. I walk about 10-12 miles each day.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Spreedmaster
Feb 12 2008, 11:38 AM
Ive never gotten around to to doing my driving test, too lazy.... laugh.gif

--------------------
''It is not herasy, and I will not repent''

Guitars:B.C. Rich WMD SOB with EMG 81/85s and Afterburner
B.C. Rich green acrylic ice Mockingbird with Rockfield Mafia/Fat ass
Black Peavy Rotor EX
ESP LTD DV200 with an irongear hammerhead in the bridge

Gear: Marshall MG15DFX
POD 2.0
Dunlop crybaby
Behringer UM300
Danelectro FAB metal
Biyang DS-7
Behringer EQ700

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Feb 12 2008, 10:02 PM
i .. live in toronto.. where everything is a walk away.. i want a sport bike.. BUT i may be travelling to ottawa to continue my education next year.. in this case i will begin using public transit because it is amazing in ottawa smile.gif + in winter i can skate on the river to wherever im going smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Feb 12 2008, 10:02 PM
Edit- Double Post

This post has been edited by Smikey2006: Feb 12 2008, 10:07 PM

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 12 2008, 10:11 PM
QUOTE (PolackHax0r @ Feb 11 2008, 03:09 PM) *
My first car: Very Very Very comfy car!

Attached Image

Traded that car at the dealer and a little while later my brother crashed his car and we were at the junk yard pulling out his radio and speaker and crap and I was just looking around at how messed up the other cars were and I saw this...

Attached Image

I was very sad to see my first Audi there! sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Cant help but notice they have different license plates, looks like the exact model but are you sure its the exact same car? tongue.gif

Dont mean to be cheeky, theres probably a perfectly reasonable explanation or I've not taken something into account, I'm just overly curious! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
at lights end
Feb 13 2008, 05:58 PM
QUOTE (Stratman58 @ Feb 11 2008, 06:54 PM) *
I've recently had a few spare bucks on hand, and invested in a sound system for it. It's all installed now, and it's quite the beast! Two kicker 4ohm subs powered by an American Legacy 2000watt amp (yes, 3 0's biggrin.gif). Pioneer Kevlar coned 6.5"s in the doors, and two rear 4x10's

you should plug your guitar into your car!

--------------------
“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Feb 13 2008, 07:24 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 11 2008, 05:48 PM) *

Ok so what I don't have driver's licence dry.gif

Awesome! I'm a bike commuter too.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
PolackHax0r
Feb 13 2008, 07:50 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Feb 12 2008, 04:11 PM) *
Cant help but notice they have different license plates, looks like the exact model but are you sure its the exact same car? tongue.gif

Dont mean to be cheeky, theres probably a perfectly reasonable explanation or I've not taken something into account, I'm just overly curious! biggrin.gif

What's doing down Owen?

yeah, I'm 100% sure that's my old car! The reason for the different plates is because someone else bought the car after I traded her in. Had the same black grille, same antenna on the back window and everything... yeah, she was mine.

-Polack

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Feb 13 2008, 11:38 PM
Javanesian Stallion

This post has been edited by Twibeard: Feb 13 2008, 11:47 PM

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 14 2008, 03:42 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
My current ride, a Wing Zero Custom wink.gif

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 14 2008, 03:47 AM
91 Honda bishes!!! lol

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 14 2008, 04:55 PM

laugh.gif sad.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Goliath
Feb 15 2008, 04:04 PM
Alright, we'll start with my current sleigh. As my laptop was stolen, I don't have any pictures of it except for after I got in a wreck with it that were posted on the web. So here's my baby after I smashed her up like an idiot.

Edit: And you'll notice my rugby bag's strap holding the front bumper on so I could drive it to the body shop to get fixed. Awesome.

05 windveil blue Ford Mustang. She's since been repaired to near mint condition (only fault I found with the body work was that the wheel well liner on the front passenger wheel won't tighten quite as tight as the undamaged one. Otherwise, you can't tell. I don't really care as it's nearly paid for and I'll be driving it until the wheels approximately fall off as I'm over the whole "status symbol" cars type of thing. Not a GT, but insurance on it anyway is already astronomical (not for long, i'll be 25 soon!)

before that: A two tone 91 Ford Explorer of white and baby blue. It was a piece of trash and was my younger sisters "hand me down" to me. It was the car she learned to drive on so she beat the life out of it. I got it because I didn't really need a car too terribly badly because I was still in college at the time. It served well as a bar taxi tongue.gif. Other than that, it was a piece of trash.

Before that: 88 Acura Legend. "Metallic Brown" is the best way to describe the color. I ended up throwing a rod on it and when my sister ended up getting a new car we sold this. It was swiss cheesed with hail dents.

Before that: 94 F150 XL. White. Long bed. Manual transmission. I got this old fleet truck second hand after somebody rear ended my first car and totaled it. I loved this truck despite it being really basic (manual everything and no AC). Had the big Ford in line 6 that was indestructible. Manual trucks are fun to drive tongue.gif. I would probably still drive this thing if my parents hadn't sold it my freshman year in college because I "never drove it" (freshmen were not allowed to get parking passes so I couldn't keep it on campus). The kicker used my truck on a trade in for my sister. The car they got her: An Isuzu Axiom because "it kind of looks like that Lexus RX300". Well it also kind of looks like a moon bus and the ride it gives is horrible. Needless to say you don't see many of these on the road today.

and before that: My first car. a 91 Mazda protege. I got this car when I was 16 and beat the life out of it. It was fantastic for doing hand brake 180s/360s. It was still going pretty strong until one fateful day when i was waiting to turn left into a mexican restaurant and a 78 chevette hit me at 45 mph without even tapping his breaks.

So there is my laundry list of cars.

This post has been edited by Goliath: Feb 15 2008, 04:07 PM

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 16 2008, 04:04 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Ok, first up and soon to be returned for a new lease, the Grand Cherokee :

Attached Image

Next, the Jeep Wrangler (Sahara)

Attached Image

( no shortage of 4WD around here!)

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 16 2008, 06:50 AM
Instructor
mmm I don't have a car so I drive myself to the correct way !!! laugh.gif (who knows what it is ???tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
Stratman58
Feb 16 2008, 07:00 AM
QUOTE (at lights end @ Feb 13 2008, 08:58 AM) *
you should plug your guitar into your car!

Lol that actually ran through my mind as I was setting up the system wink.gif
Problem is, the way I have power setup, my 2000watt amp is only powering my bridged subs (and trust me, these things need all the juice they can get!). The speakers are running off of the 200watt deck power.

Now as I was setting this all up, I was pondering how I could setup my PodXT somewhere in the setup...but it eventually got overlooked rolleyes.gif . Granted I can do it, it would just make for a messy wire job in my car.

--------------------
God said "Let there be LIGHT"
and Chuck Norris said "Say Please"

Gear:
Ibanez RG Prestige 1570 Mirage Blue
Fender Mexican Strat HSS Arctic White
G&L Climax Marble body (Found my Gotoh trem bar!)
Crate GT1200H Half Stack
PodXTLive board
Ibanez delay and chorus tank pedals

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:34 PM