Here I Am Boys And Girls, Introduction
Jeff S
Jan 27 2014, 11:36 PM
GMC:er
Greeting fellow guitar peeps, Jeff here from big ole Texas. I've been playing guitar for about 40 years - these days only in the guitar room in my house. Just the way I like it - no cigarette smoke, no late nights, no hauling around gear. Many years ago, I played in a rock band with my cousin, Joe Diffie who went on to have a successful career in country music. Give me a shout out if you have heard of him. I remember we played Kiss' Rock and Roll All Night, Stones Honkey Tonk Women, Bad Company, BTO (people in Southern Okla tried to kill you if you didn't play Takin Care of Business) etc. smile.gif We also did a couple of country songs for crowd control.

This GMC site is excellent in its conception as well as its execution. These instructors are talented beyond all comprehension. I haven't had time to do a thorough look-around, but there are several guys here who knock the moon out of orbit. Like this Sinisa guy - he's all that and bag of chips. And there are many others.

I'm not a huge gear guy - more interested in the music. I have a nice Strat and a 72 Thinline RI (both American), a cheapo Squire Affinity Tele (surprisingly playable and decent), and an Electra Phoenix that is one fine instrument - I sold my Les Paul after I got this at a pawn shop.

I always liked the way Neil Schon did it. Also, I thought Michael Burks pulled a lot of blues styles together in a tasteful way. A lot of the hair metal guys are melodic and fun to listen to ... CC DeVille, Vito Bratta.

Man, this is turning into a book...cheers, fellas!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 17)
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 28 2014, 12:16 AM
Instructor
Hey Jeff! Welcome to the site! I'm not on country music so I don't know your cousin, but I search at google and he is really good!

I'm Gabriel, a guitar instructor here and I'm ready to help you any time you need it! Be sure to check our cool features like REC program, Vchats, Collabs, Mentoring Programs, Lessons archive and this cool community.

Enjoy GMC!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 28 2014, 01:16 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 28 2014, 12:16 AM) *
Enjoy GMC!!

I started playing this , and my wife started singing with it
welcome

+Quote Post
Aaron A
Jan 28 2014, 01:24 AM
Welcome Jeff!!

Haven't not a huge country fan but like Gabriel I did a quick internet search and definitely liked what I heard.

+Quote Post
Blister
Jan 28 2014, 03:22 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome to GMC! smile.gif

Nice intro, Jeff! I like the way you write & a few of your comments put a smile on my face.

QUOTE (Jeff S @ Jan 27 2014, 05:36 PM) *
... BTO (people in Southern Okla tried to kill you if you didn't play Takin Care of Business) etc. smile.gif We also did a couple of country songs for crowd control.

I've always loved BTO. And the comment about "crowd control" reminds me of the "Raw Hide" scene in Blues Brothers! biggrin.gif

You are truly correct about the talented instructors & this community of encouraging & supportive members that are passionate about guitars & music. It will take you a while to check out all of the resources of this site.

I hope to see you in the video chats! smile.gif

Gary

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 28 2014, 05:35 AM
Welcome to GMC!!! Always happy to have some new Texas Blood in the hizzy! This is an AMAZING place for musicians and Guitar players in particular. There really is not other online community like it. Everyone is supportive, there is zero attitude, no trolling, etc. It's a great place to be smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Jeff S @ Jan 27 2014, 05:36 PM) *
Greeting fellow guitar peeps, Jeff here from big ole Texas. I've been playing guitar for about 40 years - these days only in the guitar room in my house. Just the way I like it - no cigarette smoke, no late nights, no hauling around gear. Many years ago, I played in a rock band with my cousin, Joe Diffie who went on to have a successful career in country music. Give me a shout out if you have heard of him. I remember we played Kiss' Rock and Roll All Night, Stones Honkey Tonk Women, Bad Company, BTO (people in Southern Okla tried to kill you if you didn't play Takin Care of Business) etc. smile.gif We also did a couple of country songs for crowd control.

This GMC site is excellent in its conception as well as its execution. These instructors are talented beyond all comprehension. I haven't had time to do a thorough look-around, but there are several guys here who knock the moon out of orbit. Like this Sinisa guy - he's all that and bag of chips. And there are many others.

I'm not a huge gear guy - more interested in the music. I have a nice Strat and a 72 Thinline RI (both American), a cheapo Squire Affinity Tele (surprisingly playable and decent), and an Electra Phoenix that is one fine instrument - I sold my Les Paul after I got this at a pawn shop.

I always liked the way Neil Schon did it. Also, I thought Michael Burks pulled a lot of blues styles together in a tasteful way. A lot of the hair metal guys are melodic and fun to listen to ... CC DeVille, Vito Bratta.

Man, this is turning into a book...cheers, fellas!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 28 2014, 06:11 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Hey Jeff, welcome to the show! I remember years ago playing music at parties and such where we refered to "Takin' Care Of Buisiness" as "Old Faithful." biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jan 28 2014, 08:10 AM
Learning Tone Master

Hi Jeff and welcome in our family smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 28 2014, 09:41 AM
Instructor
Hey there Jeff! Welcome to GMC smile.gif It's always a pleasure to have a seasoned player among us! We all learn from each other here so, please let us know if you need anything around the site and we'll be glad to help out smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jeff S
Jan 29 2014, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

There is so much fresh music here. I played a couple of really nice things that were level 3 and it was so fun and relaxing with no big learning curve. Yes, I think it will be fun to take on a level 6+, but that is part of the beauty of GMC isn't it...choices.

Yesterday, I watched something that Yoppe did...so nice.

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Jan 29 2014, 08:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
Welcome to GMC Jeff .

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 29 2014, 11:31 PM
Instructor
Wellcome to the site Jeff! Nice introduction. Nope..it's far away from comparing to book size smile.gif You're right - playing at home for Your own satisfaction has a lot of good sides. I'm too Young to say I'm bored of being in the smoke of cigarettes, getting tired of carrying the gear and speding nights on tour, in the bus...but...I appreciate the flavor of being able to do my solo stuff at home when nobody tells me how, what and when to play smile.gif Have a nice time on GMC smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 30 2014, 08:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jan 29 2014, 10:31 PM) *
Wellcome to the site Jeff! Nice introduction. Nope..it's far away from comparing to book size smile.gif You're right - playing at home for Your own satisfaction has a lot of good sides. I'm too Young to say I'm bored of being in the smoke of cigarettes, getting tired of carrying the gear and speding nights on tour, in the bus...but...I appreciate the flavor of being able to do my solo stuff at home when nobody tells me how, what and when to play smile.gif Have a nice time on GMC smile.gif

I couldn't have said it better myself! A musician should satisfy all his versions of thirst for playing - I for one am currently enjoying playing the guitar more than you would ever imagine - at home with backing tracks, experimenting with all sorts of ideas, or playing acoustic and re orchestrating stuff. Great fun!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 30 2014, 10:10 AM
Instructor
thx Cosm smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 31 2014, 07:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jan 30 2014, 09:10 AM) *
thx Cosm smile.gif

wink.gif Nothing to it man. Good news - I finally saw the sun today after one week of constant snowing and cold!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 31 2014, 10:57 AM
Instructor
Same in Poland. Unfortunately the joy caused by the sun was distracted by some car issues :/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 1 2014, 09:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jan 31 2014, 09:57 AM) *
Same in Poland. Unfortunately the joy caused by the sun was distracted by some car issues :/

Ow, I hope you are ok Darius.. What happened?

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Feb 1 2014, 12:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Jeff, welcome to GMC! Its a great community, and the lessons are great! I'm sure you will love the forums as well smile.gif see you around mate.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:08 PM