Line 6 Pod X3, And Spider Jam
o_O
Jul 24 2008, 10:46 PM
GMC:er
Hi, this is my first post and I wanted to ask you guys something. I want to buy a Line 6 POD X3, and I was wondering if this was a good purchase, I hear it also has USB connectivity for recording. I find this very useful along with the effects and amp models it has. And I was taking a peek at Line 6 Spider Jam Amplifier and I liked the description a lot, I think I could use it´s CD/MP3 input to connect my iMac and play along GMC lesson backing tracks! well that`s all, if anyone has an opinion on these two i´d like to hear it!

Thanks in advance

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Kizaze44
Jul 24 2008, 11:00 PM
Not a big fan of the Spider Amp. Lots of bells and whistles - loads of preset sounds. But if you get the POD, you may not need an amp with all those different sounds. I sold my Spider and purchased a Mesa Express. Tube amp with KILLER tone. Worth the extra $$. I am a happy man. I would go to a shop and test some tube amps - you'll hear the difference. Just my 2 cents.

-Kizaze

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jul 24 2008, 11:18 PM
I have the pod x3 and i love it.... soo many different tones you can download and make yourself...
http://line6.com/customtone/

Plus you can record yourself on your computer and see how you have been progressing.. I run my pod x3 to my spyder amp and just use the amp on clean... You probably wont need a spyder amp cause the pod is amazing.. You wont regret getting one... Id buy a cheap tube amp and run the pod through it if i were you... But the pod x3 is worth every penny

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 24 2008, 11:26 PM
Instructor
I don't think Spider is a good amp, the sound is not good in quality frankly. Also if you can hear the backings on your Mac, why would you plug i into guitar amp? it will only get the sound muddy.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kjutte
Aug 8 2008, 07:21 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 25 2008, 12:26 AM) *
I don't think Spider is a good amp, the sound is not good in quality frankly. Also if you can hear the backings on your Mac, why would you plug i into guitar amp? it will only get the sound muddy.

my 15watt Line6 spider 2 has just as warm solo sound as my Marshall tube amp. I love the spider, but it's not good for riffing.

+Quote Post
o_O
Aug 14 2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks very much for all your advice! I finally decided to buy the PODxt and a Fender ProJunior Amp! I really like the POD, and the amp is amazing, it´s really loud and it fits a tight budget smile.gif well now that I have the means I can finally add a take in the collaborations part of this site!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:57 AM