6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
V-picks, By Mrs. V
Juan M. Valero
Aug 7 2008, 09:09 AM
Instructor
it's great to have good comunication with customers !!! 10 points to V-picks staff wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wollace03
Aug 7 2008, 09:21 AM
GMC:er
by reading all this comments i wonder, how it is possible to play guitar without these picks....

sounds like a revolution to me..

by the way: i ordered a screamer and the fab four pack......

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Aug 7 2008, 09:39 AM
Get to da Chopper!
As pay day is approaching i'd love it if either one of you could reccomend me a pick, these really do sound exciting biggrin.gif

I'm currently using Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm and also Ibanez extra heavy Sand Grip Wizard picks, which i prefer for the better grip and also the thickness of the pick. I like the pick attack of both.

I want a warmer, fatter tone for my phrasing (I'm thinking Andy timmons, Satriani) without losing the pick attack for my speed runs ( aka Paul Gilbert, John Petrucci).
I'm also playing a fair amount of sweep picking lately and would like a pick that doesn't handicap my sweeping too much (doesnt need to pick designed for the sweep-aholic though).

So to summarise: fatter, warmer, same pick attack (or slightly more harsh) that won't stop me sweeping!

Thanks alot for helping out biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
Aug 7 2008, 10:48 AM
QUOTE (Nancy Smith @ Aug 6 2008, 01:03 PM) *
The Diamond does have a different sound than the Medium Rounded......also is similar to the Large Rounded too. It is our newest premium pick. 100% hand made. It has faster action than these, a fatter tone, is a Lazer cut pick, hand ground and buffed by Vinni himself. It has the V-Pick logo on it that you don't get with the other picks, and the corners are not rounded or pointed either.....somewhere in-between.

As far as worth and extra 6.00, others here can answer that better than me. smile.gif

Regarding losing $10 picks. I am skeptical on myself. Already misplaced a medium rounded. Keys and billfold are important to, and that has not helped me to ever know where in the heck I left them after many years. I might get the glow in the dark ones next time, so I can find them with the lights off. If I ordered today, I would probably get a Diamond and two medium rounded, I like them both, at least that is how I feel now. Not sure which I will end up liking the best, or maybe I will just always like them both. The Diamond is great, but the medium rounded is awfully nice to. I think you need them both. Same as my needing 8 electric guitars.

edit: found it!!!!!

This post has been edited by fkalich: Aug 7 2008, 10:51 AM

+Quote Post
Rooks
Aug 7 2008, 11:19 AM
I mailed an inquiry to Vinni & Nancy, these picks I have got to try out.
I hope this will soon lead to placing an order biggrin.gif As I live far away from the states (like many other GMC'ers) I'd like to get recommendations on which V-pick to use (I asked this in the mail, writing too what I usually use)

And I'm gonna try out some different ones so I will limit the shipping costs if one V-pick suits me better than another tongue.gif

Rooks

--------------------

Gear: Guitar Cort EVL X4 , Squier Strat Amp Peavey Valveking 112 50w

+Quote Post
superize
Aug 7 2008, 11:47 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I am planning on doing another order but i am not sure what to get. I am planning on getting a screamer but then i would love a pick that is suitable for rythm playing and fast tremelo picking, what can you recomend to me there.

I am not really sure what pick i ordered last time(dident relly check) but i think they were, Medium rounded, Medium Pointed and a shredder.

Thanks for all your help

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Aug 7 2008, 04:36 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I just ordered a couple of those picks, lets see if they can be a match for my stone picks wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Vinni Smith
Aug 7 2008, 04:48 PM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Aug 7 2008, 09:39 AM) *
As pay day is approaching i'd love it if either one of you could reccomend me a pick, these really do sound exciting biggrin.gif

I'm currently using Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm and also Ibanez extra heavy Sand Grip Wizard picks, which i prefer for the better grip and also the thickness of the pick. I like the pick attack of both.

I want a warmer, fatter tone for my phrasing (I'm thinking Andy timmons, Satriani) without losing the pick attack for my speed runs ( aka Paul Gilbert, John Petrucci).
I'm also playing a fair amount of sweep picking lately and would like a pick that doesn't handicap my sweeping too much (doesnt need to pick designed for the sweep-aholic though).

So to summarise: fatter, warmer, same pick attack (or slightly more harsh) that won't stop me sweeping!

Thanks alot for helping out biggrin.gif

I finally got signed up and I'm glad to be here! I'd be happy to recommend a pick or two that will suit you......this may l help many others that have the same type of question. And I love to talk about guitar picks and tone!

First of all, you won't need that sanded spot on your picks anymore..... V-Picks cling to your skin once they warm up, and they don't move around in your hand like other picks. It is hard to believe or understand until you have one in your own hand and play with it.

I would reccomend trying the Medium Pointed V-Pick. It is thick, 2.75mm but you won't even notice after you start playing it.

Are you opposed to playing with a rounded pick? If this is ok, I highly reccomend the Medium Rounded. A very fast action and big tone. Satriani is now playing with the Large Rounded V-Pick.

Thanks for the question. Hope this helps.

Vinni

--------------------
Vinni

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Aug 7 2008, 05:28 PM
I told Nancy I would give some feedback about the picks after I got them. Well I got them this afternoon in my mailbox (ordered the fab 4), and WOW!

My favorit is the freakishly large rounded. The others were nice but this one, it was love at first sight when I held it.

Here is the deal, you do have get accustomed to them but after 15 minutes trying them and going back to my old pick made me realize how much better these just feel.

Tone. The tone is very warm and allows notes to blend together while allowing the notes to be articulated as well. These picks bring me one step closer to the tone I invision.

Quality: I am an very heavy picker and after 15 minutes of going crazy I can throw away the very cheap picks, after 30 minutes the high quality picks of some very big companies. I went crazy with the V pick for a whole hour, and the only thing I can notice are a few minimal scratches on the outside and my own fingerprints.

Speed: Speed of light baby! These picks are very fast, they increased my picking speed by at least 10%, if not more.

Service: I ordered them on saturday and got em on the thursday after. Very fast, especially when you consider it had to be sent overseas. Also, after my order I got an e-mail from nancy thanking me for my order and asking me where I heard of the V-picks. Great service.

Downsides: Everything has it's downsides. The V pick is so fast my left hand can't keep up with my right hand. And you can't eat them, which could actually be a good thing blink.gif

All in all. The V pick is a wonderful product. I wish Vinni and Nancy the best of luck with their product, because they deserve it. Great product, great service, and each order is absolutely worth the money and the wait.

JeroenKole

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 7 2008, 05:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for the review.

I'm not sure how you can eat up a pick in 30 minutes though biggrin.gif My picks can last for a long, long, loooooooooong time, if I don't throw them away. laugh.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Vinni Smith
Aug 7 2008, 06:48 PM
QUOTE (superize @ Aug 7 2008, 11:47 AM) *
I am planning on doing another order but i am not sure what to get. I am planning on getting a screamer but then i would love a pick that is suitable for rythm playing and fast tremelo picking, what can you recomend to me there.

I am not really sure what pick i ordered last time(dident relly check) but i think they were, Medium rounded, Medium Pointed and a shredder.

Thanks for all your help

You didn't say whether you liked the Med Rounded and Pointed. Is there something about them that you are trying to get from them and are not? This would help in my recommendation.

I will tell you that the Rounded picks are very fast and suited for tremelo playing.
The Screamer is a very sharp pick and great for rythym and bright, biting harmonic leads.

QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Aug 7 2008, 04:36 PM) *
I just ordered a couple of those picks, lets see if they can be a match for my stone picks wink.gif

You'll throw those stone picks away!

"And that's all I have to say about that." (in a Forest Gump voice) smile.gif

--------------------
Vinni

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 7 2008, 06:48 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Vinni Smith @ Aug 7 2008, 05:48 PM) *
I finally got signed up and I'm glad to be here! I'd be happy to recommend a pick or two that will suit you......this may l help many others that have the same type of question. And I love to talk about guitar picks and tone!

Glad you found you way Vinni! biggrin.gif And thanks for the advice!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vinni Smith
Aug 7 2008, 06:54 PM
QUOTE (JeroenKole @ Aug 7 2008, 05:28 PM) *
I told Nancy I would give some feedback about the picks after I got them. Well I got them this afternoon in my mailbox (ordered the fab 4), and WOW!

My favorit is the freakishly large rounded. The others were nice but this one, it was love at first sight when I held it.

Here is the deal, you do have get accustomed to them but after 15 minutes trying them and going back to my old pick made me realize how much better these just feel.

Tone. The tone is very warm and allows notes to blend together while allowing the notes to be articulated as well. These picks bring me one step closer to the tone I invision.

Quality: I am an very heavy picker and after 15 minutes of going crazy I can throw away the very cheap picks, after 30 minutes the high quality picks of some very big companies. I went crazy with the V pick for a whole hour, and the only thing I can notice are a few minimal scratches on the outside and my own fingerprints.

Speed: Speed of light baby! These picks are very fast, they increased my picking speed by at least 10%, if not more.

Service: I ordered them on saturday and got em on the thursday after. Very fast, especially when you consider it had to be sent overseas. Also, after my order I got an e-mail from nancy thanking me for my order and asking me where I heard of the V-picks. Great service.

Downsides: Everything has it's downsides. The V pick is so fast my left hand can't keep up with my right hand. And you can't eat them, which could actually be a good thing blink.gif

All in all. The V pick is a wonderful product. I wish Vinni and Nancy the best of luck with their product, because they deserve it. Great product, great service, and each order is absolutely worth the money and the wait.

JeroenKole

I'm so glad you are happy! I know don't if we told you, but that pick model, The Freakishly Large Rounded, was made for Carlos Santana and he still uses it today. If you see him on tour , he will be using this pick. It is our only 3.0mm pick. This is why it gets such a huge, warm, fat tone.

Thanks again!

--------------------
Vinni

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Aug 7 2008, 06:57 PM
Vinni! I'm just about to order some, and I'm not sure what to get either, I've been using Jazz III's and love them, so maybe something similar to that? Screamer? But I don't want to miss any mid range.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Aug 7 2008, 07:01 PM
QUOTE (Nancy Smith @ Aug 6 2008, 07:26 PM) *
Sure! I'm be happy to help.....and maybe this will help a few others that have the same reservations as you have. I have Vinni here...he's playing guitar while I write this.....and I am going to ask him to answer (he will register soon and have his own screen name soon.........we just haven't got that far yet. smile.gif )

Vinni says:
Believe it or not, since you are a hard player, this makes you a perfect candidate for playing with a thick pick. Why??? 9 times our of 10 the reason we play hard is because our thin picks do not deliver the tone that is inside our head. If we play with a thick pick the tone is already there and we don't have to dig for it. This simple fact allows us to play lighter handed. And in time a new habit will be formed.

I would recommend the Medium Rounded and Medium Pointed for you on your electric. Normally I would recommend the Small Pointed for a Jazz III player, but you have already expressed that they seem too small for you.....so I would have you try the Medium Pointed....it is a bit larger and has a bigger tone. The reason I am recommending the Medium Rounded is because the tone is so fat, you may prefer it once you hear it. Plus, this pick is very fast.

We have an Acoustic pick specially designed for the acoustic guitar. It looks, to the eye, very similar to the Medium Pointed, but has a very sharp beveled edge all the way around and delivers a crisper, mid-range scoop sound. Plus, a lot more volume with the same effort used as with your old pick.

Nancy here again. Hope this answers your question. Play the V-Picks side by side with your old picks when you get them. You'll be very happy.

Actually I got my picks this morning
and when I checked my email inbox
there was an email from you.
Then I log in at GMC forum and there you are! biggrin.gif

Picks feel great indeed. smile.gif

Ha ha!! I bombarded you, it sounds like.

Glad you like the picks. We really want our customers to be happy.

Nancy and Vinni:
Thanks for the replay - A couple more questions and then I'lll get an order in.

I understand what you are saying about strumming harder(acoustic) with a thin pick to overcompensate and that a thicker pick will help you play softer(But will produce louder results) but up until now, I have always had a hard time with a thick pick as I felt they didn't cut across the high tensioned acoustic strings the way I like when strumming, causing a bit harse sound - I think the thinner Nylon pick flexing compensated for this and gave me a smoother strumming sound- Is there any validity to this, or can it be chaulked up to bad technique on my part(Which is very likely). I do notice you are now offerring thinner acoustic picks as well - When are those a good option.

Lastly - Where does the Screamer fit in that everybodies talking about, related to the medium pointed V-pick?

Thanks,
Michael

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
chast
Aug 7 2008, 07:07 PM
Learning Roadie
I just ordered some V-Picks again and finally also at V Picks because my PayPal finally seems to work now.

1 Screamer
1 Small Pointed
1 Shredder Lite
1 Freaksihly Large Pointed

The Small Pointed is the pick I use now instead of the Jazz III smile.gif
Welcome Vinni and great picks you are doing there wink.gif

What about doing a lesson for us ? tongue.gif
I really like your tone in your videos smile.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Vinni Smith
Aug 7 2008, 07:10 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Aug 7 2008, 10:48 AM) *
Already misplaced a medium rounded.

I might get the glow in the dark ones next time, so I can find them with the lights off.

edit: found it!!!!!

A tip on finding the V-Picks if they are laying on the floor. Some people have no problem , ever, in seeing a V-pick laying around. Others simply can't see them. If you look from an angle, the V-Pick edges pick up the light in the room and shine. If it is dark in the room, use a flashlight.....the edges will reflect the intense light and really light up.

The glow in the dark picks are amazing. With just the light in the room, they will glow. If you put them up lights for 15 minutes to 30 minutes, they will glow all night. They glow so strongly we say that they look like you are holding a piece of nuclear waste. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Vinni

+Quote Post
Rooks
Aug 7 2008, 07:12 PM
Just put an order for some

Screamers
Shredders
small pointed Niteglo's
Lite large pointed

and 3 of each, and 2 of the Lite Large Pointed
biggrin.gif

Edit: Though I seriously doubt V-Picks will top Glenn Tipton's pick that I caught from stage, on the other hand I don't play with it, ever tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Rooks: Aug 7 2008, 07:15 PM

--------------------

Gear: Guitar Cort EVL X4 , Squier Strat Amp Peavey Valveking 112 50w

+Quote Post
Vinni Smith
Aug 7 2008, 07:33 PM
QUOTE (chast @ Aug 7 2008, 07:07 PM) *
The Small Pointed is the pick I use now instead of the Jazz III smile.gif
Welcome Vinni and great picks you are doing there wink.gif

What about doing a lesson for us ? tongue.gif
I really like your tone in your videos smile.gif

Nearly every single Jazz III players that have tried our Small Pointed say that they will never go back.

Kris said that was a possibility for me. I would enjoy doing that. I'd need some help in finding out how to do that.

QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Aug 7 2008, 06:57 PM) *
Vinni! I'm just about to order some, and I'm not sure what to get either, I've been using Jazz III's and love them, so maybe something similar to that? Screamer? But I don't want to miss any mid range.

Our Small Pointed gets TWICE the mid-range of the Jazz III's. You'll be very happy.

QUOTE (Guitar1969 @ Aug 7 2008, 07:01 PM) *
Nancy and Vinni:
Thanks for the replay - A couple more questions and then I'lll get an order in.

I understand what you are saying about strumming harder(acoustic) with a thin pick to overcompensate and that a thicker pick will help you play softer(But will produce louder results) but up until now, I have always had a hard time with a thick pick as I felt they didn't cut across the high tensioned acoustic strings the way I like when strumming, causing a bit harse sound - I think the thinner Nylon pick flexing compensated for this and gave me a smoother strumming sound- Is there any validity to this, or can it be chaulked up to bad technique on my part(Which is very likely). I do notice you are now offerring thinner acoustic picks as well - When are those a good option.

Lastly - Where does the Screamer fit in that everybodies talking about, related to the medium pointed V-pick?

Thanks,
Michael

Good questions! Thank you!

If you like a softer sound on your acoustic, then the Ultra Lite V-Picks will be perfect. They have plenty of flex and give. The do not assault the strings as hard as the Acoustic model does. They still have the wonderfull V-Pick feel and "grippage". I think you will like them a lot. If they are too thin for you then graduate up to the regular Lites, which are 1.0mm. They ask more of the strings and give a much louder, forcefull sound. Maybe good for you, maybe not.

The Screamer is the exact same pick and the Acoustic. I made the Acoustic for a couple of years and even though it was great on an electric, my electric artists would not order it because of the name. So, I gave it the second name, Screamer. Voila! They started selling like hotcakes! We guitarists are a weird bunch, aren't we?

Anyway, the Screamer has a mid-range scoup to it's sound. I am not comforable with a pointed pick, therefore I do not use them but I have a lot of customers that will only play the Screamer. Lots of harmonics and some say they can play faster with them than the rounded picks. I personally have always played with the rounded corner of any pick. I learned that from Robben Ford. Much fatter tone and faster action. But that is just me. My opinion and $2 will buy you a cup of coffee......

Hope this helps.

--------------------
Vinni

+Quote Post
Jeff
Aug 7 2008, 07:45 PM
QUOTE (Vinni Smith @ Aug 7 2008, 01:33 PM) *
I personally have always played with the rounded corner of any pick. I learned that from Robben Ford. Much fatter tone and faster action. But that is just me. My opinion and $2 will buy you a cup of coffee......

Hope this helps.

Hi Vinni,

I am the same way. I use the rounded corner and I usually play Fender Heavy picks. I like the corners on that particular pic. So my question is that I would like to order one of your picks and based on what I have said, which would you recommend? I usually play slower blues and more classic rock type of stuff.

thanks!
Jeff

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:19 AM