4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Do Any Of You Lift Weights?
Nihilist1
Jul 24 2012, 08:25 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
There should be some commercial videos on YT. Just a bit of fair warning, it is a really intense training program.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 24 2012, 08:38 AM
Instructor
The one thing those actor guys all have that us normal people don't is access to the most sought after personal trainers in Hollywood too.. and an endless budget. And time to do it without worrying about a day job and things like that.. so you just gotta remember that when you're looking at all these fancy programs ! tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 24 2012, 08:44 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 24 2012, 07:15 AM) *
What do you think about functional training? Those programs used by Hugh Jackman or the dudes in '300' to build up mass and look stunning in a relatively short period of time? It's a combo of bodyweight exercises and a serious nutrition plan out of what I have read. Anybody know more about this?

the guys in 300 were trained by Mark Twight. He runs the 'Gym Jones' training centre. if you search 'gym jones' on youtube you'll see the kind of stuff they do. Its quite tough, kinda like crossfit but with better form!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 24 2012, 09:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 24 2012, 07:44 AM) *
the guys in 300 were trained by Mark Twight. He runs the 'Gym Jones' training centre. if you search 'gym jones' on youtube you'll see the kind of stuff they do. Its quite tough, kinda like crossfit but with better form!

Thanks amigo!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 24 2012, 06:25 PM
Instructor
Just saw this !

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-...-194749936.html

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 24 2012, 06:32 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 24 2012, 09:02 AM) *
Thanks amigo!!

hey c-dawg, have a look at the gym jones 300 challenge. Mark twight used it after about 4 months of training. He invited a few of the fitter cast members to try it. The goal is to go through each exercise one after the other in as fast a time as possible.

the exercises are -
25x Pull-up +
50x Deadlift @ 135lbs +
50x Push-up +
50x Box Jump @ 24" box +
50x Floor Wiper @ 135lbs (one-count) +
50x KB Clean and Press @ 36lbs (KB must touch floor between reps) +
25x Pull-up
= 300 reps total

Ive done it a few times....... but I cant tell you my time, I *cough* forgot how long it took me rolleyes.gif

more info about it here

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
spacebran
Jul 24 2012, 08:39 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 24 2012, 05:32 PM) *
hey c-dawg, have a look at the gym jones 300 challenge. Mark twight used it after about 4 months of training. He invited a few of the fitter cast members to try it. The goal is to go through each exercise one after the other in as fast a time as possible.

the exercises are -
25x Pull-up +
50x Deadlift @ 135lbs +
50x Push-up +
50x Box Jump @ 24" box +
25x Pull-up
= 300 reps total

Ive done it a few times....... but I cant tell you my time, I *cough* forgot how long it took me rolleyes.gif

more info about it here

That sounds intense ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 25 2012, 07:51 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 23 2012, 04:19 PM) *
It bugs me so very much that people trash the land like that...

ohmy.gif Don't come to India Nhilist, sad.gif people here are, Garbage spreaders mad.gif It'll pain your heart a lot man sad.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 23 2012, 01:43 PM) *
I guess some of us were just meant to stay skinny !! laugh.gif

I hear you Ben laugh.gif I've been extremely skinny all my life, no matter how much I eat, meat, cheese, butter, and all the unhealthy super oily Indian food, It just doesn't stick on me laugh.gif I don't know where does it go. I can't put up any muscle mass mad.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 23 2012, 01:43 PM) *
What one really needs is enough money to sustain the good diet and enough protein supplement.. it's quite an expensive pastime if you wanna really go for it ! dry.gif

laugh.gif Oh yes, money, and a lot of resilience tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 25 2012, 07:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 24 2012, 05:32 PM) *

the exercises are -
25x Pull-up +
50x Deadlift @ 135lbs +
50x Push-up +
50x Box Jump @ 24" box +
25x Pull-up
= 300 reps total

more info about it here

Wow! Thanks bleez biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 25 2012, 07:58 AM
Guys, Guys and all the guys... this seems to be the thread for intermediate to advanced gym people... tongue.gif Is there a thread for a beginner like me laugh.gif I need to start putting up a muscle mass, and, get six pack abs laugh.gif No, make it eight tongue.gif

Seriously, I think I have the potential, they started to come up as lines when I was 14 or 15 and I went to the gym with my cousin for a week or so, but then quit because some said that exercising in the gym and lifting weights and all might hinder my height huh.gif

But, this year was not very healthy, because, I was at home all the time due to exams and stuff and ate a lot, so put up some weight and my stomach got fatter a tiny bit laugh.gif I am 5'7" and 58 kg.... is that OK ? huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 25 2012, 09:07 AM
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 25 2012, 06:58 AM) *
Guys, Guys and all the guys... this seems to be the thread for intermediate to advanced gym people... tongue.gif Is there a thread for a beginner like me laugh.gif I need to start putting up a muscle mass, and, get six pack abs laugh.gif No, make it eight tongue.gif

Seriously, I think I have the potential, they started to come up as lines when I was 14 or 15 and I went to the gym with my cousin for a week or so, but then quit because some said that exercising in the gym and lifting weights and all might hinder my height huh.gif

But, this year was not very healthy, because, I was at home all the time due to exams and stuff and ate a lot, so put up some weight and my stomach got fatter a tiny bit laugh.gif I am 5'7" and 58 kg.... is that OK ? huh.gif

I don't know about mass building, but I used this running program in the past and it worked really well. After doing it with running shoes, I switched to using boots. They add an extra 2.6 lbs. each.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 25 2012, 09:11 AM
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 25 2012, 01:37 PM) *
I don't know about mass building, but I used this running program in the past and it worked really well. After doing it with running shoes, I switched to using boots. They add an extra 2.6 lbs. each.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Thanks Nhilist smile.gif I'll take a look, although I am totally uninterested in running, I was always a slow runner dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 25 2012, 09:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 25 2012, 07:58 AM) *

The only way to 'get abs' is to lose all the weight around your stomach.. the abs are already there, you just need to trim away the fat so they're visible. It's not something I've ever done but that's what you need to do. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 25 2012, 09:30 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 25 2012, 01:58 PM) *
The only way to 'get abs' is to lose all the weight around your stomach.. the abs are already there, you just need to trim away the fat so they're visible. It's not something I've ever done but that's what you need to do. smile.gif

Any idea how to "trim" the fat away tongue.gif ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 25 2012, 09:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 25 2012, 09:30 AM) *

Eat less, exercise more ! laugh.gif

Sorry.. tongue.gif

The best way is to find an exercise you actually like doing.. if it can be a hobby that's even better. Plus, in the kind of temperatures you experience over there you should be able to burn off more calories in theory.. or maybe my science is a bit screwed there ?? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 25 2012, 09:52 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 25 2012, 02:09 PM) *
Eat less, exercise more ! laugh.gif

Sorry.. tongue.gif

The best way is to find an exercise you actually like doing.. if it can be a hobby that's even better. Plus, in the kind of temperatures you experience over there you should be able to burn off more calories in theory.. or maybe my science is a bit screwed there ?? wink.gif

Only in theory Ben, only in theory wink.gif I eat too much and exercise too less laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
spacebran
Jul 25 2012, 10:01 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 25 2012, 08:30 AM) *

One way is to eliminate unnecessary sugar. You can lose a lot of weight simply by taking sugar out of your diet. I drink several cups of coffee a day and I used to put sugar in it and then I stopped. I noticed a difference within a few weeks.

Be very careful with what you drink - a lot of juices have almost as much sugar as pop.

Also, circuit training is excellent for trimming excess weight off.

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 25 2012, 10:18 AM
QUOTE (spacebran @ Jul 25 2012, 09:01 AM) *
One way is to eliminate unnecessary sugar. You can lose a lot of weight simply by taking sugar out of your diet. I drink several cups of coffee a day and I used to put sugar in it and then I stopped. I noticed a difference within a few weeks.

Be very careful with what you drink - a lot of juices have almost as much sugar as pop.

Also, circuit training is excellent for trimming excess weight off.

I read that it also helps a great amount if you don't consume cheeses.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 25 2012, 10:52 AM
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 25 2012, 02:48 PM) *
I read that it also helps a great amount if you don't consume cheeses.

I just calculated that my BMI is 20 smile.gif So, I am normal biggrin.gif biggrin.gif This is the highest I've got tongue.gif I used to be underweight all my life tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 25 2012, 11:12 AM
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 25 2012, 09:52 AM) *
I just calculated that my BMI is 20 smile.gif So, I am normal biggrin.gif biggrin.gif This is the highest I've got tongue.gif I used to be underweight all my life tongue.gif

Also! I should note that I was a very horrible runner! I had heart problems due to my doctor giving me the wrong dosage of sleeping medication. It put me in the hospital frequently in my teens and I only just recovered about 9 months ago. I became so sick I lost 36 pounds in four days when I was 15 and have only been gaining weight for the last year or so.

Trust me, the C25K plan is the best way to start running again.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:18 AM