3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
How Many Hours A Day Do You Practice?
Darius Wave
Jan 3 2014, 10:32 PM
Instructor
The mind works correct but we often deny the thought's it gives. If want a summary Ben...here You go:

1. You're a very talented player with huge potential
2. You don't need to much of phrasing support - You got nice feel and You are a right person to say what fit's or what doesn't
3. You need to sit down and ask Yourself a few very detailed questions. What do You want to become? If the answer is "a better player" then that's no answear. You need to focus what's exactly the problem...and search for very tiny issues instead of describing whole playing as a "need a fix".
4. Practice? Yep...nothing will happen without
5. Motivation? Choose a target and make it done...but choose the short distance - little steps, not something huge

Overall Your playing needs some precision and ability to say "I iknow exaclty what I play" whyen it comes to rhythm analysis". But as a musician You are already complete. Those are my thoughts.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tonyk
Jan 3 2014, 11:30 PM
GMC:er
I practise approx 4 hrs a day unless particularly long work day or surf good. Unfortunately I dont progress as quickly as Id expect for this amount of effort.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 3 2014, 11:45 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

I usually practice for about a half hour a day during the week. The weekend I have more time and I'll play anywhere between an hour or two. I'd like to pratice even more but things get too busy with work and family.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 4 2014, 02:37 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jan 3 2014, 10:32 PM) *
The mind works correct but we often deny the thought's it gives. If want a summary Ben...here You go:

1. You're a very talented player with huge potential
2. You don't need to much of phrasing support - You got nice feel and You are a right person to say what fit's or what doesn't
3. You need to sit down and ask Yourself a few very detailed questions. What do You want to become? If the answer is "a better player" then that's no answear. You need to focus what's exactly the problem...and search for very tiny issues instead of describing whole playing as a "need a fix".
4. Practice? Yep...nothing will happen without
5. Motivation? Choose a target and make it done...but choose the short distance - little steps, not something huge

Overall Your playing needs some precision and ability to say "I iknow exaclty what I play" whyen it comes to rhythm analysis". But as a musician You are already complete. Those are my thoughts.

Woah, man! Those are the nicest words I've ever heard about my playing, and you are right that I need to take small steps and focus on specific targets. I keep thinking I should practice 20 minutes of alternate picking, then 20 minutes of sweep picking, then 20 minutes of this and that, but in the end I get nothing done. Maybe I improvise a little, but I'm not seeing the technical progress I would like to see. Being able to play faster. Not for speed itself, but my barrier is around 130-140 bpm with 16th notes at the minute, and that's not quite satisfactory.

I agree completely with the rhythm analysis. That's one of many things anyway. I always felt the rhythm would come the more you play, but of course it can be specifically practiced as well.

For now though I would like to find the focus and motivation to sit down and just maybe practice for half an hour. I'm not entirely sure what is keeping me from doing that. Any tips?

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 4 2014, 04:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 3 2014, 12:17 PM) *
Can't say it is. I'm without a job at the moment, so I have all the time in the world. I think I just need to get back in the saddle. I think I sort of lose motivation and dedication when I begin to not see any progress. But then... who would see progress with so little practice? The mind works in mysterious ways, doesn't it?

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 3 2014, 10:37 PM) *
Woah, man! Those are the nicest words I've ever heard about my playing, and you are right that I need to take small steps and focus on specific targets. I keep thinking I should practice 20 minutes of alternate picking, then 20 minutes of sweep picking, then 20 minutes of this and that, but in the end I get nothing done. Maybe I improvise a little, but I'm not seeing the technical progress I would like to see. Being able to play faster. Not for speed itself, but my barrier is around 130-140 bpm with 16th notes at the minute, and that's not quite satisfactory.

I agree completely with the rhythm analysis. That's one of many things anyway. I always felt the rhythm would come the more you play, but of course it can be specifically practiced as well.

For now though I would like to find the focus and motivation to sit down and just maybe practice for half an hour. I'm not entirely sure what is keeping me from doing that. Any tips?

And what about a real music project? Maybe planning to compose and record an EP or some singles could be a good motivation. Sometimes just practicing can make us feeling that has no sense if we don't create music. (and let me say that the feeling is right!, after all we are here because we like music, not exercises tongue.gif ).

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 4 2014, 04:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 4 2014, 01:37 AM) *

Hey Ben smile.gif Instead of thinking what's keeping you from doing something, I'd choose something I want to learn and go for it wink.gif It's as Darius very well says 'choosing a short distance'. I think you are the one holding yourself down and only you know what's going on in your soul, man smile.gif All we can do is take wild guesses..

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:29 AM