5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Beat's Bootcamp, Earn or Burn!!!!
Todd Simpson
Apr 26 2021, 05:15 AM
GMC:er
I have created a new Mute Drill just for my BOOTCAMP SOLDIERS! This one is not for a badge. This is just to help you work on your mute. It's a very simple drill. Just palm mute the bridge, and take your fret hand OFF of the guitar entirely. This will force your palm mute to do all the mute work and show you if there are gaps in your mute. So try it as in the vid, just strike each string a few times, and move on to the next string. Make sure that you don't hear any other string other than the one you are striking. That's the point of this drill. To make sure that you can isolate all of the other strings with your palm mute.

if you notice that you hear other strings ringing, even when you are not striking them, adjust your palm mute angle/position until you find that sweet spot where your palm should be resting. This is the secret sauce folks. Once you sort this out, you won't have to worry about string noise getting in your way, even on our crazy open string licks that span several or all of the strings. It's a quick and simple drill that can really help you isolate any issues with your mute. give it a whirl!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 26 2021, 05:43 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Apr 26 2021, 02:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Here is my new version of this lesson.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Beat Zbinden: Apr 26 2021, 06:10 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 27 2021, 02:02 AM
GMC:er
IMPRESSIVE!!!! Could you feel the difference between the first version and this one? it's a very different thing to pick quite a bit and then to turn around and not pick at all. Sometimes, folks have a hard time making the switch but NOT YOU!! KRUSHED IT!!!!! Your really burning through this with precision and speed. Nicely done. Your left hand has a LOT of speed in it. Well played. If you can adapt your picking hand to palm mute during left hand work like this, you will notice how percussive it starts to sound. In fact, it almost sounds like it's being picked, even though it's just being muted. I use this trick a LOT in my solo work. I rarely pick when I don't need to. I end up picking when I hit certain bits where it will be noticed and using just left hand legato work in other spots but while muted so it often sounds like it's being picked. You clearly have a well developed left hand here and it's great to see!!

You've got this sorted. NICE!!

You just...

LEVELED UP!!!!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
sarge

QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Apr 26 2021, 09:56 AM) *
Here is my new version of this lesson.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2021 - 12:07 AM