Video Pieces From One Of My Latest Gigs :)
Darius Wave
Sep 23 2013, 10:52 AM
Instructor

Hey Hello guys! Just wanted to share a vid from a gig about a week ago smile.gif That's my main band smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
Dieterle
Sep 23 2013, 12:03 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Cool to see ya Live with your Band ! cool.gif

What is the Theme of this song ?

The beginning is it to support Emergency Support !?

Jestesmi Tam ect ........ my polish isnt that good smile.gif

Dieter

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Sep 23 2013, 12:04 PM
GMC:er
The stage and you guys are so cool!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 23 2013, 12:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Sep 23 2013, 11:03 AM) *
Cool to see ya Live with your Band ! cool.gif

What is the Theme of this song ?

The beginning is it to support Emergency Support !?

Jestesmi Tam ect ........ my polish isnt that good smile.gif

Dieter

Thanx Diet! smile.gif Our songs have nothing to do with the beginning of the vid. I'm wondering myself why did author put it there but...maybe for some reason it was connected with a theme all whole party smile.gif

QUOTE (bahadirpeker @ Sep 23 2013, 11:04 AM) *
The stage and you guys are so cool!

Thank You Bahadir! It was pretty nice gig though smile.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Sep 23 2013, 12:38 PM
Nice to see you play live....The band suits you well (mad)!!! Awesome Darius!! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 23 2013, 01:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Sep 23 2013, 11:38 AM) *
Nice to see you play live....The band suits you well (mad)!!! Awesome Darius!! cool.gif

Indeed this is the most "true" band I play because I'm 100% myself in it. I do 100% of music/arrangement and mix/production stuff smile.gif I wish there was moe audience for this type of playing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 23 2013, 02:07 PM
Learning Tone Master

Looks it was a great evening smile.gif I like to see live videos of your gigs. You played relaxed and with a lot of joy smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 23 2013, 04:51 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, that's a killer stage and you sound really good! What can you tell us about the band? Do you have your own albums? How many time have you been playing?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 23 2013, 06:12 PM
Instructor
Thanx Gabriel! I joined the band somewhere around 1998/1999 year. There were better and worse moments but we survived and I realy enjoy to keep things so simple - voc + git + bass + drums smile.gif I wish You could understand the lirycs because our vocalist is not a ultra-skilled singer ...but he has really good and funny lirycs and that's his hidden power smile.gif

We try to make some english versions but it's not the same...hard to translate the sense of humor smile.gif Here's an English version but to be clear we're not a "single topic" band so don't judge by the one above smile.gif

That's a song from our third album. 4th is in progress. We should have more in such a long time of existance but...as I said...we had the suspension moment too

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 24 2013, 11:00 PM
It's always tough to get a good recording live but it looks like you guys were having fun which is always important smile.gif The crowd responds to the vibe coming from the stage so giving out a positive vibe is crucial smile.gif

As for a market, there is a market for nearly every style of music/playing, you just have to find it an connect with it.

To that end, being neck deep in social media is essential. I know it can be a HUGE pain, HUGE time suck, HUGE drain on resources, etc. etc. etc. but none of that really changes how important it is. In this day and age, it's easily as important as, Practice IMHO.

As they say, if a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, did it make a sound? (Of course it made a sound, but since nobody heard it, it just didn't matter). The same is true for bands, if you play great music and it doesn't connect/find an audience, did anyone actually play it?

Todd

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 23 2013, 08:03 AM) *
Indeed this is the most "true" band I play because I'm 100% myself in it. I do 100% of music/arrangement and mix/production stuff smile.gif I wish there was moe audience for this type of playing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 24 2013, 11:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 24 2013, 10:00 PM) *
It's always tough to get a good recording live but it looks like you guys were having fun which is always important smile.gif The crowd responds to the vibe coming from the stage so giving out a positive vibe is crucial smile.gif

As for a market, there is a market for nearly every style of music/playing, you just have to find it an connect with it.

To that end, being neck deep in social media is essential. I know it can be a HUGE pain, HUGE time suck, HUGE drain on resources, etc. etc. etc. but none of that really changes how important it is. In this day and age, it's easily as important as, Practice IMHO.

As they say, if a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, did it make a sound? (Of course it made a sound, but since nobody heard it, it just didn't matter). The same is true for bands, if you play great music and it doesn't connect/find an audience, did anyone actually play it?

Todd

I agree with You Todd in 100% but as far as I'm the only person connected to the social media as much as needed (only for most of the bands I work with) I'm not expecting a miracle. I wish someone could support me but You know that it for sure that when somebody has no expirience, his badly done job doesn't improve anything and needs to be done again...the right way. I try to handle this as much as possible. Thanx for stopping by!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 25 2013, 02:15 AM
I wouldn't bet on the miracle smile.gif But you can always purchase "little miracles" smile.gif For example, if you spend just $10 promoting a post on a fan page on facebook, you can generate 10,000, -15,000 views and dozens of new likes. Also, targeting your ads by age/gender/location is very helpful. I've been running very low budget promo on facebook and have gone from less than 100 likes on my fan page to nearly 700 by zeroing in on the fertile ground so to speak. GREECE has turned out to be one of the best places for my music. Who knew? Also, GERMANY. The united states is one of my lowest responders.

This is a screen grab of my analytics from facebook for the previous WEEK. With a minimal ad spend and some targeted posts, I've gotten some really good traction. Check this out smile.gif

Attached Image

In your reply you mentioned trying to have someone who doesn't know what they are doing in charge of your social media? I have to say I think that's a very bad idea sad.gif Even if you are the only one doing it, and doing it for your own fan page, not your bands fan pages, I have to say it's worth doing. Gaining traction in social media can be tedious. But the benefits of engagement/reach/fan response can be very worth it smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 24 2013, 06:28 PM) *
I agree with You Todd in 100% but as far as I'm the only person connected to the social media as much as needed (only for most of the bands I work with) I'm not expecting a miracle. I wish someone could support me but You know that it for sure that when somebody has no expirience, his badly done job doesn't improve anything and needs to be done again...the right way. I try to handle this as much as possible. Thanx for stopping by!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 25 2013, 02:17 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 26 2013, 11:21 AM
Instructor
Indeed I have to reconsider everything and make some priorities smile.gif Funny thing - You're an American and have lowest U.S.A interest in statistics while I'm from Poland and I have much more U.S activity than Polish biggrin.gif Maybe that's how it works tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:52 PM