Got A Vibration
rokchik
May 1 2007, 10:04 PM
The Dark Canuck
Hey guys need a bit of help.

I haven't been playing for little over a month now and I had my LP in the case for that time. Where it's been kinda dry I had the humidifier in the case for the first two weeks but then took it out as weather changed. I was just about to start back at the lessons and was tuning when noticed that as I plucked the 4D string there is a vibrating noise right above the pick up. What could be causing this as is kinda annoying now that I noticed it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iscariott
May 1 2007, 10:28 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (rokchik @ May 1 2007, 05:04 PM) *
Hey guys need a bit of help.

I haven't been playing for little over a month now and I had my LP in the case for that time. Where it's been kinda dry I had the humidifier in the case for the first two weeks but then took it out as weather changed. I was just about to start back at the lessons and was tuning when noticed that as I plucked the 4D string there is a vibrating noise right above the pick up. What could be causing this as is kinda annoying now that I noticed it?

Does the guitar have a pick guard?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
rokchik
May 1 2007, 11:00 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Iscariott @ May 1 2007, 06:28 PM) *
Does the guitar have a pick guard?

It does. I thought about that and removed it to see if that was the cause...but still a noise.

+Quote Post
Ben C
May 2 2007, 12:57 AM
GMC:er
I don't know if this can happen but maybe because the weather changed and the guitar has been sitting in the case and everything, the action of the strings on the guitar changed?

That would explain the buzzing if the action is too low...

This post has been edited by Ben C: May 2 2007, 12:58 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
rokchik
May 3 2007, 12:18 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Ben C @ May 1 2007, 08:57 PM) *
I don't know if this can happen but maybe because the weather changed and the guitar has been sitting in the case and everything, the action of the strings on the guitar changed?

That would explain the buzzing if the action is too low...

I never thought about that. I have new strings coming (no guitar shop in town) and I'm heading out of town next week. I think I'll take the LP with me and bring it to a pro to have her looked at. One thing I never learned (not that I've been playing the electric long) but would like to is to adjust the bridge/saddles. I know this is an intricate part to your sound but I'm afraid of messing it up. I'd like to be shown first I guess before I start messing with it.

This post has been edited by rokchik: May 3 2007, 12:21 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:32 PM