2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Existing Lessons, tips, errors, advices, feedback, comments, help..
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 4 2008, 09:42 PM
Instructor
You name it. You can access to all my lessons form my signature link. If you need an advice, have an upload for me, or anything, please post here smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bluesrock
May 20 2008, 05:51 PM
GMC:er
Helo Ivan
I have been working on my bending and vibrato lately and i was trying out the first section of your canon blues lesson , could you have a look at my take and suggest any improvements
Thanks
Attached File  bending_and_vibrato.mp3 ( 181.27K ) Number of downloads: 316

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 21 2008, 10:26 PM
Instructor
Good job on your practice, here's some tips:

You can bend the string on the pitch correctly, just need to practice to do it quicker. Don't rush, you're on the right track, just take it slow, and increase the tempo of bending by small increments.

As for vibrato, the first vibrato is bend vibrato, where we go from E to F#. When on F#, you must vibrate only the F# note up and down a little in an even manner. Don't let the string pull back to E again in any case.

Cheers smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bluesrock
May 22 2008, 02:38 PM
ok ivan i'll work on that thanks alot

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 22 2008, 09:15 PM
Instructor
No problem m8, I'm here to help smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JuanMV
Jun 1 2008, 03:24 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hello Ivan! I am sorry if this is kind of a silly request for you, but I was wondering if you could let me know what type of chords you use in the Eric Clapton style lesson, as I want to learn how to play the backing track first. Thanks a lot!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 3 2008, 09:52 PM
Instructor
Aaah I see, it's not a silly request at all mate.

THe chords are: G7 (I), C7 (IV), D7 (V).

Infact, I'll do a lesson about blues rhythm! You gave me a great idea! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jun 3 2008, 09:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
JuanMV
Jun 4 2008, 12:22 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
That would be great Ivan! I have been searching and there is not such a lesson at GMC, so it would be great if you did a blues rythm lesson! Thanks my friend!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 4 2008, 01:29 PM
Instructor
No problem man, I'm writing it down wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bluesrock
Jul 27 2008, 10:22 AM
Hello again Ivan. In your funk skunk 101 lesson in video 2 you use your thumb to mute the low strings alot. when i try and do that it sounds alot messier than if i just use my 1st finger to mute all the strings and just play the notes with my other fingers for example when you play the A and B notes i prefer to mute the strings with my first finger and play the notes with my second and fourth finger. is this an acceptable way to do it or should i try to learn it your way?
thanks

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 27 2008, 02:46 PM
Instructor
If it works best for you, then yes man, I would say do it like that, why not. Whatever gives you the best sound go for it. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bluesrock
Jul 27 2008, 02:51 PM
ok thanks ivan. by the way what tempo and key is the song?

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 28 2008, 12:51 AM
Instructor
Tempo is 130bpm and you can use B minor pentatonic scale. (the chord being used is B dominant)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bluesrock
Jul 28 2008, 02:49 PM
ok thanks alot Ivan.gna go practise it now

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 28 2008, 08:47 PM
Instructor
No problem mate, glad to help smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Sep 15 2008, 02:50 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Ivan.

I have recently joined and had picked your lessons first to improve on. I have chosen the Pentatonic Workshop and been having some good practice. My ultimate goal is be a shredder but understand it will take time and dedication to this.

Although I am at only level 2, I do have a question, or maybe more like advise on how to hit those 16th note triplets?

My speed and accuracy seems to be stumbling over each other if that makes sense?

More like my picking hand is going faster than my fretting hand. This may seem like an easy problem to overcome but I have been working on it for a few days. Rather than getting discouraged, I moved on to lesson 2 today. I figure the speed will eventually come the more I practice.

Just was wondering if you had any advice or good tips to improve this aspect of playing?

Thanks!

Dan

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 15 2008, 02:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Sep 15 2008, 03:50 AM) *
Hi Ivan.

I have recently joined and had picked your lessons first to improve on. I have chosen the Pentatonic Workshop and been having some good practice. My ultimate goal is be a shredder but understand it will take time and dedication to this.

Although I am at only level 2, I do have a question, or maybe more like advise on how to hit those 16th note triplets?

My speed and accuracy seems to be stumbling over each other if that makes sense?

More like my picking hand is going faster than my fretting hand. This may seem like an easy problem to overcome but I have been working on it for a few days. Rather than getting discouraged, I moved on to lesson 2 today. I figure the speed will eventually come the more I practice.

Just was wondering if you had any advice or good tips to improve this aspect of playing?

Thanks!

Dan

Hey man,

Glad to see that my lessons could of use to you.

Here's what I recommend on practicing those triplets:

When you start on slower tempos, you should pick the note and hold it fretted, to the next click right? So this little pause that occurs when you transfer from one note to another must be as even and minimal as possible. I hope this makes sense. For example:

you play Aminor box, and play A note on low E, and then C note, be careful to always try to minimize that small amount of time needed to transfer from A to C. Why is this important? Well, when you go up the speed, those pauses usually stand the same if you're not careful, and note values always go shorter and shorter. This will lead to the part where you can barely play the note you want, because that pause will eat too much precious space in between the notes. You brain will automatically remember to play the part more precise, because you practice with small pauses on slow tempos. WHen you go up the speed, your brain will remember that you practiced with small pauses and try to play more precise.

Other than that, I think it is a wise decision to take a break from this lesson and carry on with the next one. These series consist only from exercises, and we all know exercises can be boring a bit. Try to combine these series with other lessons, and to give your sessions a bit more dimension. When you hit the upper tempo limit on lesson2, go back to lesson 1 and try that tip with pauses I told you. Play it as clean as possible on smaller tempos, be very focused. You will see that when you go up the speed, hands will start be more relaxed and everything will start to sound more fluid all of a sudden.

Also advancing takes time, as you know mate. Just take it easy, and be aware at all times that practice doesn't end with physical practice. Your brain needs time to settle that techniques, so even when you're "offline" so to speak, your brain is constantly engraving that stuff into subconscious, so if you practiced hard the next time you pick up a guitar, you will always move by a notch.

Hope this helps mate, if you have anything more to ask, feel free to do it, and I'll try to help if I can. Cheer smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Sep 15 2008, 02:58 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 15 2008, 09:41 AM) *
Hey man,

Glad to see that my lessons could of use to you.

Here's what I recommend on practicing those triplets:

When you start on slower tempos, you should pick the note and hold it fretted, to the next click right? So this little pause that occurs when you transfer from one note to another must be as even and minimal as possible. I hope this makes sense. For example:

you play Aminor box, and play A note on low E, and then C note, be careful to always try to minimize that small amount of time needed to transfer from A to C. Why is this important? Well, when you go up the speed, those pauses usually stand the same if you're not careful, and note values always go shorter and shorter. This will lead to the part where you can barely play the note you want, because that pause will eat too much precious space in between the notes. You brain will automatically remember to play the part more precise, because you practice with small pauses on slow tempos. WHen you go up the speed, your brain will remember that you practiced with small pauses and try to play more precise.

Other than that, I think it is a wise decision to take a break from this lesson and carry on with the next one. These series consist only from exercises, and we all know exercises can be boring a bit. Try to combine these series with other lessons, and to give your sessions a bit more dimension. When you hit the upper tempo limit on lesson2, go back to lesson 1 and try that tip with pauses I told you. Play it as clean as possible on smaller tempos, be very focused. You will see that when you go up the speed, hands will start be more relaxed and everything will start to sound more fluid all of a sudden.

Also advancing takes time, as you know mate. Just take it easy, and be aware at all times that practice doesn't end with physical practice. Your brain needs time to settle that techniques, so even when you're "offline" so to speak, your brain is constantly engraving that stuff into subconscious, so if you practiced hard the next time you pick up a guitar, you will always move by a notch.

Hope this helps mate, if you have anything more to ask, feel free to do it, and I'll try to help if I can. Cheer smile.gif

Thats some great advice Ivan. I will try that tonight when I get home from work. I have also noticed last night my fingers tend to raise to far above the fret at times. I will try to work on that as well.

Your'e right about excercising can be boring at times but its a necessay evil we all must go through. Unfortunately I wish I had done this 20 years ago. I feel I can play pretty decently but I always had in the back of my head that I can accomplish way more if I knew the "basics". I never had a plan in place but am grateful I have finally found a place that focuses on this stuff. Taking guitar lessons around where I live at $30 a half hour pales in comparions what GMC has to offer.

Again thanks for taking the time out of your day to answer.

Dan

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Sep 15 2008, 05:34 PM
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Sep 15 2008, 09:58 AM) *
Thats some great advice Ivan. I will try that tonight when I get home from work. I have also noticed last night my fingers tend to raise to far above the fret at times. I will try to work on that as well.

Your'e right about excercising can be boring at times but its a necessay evil we all must go through. Unfortunately I wish I had done this 20 years ago. I feel I can play pretty decently but I always had in the back of my head that I can accomplish way more if I knew the "basics". I never had a plan in place but am grateful I have finally found a place that focuses on this stuff. Taking guitar lessons around where I live at $30 a half hour pales in comparions what GMC has to offer.

Again thanks for taking the time out of your day to answer.

Dan

I think I also have problems sub-dividing a metronome beat. I am able to max out my metronome at 240 BPM without issue running these excercises.

This post has been edited by opeth.db: Sep 15 2008, 05:35 PM

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 29 2008, 12:34 PM
Instructor
This is great man, if you can go to 240bpm and play these exercises, I think you are really progressing! Well done smile.gif

You can also post video or audio of you playing it, I would like to see/hear how it sounds on 240bpm. Possibly give some advice if needed etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:33 PM