New Instrumental Track, Progressive guitar solo
thefireball
Mar 17 2014, 06:46 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi. smile.gif

I released a new track on Bandcamp. It's a progressive metal instrumental influenced by Andy James, Paul Wardingham, and Trond Vold. I put my own style into it, of course, but the track is reminiscent of these players. smile.gif I hope you enjoy.

https://brandonburch.bandcamp.com/track/revitalize

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Mar 17 2014, 10:17 PM
Learning Apprentice Player

It sounds awesome. Great playing! Good riffs and nice tastefull leads. Keep on composing, you rock.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jeroen: Mar 17 2014, 10:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 18 2014, 05:02 AM
GMC:er
Good stuff!! Congrats on putting together a spiff track!!! Completing an entire song is quite an achievement. Far too often, we stop short and record just enough backing to solo over and call it a day. Putting an actual song together with a start, middle and end is a challenge in it's own right and doing it well is even harder. In short THIS RAWKS!!! smile.gif

Your production value has really improved since I first heard your recordings. Your playing has improved quite a bit as well!! Keep progressing and RAWKING!!!

After a second listen, I really dig the "chorus" type sections with the melody line, but just as a thought, maybe adding an octave up, down or both, or maybe a harmony or "call and response" etc. to make the melody throgh line "stick" a bit more would only serve to improve on an already spiff track smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (thefireball @ Mar 17 2014, 01:46 PM) *
Hi. smile.gif

I released a new track on Bandcamp. It's a progressive metal instrumental influenced by Andy James, Paul Wardingham, and Trond Vold. I put my own style into it, of course, but the track is reminiscent of these players. smile.gif I hope you enjoy.

https://brandonburch.bandcamp.com/track/revitalize

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 18 2014, 11:34 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif This sounds like Cloudkicker a bit to me! But awesome nonetheless! As Todd says and as I said it a lot of times, you have progressed immensely. Also, try some faster licks here and there to break the flow wink.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 18 2014, 10:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks gentlemen. smile.gif I had never heard of Cloudkicker. I will have to check 'em out.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 19 2014, 08:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Mar 18 2014, 09:52 PM) *
Thanks gentlemen. smile.gif I had never heard of Cloudkicker. I will have to check 'em out.

Hey Bran!

This is my fav track from Cloudkicker smile.gif It's actually just one guy biggrin.gif He started being known in the same period with Bulb AKA Misha Mansoor.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 22 2014, 01:56 PM
Instructor
Very good, modern type compositions. Also You're getting better and better with the mixing job. To be honest You mentioned Paul and similar players but my very first impression was rather...Fred Brum smile.gif

BTW (Brum in polish means - hum, noise biggrin.gif )

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 22 2014, 03:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 22 2014, 12:56 PM) *
Very good, modern type compositions. Also You're getting better and better with the mixing job. To be honest You mentioned Paul and similar players but my very first impression was rather...Fred Brum smile.gif

It's the same in Romanian biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 24 2014, 10:45 AM
Instructor
biggrin.gif Now imagine You try to be a serious worldwide musician and You never know in how many languages Your surname sounds funny biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Mar 24 2014, 04:20 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Brandon,

I enjoyed watching your Three-Year Guitar Evolution. Nice compilation and such great progress. Did you play other instruments before the guitar?

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 24 2014, 04:40 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 22 2014, 07:56 AM) *

Yeah I have heard of him - just never listened to him. Thanks! biggrin.gif I want to produce my band's next album. (whenever the studio will hurry up and finish our EP.) dry.gif They're busy. mellow.gif

QUOTE (Jeroen @ Mar 24 2014, 10:20 AM) *
Hi Brandon,

I enjoyed watching your Three-Year Guitar Evolution. Nice compilation and such great progress. Did you play other instruments before the guitar?

Thanks! It sure has inspired a lot of people. Just gotta practice really hard. And having the drive for it is great also in helping along the process. I did play piano through my childhood, in which I took lessons in theory. I'm kinda rusty on it, but I could get back into it if I pushed hard. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 25 2014, 08:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Mar 24 2014, 03:40 PM) *
Yeah I have heard of him - just never listened to him. Thanks! biggrin.gif I want to produce my band's next album. (whenever the studio will hurry up and finish our EP.) dry.gif They're busy. mellow.gif

Thanks! It sure has inspired a lot of people. Just gotta practice really hard. And having the drive for it is great also in helping along the process. I did play piano through my childhood, in which I took lessons in theory. I'm kinda rusty on it, but I could get back into it if I pushed hard. smile.gif

Bran is living proof that with ambition, dedication and hard work, you can achieve great things! I am still using your video as a motivational tool for people showing a lack for it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 25 2014, 01:27 PM
Instructor
Hi Brandon! Your track has an awesome quality! It's very musical and enjoyable. You get a good balance between melodies and riffing here and I can say that I'm impressed on how much you evolve from one composition to the other.

Congratulations friend!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 25 2014, 08:38 PM
GMC:er
Great job Brandon!! Really nice composition!!
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 25 2014, 10:33 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks gentlemen. I'm honored. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 26 2014, 01:01 PM
Instructor
Well deserved smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:22 PM