2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Comparing The Gnr Guitarists, Slash, Buckethead and Bumblefoot
Scott Gentzen
Jun 20 2007, 03:29 AM
GMC:er
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVV0qlukPVw

Interesting comparison of some GnR solos from Slash, Buckethead and Bumblefoot kinda shows off how each player's style affects their playing of the same song's solos.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 20 2007, 03:43 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ Jun 19 2007, 11:29 PM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVV0qlukPVw

Interesting comparison of some GnR solos from Slash, Buckethead and Bumblefoot kinda shows off how each player's style affects their playing of the same song's solos.

That is very interesting....but Slash will always be the best...he is GNR to me! No Slash=No GNR

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jun 20 2007, 04:07 AM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jun 19 2007, 09:43 PM) *
That is very interesting....but Slash will always be the best...he is GNR to me! No Slash=No GNR

Thats right biggrin.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 20 2007, 04:32 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Without slash its Axl and company.

+Quote Post
Ben C
Jun 20 2007, 05:03 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 19 2007, 11:32 PM) *
Without slash its Axl and company.

So true....

Slash helped define the sound of Guns, and its never going to be as good as it was unless the original band gets back together again...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 20 2007, 05:56 AM
Instructor
Just one word: SLASH.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 20 2007, 05:57 AM
Learning Roadie
I absolutely love buckethead, but man, slash is where it's at for GNR. Velvet revolver is pretty good too.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jun 20 2007, 08:49 AM
when it comes to Guns, Slash will always be the guitarist to fit there music. IMO, Buckethead doesnt deserve to be in GnR because his music is too out of the box while Guns is more straight up hard rock. Thats like saying Metallica would be a better band if Claypool replaced Burton. There both good but musical difference makes the other one better.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 20 2007, 07:09 PM
Ill always stand up for Slash! hey i watched a vid where GNR was performing live and Axl saw this guy with this shirt that said: "Slash is GNR" and axl got pissed and asked security to get the dude out of there. lol

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Jun 20 2007, 08:08 PM
wow... sometimes axl is just pathetic when it comes to stuff like that, its like hes ababy or something and needs every thing his way

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/cliffordacdc

my gear: epiphone sg special, Marshall mg100dfx, digitech df-7 distortion factory

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 20 2007, 08:26 PM
axl is messed up, thats why im not associating with GNR anymore, the whole thing is messed, velvet revolver is great though and pritty much the same

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 20 2007, 08:33 PM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Jun 20 2007, 01:26 PM) *
axl is messed up, thats why im not associating with GNR anymore, the whole thing is messed, velvet revolver is great though and pritty much the same

Velvet Revolver deserves to be called GNR. Although Velvet Revolver is pretty cool too, i wonder how they come up with those great band bames.

Anyways, does anyone know when Libertad is going to be released?

--------------------

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jun 20 2007, 09:41 PM
Ive never listened to Velvet Revolver but I really need to.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Jun 20 2007, 09:54 PM
Bumblefoot and Buckethead are much better guitarists than Slash, but they're not a fit for the band - they're just hired guns. Check out Ron's solo stuff if you really want killer instrumental music.

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jun 21 2007, 01:27 AM
Slash is the face of GnR.....Those other dudes dont fit the style of music, although they are really great guitarists.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Jun 21 2007, 01:52 AM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Jun 20 2007, 08:27 PM) *
Slash is the face of GnR.....Those other dudes dont fit the style of music, although they are really great guitarists.

especialy buckethead i mean u know how weird it would be if u went to a gnr concert not knowing the new guitar player dresses with a kfc buckket on his head...

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/cliffordacdc

my gear: epiphone sg special, Marshall mg100dfx, digitech df-7 distortion factory

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 22 2007, 02:41 AM
QUOTE (ClifordACDC @ Jun 20 2007, 06:52 PM) *
especialy buckethead i mean u know how weird it would be if u went to a gnr concert not knowing the new guitar player dresses with a kfc buckket on his head...

yea, i dont say buckethead is bad at guitar, he is great, but i think he doesent fit correctly in GNR.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jun 24 2007, 08:05 AM
Lets go fishing!
I feel Slash is the face of G'N'R ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Odd1
Jun 30 2007, 02:02 AM
Of all the previous guns n roses members Axl is the only member that is capable of making good music the last 10 years!

Axl = Guns n roses

+Quote Post
Odd1
Jun 30 2007, 02:12 AM
I forgot that some of the snakepit stuff is pretty good, especially Serial killer!

This post has been edited by Odd1: Jun 30 2007, 02:13 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:11 AM